View Poll Results: Which would you prefer in Tomorrowland?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars Speeder Bike

45 34.35%
  • Tron Light Cycle

86 65.65%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Artistic integrity

Question Given a choice - Star Wars Speeder Bike or Tron Light Cycle?

So .....

You all have a choice -

Either Star Wars Speeder Bike careening through Tomorrowland .......................

OR.................

TRON LIGHT CYCLE ........................

And mind you ... your choice is not contingent on whatever theme Tomorrowland takes on in the future, because we don't know what it will be for sure. This is subject is between the two rides by themselves.

So, please take the poll .... and even more importantly, please validate your vote with at least one reason why you prefer it.

THANKS
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 10-08-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Artistic integrity

Re: Given a choice - Star Wars Speeder Bike or Tron Light Cycle?

I'll start it off by casting my vote, and why:

Tron Light Cycle

I prefer it, because it's a far better thematic fit for Tomorrowland, and visually speaking ... it speaks HEAPS. There is the issue that the ride would look better at night. But during daylight, they could be dressed up with cool white sidings, chrome bits, and brushed aluminum fabrication pieces to bling it up.

At one stage, I thought the Tron Light Cycles would be an E Ticket consideration ... all indoors.

But with rumors of a "speeder bike" ride in place of Autopia ... or the course of the old PM track ... I'll take the Tron idea .. any day over ugly Star Wars speeder bikes!

The Star Wars bikes I found on the net ... they are all butt ugly. And if Disney models a ride based on the look of those images .... that's no cool looking ride. It's a grungy ugly thing that fits the theme of Frontierland and Adventureland .. before being cool enough for Tomorrowland.

Tron though ... is cool.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Senior Minion

How about "Neither."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

Tron for me it really fits into TL IMO. The technology they could use for it would be awesome IMO

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    How about "Neither."
    Well .. we know, that the Franchise-Obsessed Disney probably won't give us a choice of something none film based related.

So ... my rational in this poll .. is .............. If it came down to one or the other, which one.

I'm not done on the subject of the Peoplemover Wiggins.

I'm building up to do more battle here on Micechat with the subject of a topic on a Peoplemover 2.0 with a poll.
    MY SIGNATURE:

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    How about "Neither."
    THIS....

But if you're putting a gun to my head I suppose I would go with the one that does not remind me of imperial stormtroopers being bested by the cast of Fragle Rock.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Tron without a doubt! It's such a shame to see how Disney is ditching such a sleek, futuristic, overall more pleasing thematic choice for a rusty, grungy version. Im quickly losing patience with Tomorrowland. It's as if imagineers are ignoring a big flashing red light.

Just combine both.

"Flynn! Am I still to create the perfect crossover?"
    "Yeah."

I dont like the better fit for Tomorrowland argument anymore. Lets face it, nothing in Tomorrowland really fits in Tomorrowland, so why get a lesser attraction for that sake.
    Last edited by Nemo123; 10-08-2013 at 08:54 PM.

• Artistic integrity

Once more .... (While I am tempted to add a third - "Neither") My goal is to single out one or the other.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    I dont like the better fir for Tomorrowland argument anymore. Lets face it, nothing in Tomorrowland really fits in Tomorrowland,
    Well, that's why Disney has an imagineering department. To use their talents to work through these issues .. which they can. But when you are hamstrung to put your creative side in a box and hide the key, because Disney wants franchises pushed ...... then you have the situation that's going on now.

I think we are all better off holding the company to a higher standard .. than throw in the towel, forever.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Not the Hawkguy

Why not both? The Speederbike ride can take over Innoventions and part of the Autopia area, while the Lightcycles can utilize the PeopleMover track.

• Artistic integrity

I hope the two people who voted for Star Wars Speeder Bike could give their reason why that's a better choice over Tron.

Thank you.

The goal in this .. in case it's been missed ... Is PLEASE .. following your decision, give us a small description why you think your choice is a better one.

I want to hear reasons why one or the other is better.

If you got a chance to have your voices heard .. before anything is greenlit for Tomorrowland .. the time is now.

I'm making my 1 voice heard. If I can't have a Peoplemover 2.0 that will carry the whole FAMILY together for 16 minutes of a grand circle tour of a newly renovated land ... then I'll take Tron. We already have one Star Wars related attraction. That's enough for me.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Why not both? The Speederbike ride can take over Innoventions and part of the Autopia area, while the Lightcycles can utilize the PeopleMover track.
    What if Disney wants to do only one of those ideas?

The case scenario is this - Disney has locked in a budget. They are battling over which one to do. Listening to reasons to why Star Wars is a good idea ... and the reasons why it's a bad idea. And to the Tron - What reasons are there for it being a bad idea, and the reasons why it's a good idea.

That's the core premise with this poll.

The fight / tug of war ... between Tron & Star Wars.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Special Agent

I voted for the speeder bikes, because I can't imagine how Tron would fit the theme of Star Wars Land.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast