View Poll Results: Which would you prefer in Tomorrowland?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars Speeder Bike

45 34.35%
  • Tron Light Cycle

86 65.65%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: Given a choice - Star Wars Speeder Bike or Tron Light Cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    How about "Neither."
    I'm with you.

I don't think either idea is necessarily horrible and I do think Tron would fit better, but I would rather not have yet another E-ticket in one land adding it to Space Mountain which has a pretty consistent wait of 45-60min and Star Tours which also tends to be about 45min at peak times. Tomorrowland is crowded enough.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Far an above a tron light cycle. Not only does it look awesome, but highly portable as well!

I voted for the speeder bikes. Although I think the light cycles are cooler, and seeing them around Tomorrowland would also be cooler, I like the speeder bikes better, and here's why. The ride's course will take it over the Autopia area. I think the speeder bikes zipping in and out of the trees in an Endor forest would be more exciting than light cycles on an electronic grid.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Good topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    You can have 100 people who like the Matterhorn with the yeti .. as is. But if you replace him with Sully from Monsters Inc. .. not everyone is a Monsters Inc. fan, and will ultimately turn some people off. Off from that list of 100.
    What Disney is betting is that there will be more people coming to the ride and ride it because of the Monster tie-in than they will lose. So, you may lose 20 from your original 100 but you may add 30 new people. I don't know if they gamble pays off or not. But that is their thinking.

Back to Tron Bikes vs Star Wars Bikes: If it was an indoor setting, I would say the Tron Bikes. But outdoors in the woods, I would have to say Star Wars. The Tron Bikes look like an urban vehicle. They belong in city, not the woods. But the Star Wars bikes fit better into the old Autopia tracks.

Find a way to make them look and feel like you are hoovering would be way cool.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Tron Light Cycle and instead of having to do major construction on the outside and have it ruin the magic so ta speak...
    Rip out the games/kinect and the health information things on the upper level of Innoventions. Have the stairs in the middle 'Digitize' as you walk up them. Finally have the Light Cycles in two/three game rooms of four bikes (To hopefully combat crowds) and put the bikes on hydraulics alongside the likes of Star Tours with the helmets that has the game screen projected into it in first person. Those waiting can watch the race taking place in spectator view.

Light Cycle races, oh yes.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    Back to Tron Bikes vs Star Wars Bikes: If it was an indoor setting, I would say the Tron Bikes. But outdoors in the woods, I would have to say Star Wars. The Tron Bikes look like an urban vehicle. They belong in city, not the woods. But the Star Wars bikes fit better into the old Autopia tracks.
    This was my thinking as well. That's why I voted speder bikes over the light cycle. Does that mean I don't like Tron? No, I like it quite well.

*sneaks back into my office with coffee*
    Last edited by TanyAnnette; 10-09-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

TRON light cycles would be a great ride.

At night. During the day, getting the light effect to work would be an uphill challenge.

Think about it. The light cycle scenes in both movies happened in a dark, gloss-black arena, something that's hard to replicate outdoors at noon in Anaheim.

Besides that, the speeder bike sequence in ROTJ happened in a (wait for it) forest, and there's a forest in Autotopia just waiting to be used.

Build a light cycle ride indoors like Space Mountain if you want actual motion, (or like Star Tours if you want fake motion), and use the Autotopia real estate for a speeder bike ride.

• Artistic integrity

I see people's point about the forested section of Autopia. The grungy dirty speeder bikes blend better within the trees ... but .. it's all still Tomorrowland.

There is the Monorail that does make loops in there as well. If the design calls for something blending in with the trees .... what do you do with a sleek futuristic train?

It's one or the other. Go for futuristic sleek machines ... to match with the Monorail . or grunge-up the Monorail.

And there's still the PM tracks which has been very vague throughout all these Miceage columns of late. Seems to go back and forth.

Which is it suppose to be? A new ride goes on the PM tracks? Just the Autopia area? Both?

It's all very vague.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Bring the PeopleMover back.

• Former Churro Jockey

Actually, I figured out the best possible scenario: Tron Light Cycles VS. Star Wars Speeder bikes!!!

On the left side, you get a speeder bike from Return of the Jedi. It has anti-gravity technology which means no friction so it has an advantage there in terms of speed. It also has laser cannons, although there is a design flaw that if the front end of the bike is chopped off by a lightsaber you will spin out of control and die.

On the right side, a light cycle from Tron. It drives in a computer generated world which means that the "ground" is as smooth as glass and there are no imperfections in the tires. It also creates a glowing, colored wall behind it and if your opponent isn't careful, they will crash into that wall and die. However, it makes sharp right angle turns that are impossible in real life and may cause injury or death to the rider. You also get to wear a cool black suit and helmet that lights up to match the cycle.

So, which line will you choose, left or right?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Actually, I figured out the best possible scenario: Tron Light Cycles VS. Star Wars Speeder bikes!!!

On the left side, you get a speeder bike from Return of the Jedi. It has anti-gravity technology which means no friction so it has an advantage there in terms of speed. It also has laser cannons, although there is a design flaw that if the front end of the bike is chopped off by a lightsaber you will spin out of control and die.

On the right side, a light cycle from Tron. It drives in a computer generated world which means that the "ground" is as smooth as glass and there are no imperfections in the tires. It also creates a glowing, colored wall behind it and if your opponent isn't careful, they will crash into that wall and die. However, it makes sharp right angle turns that are impossible in real life and may cause injury or death to the rider. You also get to wear a cool black suit and helmet that lights up to match the cycle.

So, which line will you choose, left or right?
    Right side. If I'm going to die, I want to die in style. Derez me, baby.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Tron light cycles look really cool, but that's about the extent of the attraction. There is very little opportunity for theming etc. Especially when you consider that the ride would likely exist outdoors, which pretty much ruins any potential "on the grid" effect. Sunshine kind of kills that. Star Wars bikes in a landslide!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• The Uber Film Geek

All things being equal, Tron lightcycles.

HOWEVER - Tron Lightcycles would work best in a totally enclosed, always neon-lit environment, and so for the specific use of the land of the Autopia, the Star Wars Speederbike/Endor theming works SO much better for the ride aesthetic. I always thought that if they ever redid the PeopleMover track for Tron they'd have to somehow enclose the track and assist the illusion of speed with neon light projectors or something similar in order to keep the illusion of being in the game world, which would take away from the whole appeal of leaving the buildings anyway, not to mention the look of Tomorrowland from the casual person walking through the land. Speederbikes/Endor will look good both day and night without such aesthetic issues.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rogermeyers View Post
    Who the hell would prefer Tron over Star Wars. Seriously.
    lol
    First off the Star Wars ride is based off the Ewoks Village....for me this does nothing it was never that cool or a setting...second Tron fits great as a ride...while we already have a Star Wars Ride

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

What I don't get is that there were some pretty cool vehicles in the Star Wars movies.... so why would they choose a couple of the ugliest (The Falcon and the bikes) for ostentation?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast