View Poll Results: Which would you prefer in Tomorrowland?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars Speeder Bike

45 34.35%
  • Tron Light Cycle

86 65.65%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• keh!

Re: Given a choice - Star Wars Speeder Bike or Tron Light Cycle?

I'm in the "neither" category.

I voted for Speeder Bikes because I like Star Wars more and I know Star Wars is more universally popular than Tron. I mean besides what movie you like more its basically the same thing

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Tron...the ride would be so amazing...while as a movie it might not be amazing..a ride on the other hand would be so fast pace and futuristic it would have lines as big as Racers if not bigger...but we'll get a Star Wars ride that will make more money and also have big lines...even if it's based off the worst movie off the original films

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I'll start it off by casting my vote, and why:

Tron Light Cycle

I prefer it, because it's a far better thematic fit for Tomorrowland, and visually speaking ... it speaks HEAPS. There is the issue that the ride would look better at night. But during daylight, they could be dressed up with cool white sidings, chrome bits, and brushed aluminum fabrication pieces to bling it up.

At one stage, I thought the Tron Light Cycles would be an E Ticket consideration ... all indoors.

But with rumors of a "speeder bike" ride in place of Autopia ... or the course of the old PM track ... I'll take the Tron idea .. any day over ugly Star Wars speeder bikes!

The Star Wars bikes I found on the net ... they are all butt ugly. And if Disney models a ride based on the look of those images .... that's no cool looking ride. It's a grungy ugly thing that fits the theme of Frontierland and Adventureland .. before being cool enough for Tomorrowland.

Tron though ... is cool.
    I agree with all of this. Great points Tomorrowland_1967!

Though the Tron films are underappreciated, I think the light bikes would make for a REALLY AWESOME ride.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    I voted for the speeder bikes, because I can't imagine how Tron would fit the theme of Star Wars Land.
    Mr. Liver ..... please take a look at the bottom of post #1, I made an edit.

The future of Tomorrowland's sub theme ... "Star Wars" or not ... is not really known yet. And it's full extent. It could be a little .. or it could be a lot. We don't know. How do we know if any of it could change last minute on us? If any of it is true.

It's all rumor right now.

And even if Disney makes an announcement, things do tend to change, don't they? From pirates walk-through to flat bottom boat ride ... to WDW Fantasyland 1.0 to 2.0 (with the Dwarves Mine Train) .... things tend to change.

So ... I'm basing this topic/poll ... regardless of what happens with the rest of Tomorrowland.

That is a good point to make. Because IF they did convert the entire land into one big Star Wars land ... I agree with you.

What I'm doing though .. is asking people to focus on these two ideas .. and de-focus on the rest of the land, since we have no confirmed announcements.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Tron, without a doubt. We already have a Star Wars-themed attraction.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    I voted for Speeder Bikes because I like Star Wars more and I know Star Wars is more universally popular than Tron. I mean besides what movie you like more its basically the same thing
    Thank you.

I like it when people who vote for Star Wars give their reasons.

I'll admit to you .. and everyone else .... I'm a Star Wars fan myself. Films 1 (1977) and 2 (1980) my favorites. The Ewok thing (film 3) lost it for me. Too childish. And if a Speeder Bike ride goes through an Ewok Village above the subs show building. uhhhh .... yawn! As for the other Star Wars worlds .... there's no room to reproduce them properly. It won't happen. There are other rides you'll be looking at. The DLRR, the Monorail, subs .. maybe even a glimpes of "It's a small world" .. and even take a whiff of the smoker's smoke in the Motor Boat Cruise section. That's what will be your visuals, and smells.

In my Haley Joe Osmont voice .... I see COMPROMISE.

I don't see Star Wars worlds properly fleshed out ... like it could, if they waited for a third gate.

So .. I don't exactly see Otapah, Kashik, Corroscant, Dagobah, or any other planet being represented in such Speeder Bike ride.

At least with Tron, ... that is ... if it goes over the course of the old PM track .... then it will at least blend in with the city-scapes of Tomorrowland .. and be pretty impressive at night. Can't say the same for the speeder bikes in the 6 Star Wars films. Not exactly attractive. And be less attractive at night - Compared to Tron's.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Mr. Liver ..... please take a look at the bottom of post #1, I made an edit.
    My decision isn't contingent on what they will do with Tomorrowland. My decision is contingent on the fact that I want them to turn Tomorrowland into a Star Wars land.

I think Tron was a terrible movie.

• Artistic integrity

^^
    It was a bit one dimensional ... but you know something - You can have a mediocre .. or even bad movie ... and have an attraction based on it, and be one of the best attractions Disneyland could ever have. (Alice)

I could see someone who's never seen the Tron films .. go on the E Ticket ride ... and find it one of Disneyland's best attractions. If it's built with lots of creativity behind it .. it will sell.

And lets not forget ... Tron is supposedly a go for Shanghai Disneyland.

So, it's good enough for the Chinese ... but not for Americans?

So ..... Tron has the chance of being an awesome ride for Shanghai Disneyland.

And once the R&D and molds are done ... Disney could clone it for any other park if it wants to. And Disney is known for cloning .. right, left, and center!
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Unhelpful User

Who the hell would prefer Tron over Star Wars. Seriously.
    lol

•   
    • Minion

I really don't want to see Tomorrowland saturated by any one franchise, and I don't want to see it turn into Star Wars Land.

Aside from that, visually, the Light Cycles are a lot cooler. They could do some amazing things with that.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Thinking about doughnuts

I don't care whether Tron: Legacy was a popular movie or not. I just picture those light cycles zipping over Tomorrowland at night and I'm sold. Tomorrowland needs some outdoor kinetic energy. They lost that when they took down the (terrifying) Rocket Jets. Flying motorcycle things zipping between trees just doesn't say Tomorrowland to me. Even if they include the Teddy bears. Glowing speeding digital light cycle... program... thingamabobbers - cool and a bit abstract - FTW.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Okay, here's a kick in the head for everyone... I hate BOTH MOVIES! Yes, I hate Star Wars and I hate Tron. Well, hate is awful strong. I would not choose to watch either series of movies voluntarily. There. I said it.

Given that, I am looking at aesthetics and the theme of Tomorrowland (isn't theme what we all rant about?). What do we want our tomorrorw to look like?

Which bike looks futuristic? Both. Which bike looks cool, shiny, tech forward future? Tron bike. Which bike looks old, ugly, MadMax world in postapocalyptic horror? Star Wars bike.

Therefore, my vote is for Tron bike.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Evil is Sexy

TRON, all the way. Star Wars is too overdone and would be best suited in it's own land to be done right. Not sure Disney is thinking about doing it the "right" way, though.

Even if the TRON franchise isn't a current big seller, having a very fun and cool looking ride based on it could change that. People ride it, now knowing anything about TRON, enjoy it and suddenly are interested. TRON 3 gets greenlighted. Yay for us TRON fans old and new.

I really don't want Tomorrowland to become Star Wars Land. EVER. I want it to always be a strange, optimistic mess of ideas.

Plus, I hate Ewoks. I love Jim Henson and his legacy, but I HATE Ewoks. It was the beginning of the downfall of Star Wars. Teddy Bears with bows, arrows and spears win against Imperial forces with superior technology? Proof Star Wars is Space Fantasy. Kinda.. like Avatar...
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Okay, here's a kick in the head for everyone... I hate BOTH MOVIES! Yes, I hate Star Wars and I hate Tron. Well, hate is awful strong. I would not choose to watch either series of movies voluntarily. There. I said it.
    It's responses just like this - that make me hope Disney does very carefully think about pushing I.P.s that no matter how popular they think they are ... original concepts with no movie tied to them .. have a greater chance of being liked by a much wider demographic.

You can have 100 people who like the Matterhorn with the yeti .. as is. But if you replace him with Sully from Monsters Inc. .. not everyone is a Monsters Inc. fan, and will ultimately turn some people off. Off from that list of 100.

if you are Disney marketing ..... wouldn't you push for something that reaches for a wider demographic? Why narrow it?

Anyhow, that's a rhetorical response. Needs no poster to respond. Anyway .... I appreciate all the responses. So far, seems the idea with more "futuristic bling" wins.

Keep those votes coming in.
    MY SIGNATURE:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast