Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Land

Smile Star Wars Land

I want a real fully loaded Star Wars land. If Cars and a Bug's Life can get their own lands then why not Star Wars? I really hope that if they are redoing Tomorrowland to fit Star Wars that they just go all the way and make it Star Wars land. I don't want a half-assed Tomorrowland/Star Wars fusion land. The theme should either be one of the other. What do you guys think?

• Minion

Re: Star Wars Land

As I said in the other thread, terrible idea turning all of Tomorrowland into Star Wars Land. TERRIBLE.

Star Wars can get a full-fledged land in Florida, specifically DHS.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Unhelpful User

Yeah I dunno why Disney cant get off their *** and do this. Everything seems soo slow. I dunno how long it took between the announcement of the Wizarding World and its completion but it seemed like a really short time. And this half-expansion will take at least 3 years...

• film975

All this Star Wars talk about Disneyland's Tomorrowland is very, very odd to me. Especially when others have stated time and again that they don't like all the movie tie-ins in the park. Yet this rumor gets spread around here and suddenly they're all for it? What Tomorrowland needs is more originality. Not a Star Wars makeover.

Iger is destroying the theme parks.

Hate the concept for a re-theme of DL's Tomorrowland to Star Wars. HATE IT. (Remember, Star Wars happened a long, long, time ago. It has no business being in TL.) I think they can add this into DHS or a 3rd gate for Anaheim, but definitely not TL. And after reading the miceage update, I think that this is all going to be in-your-face and doesn't belong in the park.
    Explanations of myself are not possible.
    Follow my insta!! @disneyland_theoneandonly

Horrible concept! I fully hate the plans. They should save it for a third gate. It would be a much wiser choice, they could do full cohesive theming rather than overlays to existing attractions.

As many have speculated, it seems that all this talk of the Star Wars layover for Tomorrowland in the latest MiceAge article is very far-fetched and almost likely to be something just to stir people up. The way they talked about demolishing Autopia and the subs was way to nonchalant and stated way too matter-of-factly. Not to mention that the entirety of the supposed plans for all the Star Wars stuff just seems way to cavalier and over the top.

As I've mentioned in other posts, I really think they should save any new plans for Star Wars attractions for the 3rd gate and go all out there, where they'll have more room to dedicate to it.

• keh!

Earlier today, when I was reading about the Star Wars land update, I kept thinking, "... Wait. They're going to... what? Why put that-... Space Mountain? Really? Millennium Fal- No. Blaaah!! For what?!"

Once again WDI takes the lazy route of watching a few films for research and placing/building in accordance to the already existing franchise. Not much of a creative process. I feel bad for any Imagineer that is hoping to help create an original idea from scratch. I also feel bad for any Imagineer that sees this as the easy road for having their blue sky segment already laid out for them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Earlier today, when I was reading about the Star Wars land update, I kept thinking, "... Wait. They're going to... what? Why put that-... Space Mountain? Really? Millennium Fal- No. Blaaah!! For what?!"

Once again WDI takes the lazy route of watching a few films for research and placing/building in accordance to the already existing franchise. Not much of a creative process. I feel bad for any Imagineer that is hoping to help create an original idea from scratch. I also feel bad for any Imagineer that sees this as the easy road for having their blue sky segment already laid out for them.
    We don't even know if this is true or not. Let's wait and see, first.

I also think that they should save Star Wars Land for a 3rd gate or add it to California Adventure. My worry is that instead of building a fully themed and immersive land like Cars Land, that they are going to do a sloppy job and we'll end up with some weird combination Tomorrowland/Star Wars land. Star Wars is such an epic franchise that it deserves it's own land not some half baked plan like it seems they are planning.

• Down Pluto!

No. Thank. You.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Evil is Sexy

Star Wars needs it's own land if they're going to do it. They don't need to commandeer Tomorrowland, slaughter it and refurbish it into a Frankenland.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Sock Puppet

In this day and age a genuine TL would be virtually impossible to keep relevant beyond 5-10 years, therefore current Disney has every right to morph it into something else.
    Everyone keeps talking like a 3rd gate for Anaheim is a done deal yet I assure you it isn't. There may NEVER be a third gate for Anaheim and in fact the biggest inside source poster probably on any of the blog sites says there are currently no plans whatsoever for a 3rd gate, not in any 10 year plan and not currently being discussed in any way.
    they can't afford to save massive IP's for something that may never happen.
    If Disney execs read this site regular, they would assume 90% of America are huge Tron enthusiasts and Star Wars isn't very popular.
    People have to learn to separate what their perfect vision is for the parks, vs what would be most successful. You can't expect Disney to ignore what would be most successful.
    Im not saying its the right thing to do, but can we at least stop the charade that TRON or just some generic, non IP based attraction would cause people to make vacation plans.
    It is just a fact that a Srar Wars land would get people from every city in every state in the U.S. to get on the phone with Disney vacation planners. That is just a fact.
    Again, I'm not saying its the right way to go, but the idea that what is popular on these fanboy sites is always right from a business standpoint is ridiculous.
    Disney NEEDS, not wants, to put Star Wars in the parks. A 3rd gate isn't the option because we don't, and they don't know if it will ever happen, so where can it go. It really doesn't fit into DCA in anyway.
    Its Disneys most popular money making franchise and it MUST be used in the parks in a big way.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    I also think that they should save Star Wars Land for a 3rd gate or add it to California Adventure. My worry is that instead of building a fully themed and immersive land like Cars Land, that they are going to do a sloppy job and we'll end up with some weird combination Tomorrowland/Star Wars land. Star Wars is such an epic franchise that it deserves it's own land not some half baked plan like it seems they are planning.
    What business does it have in DCA? That would be even worse than Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast