Witnesses needed: ECV vs. Pedestrian 10.5.2013

Hello friends of Disneyland, I am looking for witnesses to an ECV vs. pedestrian incident that happened on 10.5.2013, right after the Halloween fireworks show ended. The incident occurred immediately following the end if the show, while heading toward the castle. I'm a blonde, female in my 40's and was struck by a woman on a large, red, personal (not park rented) ECV. I have sustained extensive injuries and would like to connect with anyone who may have seen me getting hit or who may have witnessed the undisneylike behavior of the woman who hit me, after the incident. I know it's a shot in the dark, but why not reach out and take a chance someone is out there? Thanks for your time, MowedownbyECV

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Witnesses needed: ECV vs. Pedestrian 10.5.2013

I can't help you but I really do love your screen name.

Good luck
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by MowedownbyECV View Post
    Hello friends of Disneyland, I am looking for witnesses to an ECV vs. pedestrian incident that happened on 10.5.2013, right after the Halloween fireworks show ended. The incident occurred immediately following the end if the show, while heading toward the castle. I'm a blonde, female in my 40's and was struck by a woman on a large, red, personal (not park rented) ECV. I have sustained extensive injuries and would like to connect with anyone who may have seen me getting hit or who may have witnessed the undisneylike behavior of the woman who hit me, after the incident. I know it's a shot in the dark, but why not reach out and take a chance someone is out there? Thanks for your time, MowedownbyECV
    Undisneylike behavior? Clearly you haven't paid close enough attention to the ECV crew at Disney parks. Disney World is nuts.

Maybe it was this lady.

disney world angry old lady - YouTube

In all seriousness, hope you get the care you need and feel better soon.

I would recommend keeping an eye out on youtube or other media sites, maybe someone has it in part of their video of they were taping something at the same time. I doubt Disney would release any video without a warrant, but if you get a lawyer maybe they can get a surveillance video from Disneyland.

I hope you're ok! That sounds awful!

Did you go to a CM or Guest Services following the incident? I can't imagine there wasn't someone nearby who witnessed it.

Not sure if you have done it already, but here's another forum I frequent, which has a lot of members - always worth a shot asking around there as well: Disneyland (California) - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 10-08-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Link to non partner site removed

• I'm from Canada eh!

Wow, that sucks. I hate to suggest this, but perhaps Disney has a responsibility to it's guests to ensure that they are not hurt by other guests. Maybe Disney needs to ban all outside EVC's and required people to rent them from the park. This would ensure that the max speed and power is governed appropriately...

• The doctor is in

Hope you are alright.

I would suggest sending an email to Disney about this incident, first of all. If you didn't visit Guest Services after the fireworks to report the injury an email will achieve the same thing.
    Checking for videos on YouTube, as mine, mine, mine suggested, isn't a bad idea either. If you can find a video you might see yourself in the background. It's a long shot but possible.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Wow, that sucks. I hate to suggest this, but perhaps Disney has a responsibility to it's guests to ensure that they are not hurt by other guests. Maybe Disney needs to ban all outside EVC's and required people to rent them from the park. This would ensure that the max speed and power is governed appropriately...
    You are so right. I just got back from 3 days at DLR. I haven't been there in about 3 years. I cannot believe the amount of ECVs zipping through the park. I myself also had an argument with a man in one. He and many others feel they own the streets. Maybe DL should issue DAS for these also and limit the use of them.

And to be honest, most of the people using these should be walking anyways. You know what I mean. And they have no disability. They walk and run just fine to all the rides after parking their cars (ECVs).
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Any thread regarding ECV's in the park more often than not end up in the litterbox because inevitably the conversation turns to the merits and necessity of people having the scooters... and then the fight is on.

We will leave this on the board for the time being, but the thread will be closed. If anyone has any information they can contact the OP via PM, but there needs to be no discussion of this on the boards.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.