Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Re: Micechat Update: The new GAC, More Details Star Wars,

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    I don't think this is fair at all. MiceAge does an excellent job of reporting what they are hearing at the time. Disney is a company that changes gears quickly. Plans change. Then change again.

For instance, you used (3) Iron Man in your comment...but you fail to mention how Iron Man was planned for Tomorrowland in Anaheim but those plans were shelves when the Lucas deal happened. If Disney had not acquired Lucas, we'd be getting Iron Man. But now we are getting Star Wars instead. What part of this don't you understand? MiceAge reported the Iron Man plan (which was going to happen at that time) and then MiceAge also reported that the plans changed and were becoming Star Wars.

Same thing with the Tron Light Cycle. That too was being planned for Tomorrowland but they went with Star Wars instead. But they were working on ways to do the Tron Cycle on the People mover track. I saw concept art of that on one site.

Your comment feels like you want MiceAge to be like a psychic crystal ball that accurately predicts the future. In reality, MiceAge is really more like having an eavesdropping device in TDA's office right here in the present. They tell us what they are hearing right now...but MiceAge does not claim to be able to travel into the future and report on that for you.
    I somewhat agree with Woc95. I don't believe these new plans, just as much as I didn't believe the plans in the past articles (since every article seems to have new plans.) While you're very right, BradysNBradleysMom (cute name!), in saying that Disney's plans may and do change quickly, it would be more appropriate if MiceAge didn't state things in such a matter-of-factual tone that implicates that what is being reported will happen. MiceAge does much better with revealing unknown details about things that are already popular knowledge, such as the GAC to DAC conversion.

• Artistic integrity

To be fair to both sides - Some rumors only get discussed .. while the offices of imagineering have so much more going on their drawing boards that we don't get to hear.

There are dozens and dozens of concepts being looked at.

What I get upset with - is if there are factions within Disney trying to use the public (US!) to gain support for one project .. and try to dismiss anything else there could be on the drawing boards, and be even cooler!

I'd like to know more about Tony Baxter's 2009 Tomorrowland plan .. that included a dark ride based on the character Wall-E. That's never discussed. See! Too many things that get pushed aside ... while some within Disney deliberately leak their idea to gain support .... WELL ... I DON'T WANT TO HEAR JUST ABOUT THEIRS .. I WANT TO KNOW THE WHOLE LOT!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Banned User

For instance, you used (3) Iron Man in your comment...but you fail to mention how Iron Man was planned for Tomorrowland in Anaheim but those plans were shelves when the Lucas deal happened.
    Ah, there were some rumors by some "insiders" on another site who said 100% that Disneyland is getting an Iron Man E-Ticket as they'd seen the concept art and that WDI was setting up shop there. Well, WDI works on stuff for things besides Disneyland and somebody probably thought that the Iron Man attraction had to go to Disneyland. Iron Man has long been in the works for Hong Kong Disneyland, it was even leaked by one of their execs a while ago.

It's not exactly that WDI works on a +100 million dollar attraction and then, on somebody's whimsy, it goes into some other park on the other side of the world at the last second. Marvel at Hong Kong has been in the works for a while.

If Disney had not acquired Lucas, we'd be getting Iron Man. But now we are getting Star Wars instead. What part of this don't you understand?

Um, nothing official has happened yet, and given WDI's penchant for building massive themed environments, cramming a Star Wars land into Tomorrowland might not be feasible, plenty of Tomorrowland attractions are decidedy non-Star Wars, such as Buzz, Nemo, Astro-Jets (with current theming), and even Space Mountain.

As WDI kinda hinted at D23 they're looking at building a Tatooine sub-land, me thinks they need space to do this.

Microsoft I think recently signed a new deal with regards to Innoventions, so that thing isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I don't think this is fair at all. MiceAge does an excellent job of reporting what they are hearing at the time. Disney is a company that changes gears quickly. Plans change. Then change again.

For instance, you used (3) Iron Man in your comment...but you fail to mention how Iron Man was planned for Tomorrowland in Anaheim but those plans were shelves when the Lucas deal happened. If Disney had not acquired Lucas, we'd be getting Iron Man. But now we are getting Star Wars instead. What part of this don't you understand? MiceAge reported the Iron Man plan (which was going to happen at that time) and then MiceAge also reported that the plans changed and were becoming Star Wars.

Same thing with the Tron Light Cycle. That too was being planned for Tomorrowland but they went with Star Wars instead. But they were working on ways to do the Tron Cycle on the People mover track. I saw concept art of that on one site.

Your comment feels like you want MiceAge to be like a psychic crystal ball that accurately predicts the future. In reality, MiceAge is really more like having an eavesdropping device in TDA's office right here in the present. They tell us what they are hearing right now...but MiceAge does not claim to be able to travel into the future and report on that for you.
    Do you have said Tron concept art? Not denying you, I just would be really interested in seeing it.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Some fans don't like where the Astro-Orbiter is, but I doubt that its going to be moved anytime soon (it sure was built to last as Tomorrowland beginning act for a long time), and where it is, it does add kinetic energy to this area of Tomorrowland, the old entrance was more sedate. The Astro-Orbiter does serve a purpose as a visual berm between Tomorrowland and the hub.

The Astro Orbiter is bulky, ugly, and causes congestion to the main entrance of the land. It should be removed. I don't care if it goes to Yesterland, or just moves to a more appropriate location but it needs to leave it's current spot.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post

The Astro Orbiter is bulky, ugly, and causes congestion to the main entrance of the land. It should be removed. I don't care if it goes to Yesterland, or just moves to a more appropriate location but it needs to leave it's current spot.

[/FONT][/SIZE]
    I agree. If the Orbiter goes away I won't be upset.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post

[/FONT][/SIZE]
    Don't know about "needs" and "shoulds", but the Astro-Orbiter has been where it is for something like 15 years, and it has accompanying rockwork, kinda doubt it would be moved now. I don't think that the congestion is that bad, instead of walking into Tomorrowland in 5 seconds, maybe you have an extra 10 seconds to weave your way in. I think the area around Star Tours can be just as much of a bottle neck, if not worse! YMMV.

They could give the Astro-Orbiter a new skin, though, and even remove some of the rockwork . . .

Tony Baxter wanted the Astro-Orbiter to be in front of the Rocket Rods, sometimes when you rode the Astro-Orbiter, the RR ride vehicle would go by. So, if they ever reutilize the People Mover track/route, maybe it would be a good idea to keep the Astro-Orbiter where it is. Also, for families with little kids, the current location of the Astro-Orbiter is convenient, in the hub near the bathrooms/Plaza Inn, such as how the Fantasy Faire is easily accessible for families with little kids.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 10-09-2013 at 07:30 AM.

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    So you're saying it's impossible for anyone to genuinely enjoy Autopia? That's ridiculous.
    Um, since, in the post you quoted, I quite plainly said that my 6 year old loves the Autopia, then, no, that's quite obviously not what I said. I said that given the choice between a slow, smelly car ride and an immersive Star Wars themed E-ticket, only nostalgia would make someone choose the Autopia. Perhaps there are other, better reasons, but I haven't heard them well articulated.

On a related note, I find it a wise policy to never say anything to strangers on the internet that I wouldn't say to them in person. These (and other) boards might be much friendlier places if everyone did the same.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Banned User

Disney has released no 'concept art' for a Tron light cycle in Disneyland. The People Mover track is not banked and couldn't support a Vekoma-style Tron Light cycle track, and even if the track was removed, large sections of the People Mover route are too tortuous to be used for such a ride system.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Um, since, in the post you quoted, I quite plainly said that my 6 year old loves the Autopia, then, no, that's quite obviously not what I said. I said that given the choice between a slow, smelly car ride and an immersive Star Wars themed E-ticket, only nostalgia would make someone choose the Autopia. Perhaps there are other, better reasons, but I haven't heard them well articulated.

On a related note, I find it a wise policy to never say anything to strangers on the internet that I wouldn't say to them in person. These (and other) boards might be much friendlier places if everyone did the same.
    Guests don't always hit just the E-Tickets, some families come to Disneyland so that their kids can ride the Autopia, as they do for nostalgia/the fun of seeing their kids get behind the wheel for the first time. So, Autopia isn't a negative for the park, but a solid attraction with a huge draw for the average guests.

I guess if you asked some guests, "Star Wars E-Ticket" vs "Autopia" most might want the E-Ticket, but a certain percentage, say those with little kids, would want the Autopia over the Star Wars E-Ticket (assuming that the land above the Subs showbuilding could even support an Ewok village), . . . and there will always be a percentage of guests at Disneyland that get more out of the Autopia than Space Mountain, such as families with little kids, it might not be a majority, but its probably around 20% I would guess. Not everything in Tomorrowland can, or should, be a massive E-Ticket.

Anyway, Hong Kong has an electric Autopia, and some interesting landscaping, WDI could easily top that for Disneyland. Autopia is nice because you get out into a relatively quiet landscaped area of Disneyland (sans the engines), and its kinda peaceful/a fun little diversion.

Autopia could get a new skin, such as a alien world vs. merrie old england from Mr. Toad, lots of ways to plus this ride, even with smelly old engines ,it still has Fast Pass!

• U. B. Bold

^ And I don't disagree. But the choice, as presented in the Mice Age update is either/or. If we could have both, great! I liked the suggestion someone made for restoring half the track to the Fantasyland Autopia. If that's possible, I say go for it. (Or better yet, build an Autopia in Cars Land).

• Minion

Again, why are you speaking for everyone? How do you know someone would choose Autopia over a Star Wars E-ticket, not because of nostalgia, but because of genuine interest and genuine preference? That's my point.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Again, why are you speaking for everyone? How do you know someone would choose Autopia over a Star Wars E-ticket, not because of nostalgia, but because of genuine interest and genuine preference? That's my point.
    I said:
    Perhaps there are other, better reasons, but I haven't heard them well articulated.
    Only speaking from experience, not trying to speak for everyone. That's the second time you've quoted me and ignored/misinterpreted what I said. You might want to leave it alone at this point.

• Minion

I said:

Only speaking from experience, not trying to speak for everyone. That's the second time you've quoted me and ignored/misinterpreted what I said. You might want to leave it alone at this point.
    If you feel I misinterpreted what you said, then I apologize.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Banned User

^ And I don't disagree. But the choice, as presented in the Mice Age update is either/or. If we could have both, great! I liked the suggestion someone made for restoring half the track to the Fantasyland Autopia. If that's possible, I say go for it. (Or better yet, build an Autopia in Cars Land).
    There are always possibilities. Carsland could support a "Baby Cars Trainer" ride, where you get to drive little Cars around a themed environment (though not having a lot of tree cover would be murder on the skin).

I think that, at any rate, an Anaheim Star Wars land would go into a third gate, just in order to have enough space for artistic freedom to build something which actually looks like a Star Wars world.

They could move Star Tours and put in something else.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast