Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

Who are the biggest fans in America?

I smell a poll coming on.

Who are the most enthusiastic, monomaniacal fans in America?
    Southern California Disneyland fans?
    Green Bay Packer fans?
    Please suggest a food, place, or team with a long-term, cult-like following.

No religions or political factions please.

Re: Who are the biggest fans in America?

Probably bacon lovers. Although I'm sure I just notice the bacon love more because I think it's disgusting.

• formerly very helpful

Oxygen lovers

• former CM

^ I fathered a Jewish bacon lover (pictured to the left with Tinkerbell) and her gentile dad--moi--rarely touches the stuff. Go figure. Morgan Spurlock and Louie CK might lead America's bacon club.

Fans of Harvard have donated the tens of billions that have proven their love.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Combine the University of Oregon with the TV show Duck Dynasty and throw in that Ice Hockey team down the road from Disney and one would have to concede that "Duck Fans" or the most enthusiastic.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Are there any more die hard fans the Chicago Bears Fans??
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Bangarang!

Surely the biggest fanbase is Disney?

After all (on a technicality) it not only comprises of park fans, but also animated film fans, fans of their TV shows and now Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Marvel fans.

Yup, I think they've got it covered.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

Star Wars fans

• I'm from Canada eh!

Well, in my part of (north) america, there is a brand of superfan that boarders on insanity. The Saskatchewan RoughRiders football team of the Canadian Football League have the most die hard fans I have ever seen. And because there the people of Saskatchewan have emigrated to other parts of Canada, there are these weird little pockets of Roughrider fans in every other major CFL market out there. If there is a Football game they will be there, proudly waiving their Green and white flag, regardless if the roughrider's are even playing...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Cubs Fans.

Despite the fact that their team has not won a World Series in over 100 years, and haven't even been to a World Series in 1/2 that time, they still show up and support their team. Generations, and Generations of Cubs fans still fill up Wrigley Field, and support the team.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, first of all, English Football (don't call it soccer) fans are by far the biggest fans in the world. They riot if the ref makes a bad call and walking into a bar wearing the other teams colors is a legitimate form of suicide in England. So I'd say English football fans currently living in America. Otherwise, I'd say Cleveland fans. No matter what sport you're talking about, the team in Cleveland sucks. That's just a given. And yet their fans are some of the most dedicated, die-hard fans in sports. It's easy for me to be a Steelers fan (maybe not so much this year) when they've won more Super Bowl's then any other team, but the Browns have never won anything, yet I won't hesitate to admit that the fans in the Dawg Pound are more loyal than any Steeler's fan. In fact, watching a game in the dawg pound is actually on my bucket list.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Cubs Fans.

Despite the fact that their team has not won a World Series in over 100 years, and haven't even been to a World Series in 1/2 that time, they still show up and support their team. Generations, and Generations of Cubs fans still fill up Wrigley Field, and support the team.
    I was just coming on here to post this. Cubs fans have had to put up with a lot of mediocrity and even when the team was good and on the verge of winning it all there was always something that dramatically happened during the game to reverse it. There truly is a curse on this wonderful franchise and yet Cubs fans are just happy if it is a sunny day at Wrigley Field and the ol ball game is playing.

I'll throw in a nod for Red Sox fans too. Yes they have finally won a World Series in this century, but it took 86 years for it to happen and you have to be loyal and devout to wait that long. Not to mention they've had some great teams over those 86 years who ended up choking at the wrong time and there usually was a scapegoat for the fan's rage.

Notre Dame fans

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Cubs Fans.

Agree.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Ny son always says that you would think in all those years, the Cubs would at least have won it once or twice on a fluke. Nope, not even that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast