View Poll Results: What is your least favorite land?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street USA

1 0.82%
  • Tomorrowland

37 30.33%
  • Adventureland

1 0.82%
  • Frontierland

5 4.10%
  • Fantasyland

2 1.64%
  • New Orleans Square

0 0%
  • Toontown

61 50.00%
  • Critter Country

11 9.02%
  • I don't have a least favorite

10 8.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: What is your LEAST favorite land?

TL it's a huge piece of real estate and very misused currently.

Critter Country is weak and Tomorrowland is a wreck. But Toontown is simply un-Disney. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was a terrific movie but there's a navel-gazing darkness at its core which runs counter to Walt's esthetic.

• Hooterville, USA

Toontown.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Come to the Paris park, it's basically ROCK N ROLLER COASTER caliber.
    ]

Please don't tell me you actually like that torture device. DLP's Space Mountain was such a let down.

• MaliBOOMer

I said tomorrowland. It is home to two of the best attractions Star Tours and Space Mountain, but it looks horrible. Especially now with Space Mountain covered in a layer of brown dirt. Also it has arguably the worst attraction in the park: Innoventions.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Closed Account

Tomorrowland.

Space Mountain and Star Tours aside, it has very little appeal to me. There's a lot of square footage that I feel could be repurposed or otherwise better used. The concept of Tomorrowland has sort of faded in lieu of movie-based attractions. Since we're long past venturing to the moon and the mysteries it holds, its become very hard to make Tomorrowland feel like...well, tomorrow. Technology changes at a very fast pace these days and its expensive and time consuming to stay a few steps ahead.

The rumor of Tomorrowland being heavily branded to all Star Wars has me cringing, whether its just a rumor or otherwise. I looooove vintage Tomorrowland, but the current state doesn't thrill me at all.

Tomorrowland was always my favorite as a kid because I was big into astronomy. I always liked how clean and open it seemed in the mid 80s, but now it's the complete opposite: crowded and dingy.

Granted everything seems bigger and wide open when you're 5 years old, but pictures from back then reinforce the memory.

I still can't call it my least favorite because of the great memories and because Toontown exists. And I was never a big fan of Fantasyland as a kid (aside from Dumbo) because i always felt it was more for girls at the time.

• Chief Troublemaker

Tomorrowland, for sure. Not a whole lot for me to do there since Space Mtn & Star Tours both make me hurl. I'm usually there long enough to do BLAB and Nemo then I'm outta there, other than to catch the train or monorail. Even before motion sickness reared it's ugly head, the appeal of TL was dwindling as they started pulling out things I really liked. Journey thru Inner Space, People Mover, America Sings, Spaceship to Mars. There used to be so much to do.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Mrs. J. Depp

Wow Tomorrowland and Toontown are the front runners! I'm going to pick Tomorrowland because i never spend time there just soaking up the awesomeness, unless you count lines. Tomorrowland is a shell of its former self and while I enjoy Space and ST, that doesn't mean I like the land all that much, although I used to.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    ]

Please don't tell me you actually like that torture device. DLP's Space Mountain was such a let down.
    I do!

For me, it's a tie between Toontown and Tomorrowland.

Toontown

Tomorrowland. Even before it became the way it is now, with all the things that us MiceChatters love to complain about it, this was always my least favorite area. Not to say I didn't like, just not as much as the rest of the park.

• Cunning infiltrator

Why Tomorrowland and Toontown. Both T's need to be fixed before DL's 60th Anniversary.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Artistic integrity

If Tomorrowland didn't have Space Mountain, and the monorail .. I'd say FranchiseMallLand aka Tomorrowland.

Funny how it was my number one favorite back in the 70s and 80s - It had so much going on, I easily could spend half a summer day in TL.

So ... Toontown actually is my number one least favorite.

I think the concept of a home for the toons seemed good on paper .. and for the first few years it was open ... It was "FRESH" and "NEW". But it has not aged well. Many ... and I mean MANY things have changed for the worse over there. The loss of the Jolly Trolley. Chip and Dale's acorn crawl ... shuttered. Chip and Dale's slide to exit their house - also gone. Goofy's house ... Not a bounce house anymore - it's now called a "Playhouse". The physical interactivity that made Toontown the exception that it was at the start - is now "Lawyer Safe"! There's really not much happening walking through Minnie's home. Mickey's barn has a few windy corridors until you meet him ... but overall ... it's missing a few more "pizzaz" elements to elevate it to true "attraction" status ... that's also missing in the other homes in Toontown.

It's for all these issues that have sneaked in .. since it opened in 1993 is reason WDI needs to revisit this land, do away with it!

ONLY Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is the bright spot. One of my favorite dark rides .. It's one of Disney's finest efforts.

The rest of Toontown ... uhh .. about 75% of it .. can be demolished ... and I won't feel like Disneyland is really missing anything. I will agree it's good for the kids to have a few interactive features to play with. But since DCA has been built ... they can get it in the form of Flicks Fun Faire. There's Jumpin Jelly Fish. Disney Junior Live On Stage, Turtle Talk with Crush, PLENTY of character meet locations between DCA & DL! So, since Toontown was built (1993) ... plenty has been added for little kiddies with an additional park .. just need that ParkHopper Ticket to get in.

I feel Toontown could be re-purposed for something greater in the far off future. And retain Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 10-28-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast