Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Any New GAC Reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    A person in a wheelchair is often not a healthy person sitting in a chair with wheels , they are very ill, weak sick, etc and cannot do the things that others can even while sitting in a chair.
    Right, I have many friends in this position. However, none agree with you. I currently have one at the park this week. She was happy to report that she seriously liked the new DAS. She says it will work well. She says it is a major improvement over the old system.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Right, I have many friends in this position. However, none agree with you. I currently have one at the park this week. She was happy to report that she seriously liked the new DAS. She says it will work well. She says it is a major improvement over the old system.
    Does her disability cause constant pain, does she have so low energy she can only be there at the park for 3 hrs max, Does she have to rush to a restroom without warning 2 times an hour while shes in a line, has she gone by herself and been told by a CM at city hall she has to thru the long line that goes up stairs of birthday button getters before they will help her while shes in a wheelchair???

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Minion

I definitely will keep things updated. I am learning a whole new system too. I was very relieved though with the new system! That is also one question I will ask next time I go. (About if the line is under 10min, do we go directly there). Lil guy is adorable, but also a handful. He has no sense of safety (he will just run at any given moment!) , so very glad to still be able to keep him in his stroller!

• Minion

City hall also has a ramp. U do not have to go up the stairs. Also lately they have neen doing really well getting the nday button people out of line and tsking care of t hem and not having them enter city hall.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    City hall also has a ramp. U do not have to go up the stairs. Also lately they have neen doing really well getting the nday button people out of line and tsking care of t hem and not having them enter city hall.
    to get a gac I have gone up that ramp many times and waited for 10 people ahead of me getting birthday buttons keep in mind I HAVE to do this every visit, since there are many people out th e door and down the stairs this mean I have to "cut" in that line since I cant get in a line on the stairs but I usually wait for those already in the door to go ahead while doing this the last time I went the CM behind the counter actually yelled at me to wait in the whole line I point out this "genius" that I was in a wheelchair and that they dont go up stairs very well he went "oh ok then just let a few more people go ahead of you than the 6 I already waited behind while they got their birthday buttons (no one asks them for their id to see if its really their birthday (joke))

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Master of Disaster

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Anger has nothing to do with it as I keep beating the dead nail over the head, there are many kinds of disabled people I for one am weak and can only be there 3 hrs the whole day and you can imagine how adding an hour or more wait time per attraction affects my visit.
    I am not disabled at all and having to wait an hour or more per attraction is a regular occurrence to me. what makes you better or more special than I am that you deserve to have an experience superior to myself or anyone else for that matter? As was stated before you can have a return time for DAS, Fastpass, and a return time received at the front of an attraction all at the same time while I can only have fastpass. From where I am sitting you are still getting preferential treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    Maybe we will understand better if you explain what your experience with GAC was like. How many rides were you able to go on each visit? If it's more than the three or four you think you will get with DAS, wouldn't that take more physical effort than you would be putting out with DAS?

It seems to me that DAS will give you more options- you can find a spot to rest up if needed between rides, or you can get in a ride with a shorter wait while passing the minutes until your return time. With GAC, you were getting on each ride quickly on arrival, but to have been hitting a higher quantity, you had to be covering more area of the park in a shorter amount of time, right?
    I really am interested to hear what your GAC experience was like. How long did you wait for a GAC, and how many rides were you able to accomplish in a three-hour visit?

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    I am not disabled at all and having to wait an hour or more per attraction is a regular occurrence to me. what makes you better or more special than I am that you deserve to have an experience superior to myself or anyone else for that matter? As was stated before you can have a return time for DAS, Fastpass, and a return time received at the front of an attraction all at the same time while I can only have fastpass. From where I am sitting you are still getting preferential treatment!
    Uh because some people are in wheelchairs and legally disabled like me that are ACTUALLY SICK and are weak, I can only go to the park for 3 hrs before my energy runs out and its painful and I have to go to the restroom often because my nervous system is failing. so before the DAS people like me could get of out the house and sick beds and go and enjoy a few hours at the park now we have to wait an hour or more for each attraction because disney co is afraid of tv reports about the 0.4% of visitors that abuse the system. but most healthy people like yourself just dont get it, have you ever had a bad flu and felt horrible now imagine feeling like that 24/7/365 and being so weak you cant walk and are stuck in a wheelchair to get around.

— Walt Disney

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

A number of posts have been removed from this thread. Let's not end up where we did yesterday with the previous thread on DAS. It's important that the DAS questions are addressed, and those who head for personal attacks in the back-and-forth between members, will find themselves removed from the conversation, and perhaps facing a cost for their behavior.

This thread is looking for actual reviews from members who have experienced the new system, first-hand.

Keep it respectful. Keep it on topic. Lose any personal asides or attacks. This is a conversation we are capable of having. If you are just here to spar with other members, then do not post in this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and for your follow-through going forward!

Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 10-11-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123