• Ewok

military salute disneyland tickets

My husband was just recently released from the military meaning he technically isn't retired but is a veteran with an ID. Are we still eligible for the 3 day military tickets? If not are we eligible for discounted tickets from our base.

Re: military salute disneyland tickets

I really salute your husband AND you (I understand it takes a special kind of person to be a military spouse). I don't know if this will help, but I did hear a rumor a few weeks ago on Pinterest, that you can actually get a discount if you purchase tickets through your local air force base. (It sounds weird, I know, and I'm not sure if this is valid or not, I just thought I'd try and help ) the person who posted this information said that you did NOT have to have been in the military to get this discount, but then again, this is just something I came across.
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

• Ewok

at least we will be able to get some kind of a discount

•   
    • Minion

Ask at the ticket booths (or give them a call). I think you have to be either specifically retired or active duty and have a current military ID, but don't quote me on that. My Mom is a disabled retired veteran with an orange ID, and she was able to get their three day deal, and they did specifically check her military ID. It was $125 for three day Hopper tickets.
    Last edited by Malina; 10-09-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Evil is Sexy

You could always call your local MWR office as well to find out. Are you still able to come on base?
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

The 3-day park hopper ones are for active and retired military only. As far as the park enforcing the ID check at the gates, I'm not sure how much that is enforced. This is always a topic that comes up here and there.

Military discount?

• The doctor is in

If you and/or your husband have a valid ID and are eligible to go on base you will be eligible for the military tickets. I used them last October before I got out and had a difficult time obtaining them from my base, so I wound up having to get them at the parks when I arrived in California. As long as one person has the ID to buy the tickets you should be fine. The best way is to go on base and visit the MWR office and see if they are selling the tickets. If not contact Disney and make sure you can buy them at the ticket offices outside the park when you arrive.

Just make sure the ID holder is with you at all times while entering the parks. If you aren't entering with the ID holder who bought the tickets they won't let you in. Just fyi.

And yes, as mentioned, they are available for active duty, active reserve, and retired military only. If you or your husband hold a civilian CAC card for DoD or civilian contractor you are not eligible for the discounted tickets.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.