View Poll Results: What is your least favorite land?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street USA

1 0.82%
  • Tomorrowland

37 30.33%
  • Adventureland

1 0.82%
  • Frontierland

5 4.10%
  • Fantasyland

2 1.64%
  • New Orleans Square

0 0%
  • Toontown

61 50.00%
  • Critter Country

11 9.02%
  • I don't have a least favorite

10 8.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The doctor is in

What is your LEAST favorite land?

Seeing that the talk is all about the rumored changes to Tomorrowland it got me thinking... what is your least favorite land, or lands, in the park?
    Be as descriptive as you want!

For me personally, I would say Tomorrowland is probably my least favorite land. I say that not only in terms of attractions, but in overall theme, layout, and crowds. I liked Tomorrowland a lot more as a kid and teenager because I loved the original Star Tours and the Star Trader. However, I have never been a huge fan of Space Mountain, Autopia, Innoventions, the Pizza Port, or the Nemo Subs. In recent trips I mostly would go into Tomorrowland to grab a showing of Captain EO (nostalgia, tbh) and to go through Buzz Lightyear because the wait is always real short. I will ride Star Tours 3D, but I am not a big fan of the ride since the refurb. Too much prequel inclusion, the storylines don't make sense, and the 3D bugs my eyes. I will ride Space Mountain if whoever I'm with wants to go on it but if I can't get a FP I won't do it. The standby queue is awful and it takes too long.
    I think Tomorrowland has the worst crowd crunch. You have the monorail crowds, the massive stroller parking lot in front of Star Tours, the crowd that clusters up next to the Astro Orbitor, the water ball that people like to crowd around next to Innoventions, the Tomorrowland Terrace that runs crowded Jedi shows all day, the cluster that always seems to form next to the Subs while people decide to either go to the right or left of the Matterhorn, etc.. I hate trying to squeeze through it all. Not to mention the awful smell from Autopia and the annoying futuristic music. I can't help it. I just hate Tomorrowland.

A second least favorite for me also in terms of crowds and just nothing for me to do because I'm not five is ToonTown. I go in there to ride Roger Rabbit and then I leave. Too many kids in one small, congested area.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Re: What is your LEAST favorite land?

Tomorrowland.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Tomorrowland as well for me. It really isn't like it used to be. SPace mountain ,Star Tours, and Buzz are the only thing our family does. We don't even go inside the pizza place because last time it was so dirty we walked out. My feelings are that if they are going to keep this as tomorrow land some serious changes need to be made. When I was a kid it was so advanced technology wise(IMHO ) my kids today think its kinda boring . Maybe some advances to keepmupmwith the kids of today would make it better. Who know im no expert but at least my family would like it more.

*changes the name from Critter Country to Pooh Country*
    I mean what?

But yes, ever since Country Bears lost attention and they decided it was alright to replace it with Pooh's Cardboard cutouts ride Critter country has been on my detest list. Doesn't help matters much that now I feel no reason to go back there as even the arcade is gone and the only thing worth of mention being 'Critter' is Splash Mountain.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I've gone for Tomorrowland too! ToonTown is the land I spend the least amount of time in on every trip. But that's down to its limited offerings and not because I dislike the area.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Critter Country for me.

Yes, I admit I still mourn the loss of County Bears, and I don't care for the Pooh ride. Splash Mountain is a "whatever" ride for me, personally I have to be in the right mood for it. Other than that, and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe going to Hungry Bear for something to eat, going out of my way to visit Critter Country usually isn't in my plans.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Splash Mountain is the quintessential PERFECT Disneyland attraction, are you kidding?

There's a thrill element, it's highly themed, tons of AA's, music, it takes place in an iconic Disney "mountain"

And it's a water ride, which either makes it even more exciting or takes it off the list on a cold day. If you're assured of not getting wet, the movement along the water is the best!

Tomorrowland is in a sad state but it's got Space Mountain and Star Tours.

a bug's land? It's got nothing.

Toontown. Roger Rabbit and done

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    . . . Tomorrowland is in a sad state but it's got Space Mountain and Star Tours.

a bug's land? It's got nothing.
    "It's Tough to be a Bug" is still excellent. And when my kid was 3 & 4, Bugs' Land was tied for her favorite place at the Disneyland Resort. Sometimes Micechatters disapprove of things (like DCA's indoor afternoon dance party next to Monsters Inc.), that little kids absolutely love.

I hate the current state of Tomorrowland:
    The ugly rocks at the entrance, long rejected as a prototype of Superman's early 1980s Fortress of Solitude.

The Dumbo spaceships that block what should be an excellent view of Tomorrowland.

The tacky, avaricious and insufficiently futuristic stores that Buzz and Star Tours lead to. At least you can bypass the Buzz store with an alternative hallway.

The food---mediocre and overpriced pizza & burgers. Yuck.

The building that once housed the great Carousel of Progress that now holds the partly gloomy Innoventions.

The Space Mountain that is smaller than the one at WDW. I don't care if WDW's is worse, I want a much bigger, darker, & even smoother indoor coaster. I want a Space Mountain Range. Dig at least 20 feet down too, to make the height of some of the hills look scary when the lights are on. No loops. Potentially painful overhead safety bars are too high a price to pay for loops. We've already got CA Screamin'. Maybe name the Space Mountain Range "Star Wars" and make that the great new Star Wars attraction.

And lastly, my least favorite thing at the entire Disneyland resort--the depressing, long-abandoned, conspicuous tracks of my beloved Peoplemover.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-09-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: to prevent overhead bars that come with loops

Toontown, hands down.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

The Space Mountain that is smaller than the one at WDW. I don't care if WDW's is worse, I want a much bigger, even smoother indoor coaster. I want a Space Mountain Range.

And lastly, my least favorite thing at the entire Disneyland resort--the depressing, long-abandoned, conspicuous tracks of my beloved Peoplemover.
    Come to the Paris park, it's basically ROCK N ROLLER COASTER caliber.

• Former Churro Jockey

Toontown. I haven't set foot in that land since 1999. I'm hoping when I have kids I can just pretend that it doesn't exist and maybe they won't notice it's there.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Come to the Paris park, it's basically ROCK N ROLLER COASTER caliber.
    I remember Paris' Space Mtn. being more painful than the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, though I did like the launch and the unique exterior. Haven't been there for over a decade.

• formerly very helpful

I selected Toontown. To me, even though I like the Roger Rabbit ride, it's just an unattractive place to spend time. Very little shade, it's just drab. Although Tomorrowland is a shell of its former self, I still find it a relativley pleasant place to be. Why? I just don't know. It also has a few attractions I like, such as Star Tours, Space Mountain, Buzz LIghtyear, (I'll admit it) the Subs. I even don't mind the Astro Orbiter, although its location stinks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast