Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• white and nerdy

Walking Distance?

No, this isn't a reference to the best episode of the Twilight Zone that takes place in Binghamton, NY (Where Rod Sterling is from)

It's about walking distance to and from Hotels. Normaly we stay at hotels on Harbor Blvd, but for the next trip we are planning those hotels are almost all sold out...

How hard is it to walk to the parks hotels on Katella? We're talking about hotels right buy DCA.... How long does it take to walk to Disneyland's entrance?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Give Peace a Chance

Re: Walking Distance?

I'm a local, but you're not offering too much help here. Do you have the name or address of any of the hotels you're thinking of staying at?
    Many hotels have shuttles, so walking is not much of a problem at all. Depending on where on Katella you are planning on staying and what entracnce to DLR you use, the walk will take longer. Obviously much longer than just across the street from DL. With a little more info I'd be glad to try to give you more specific help.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• white and nerdy

Specificly we're looking at the Parkside Inn and Suites.

Is there an entrance on the west side of property? I'm only familiar with the east side.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

You can also enter the Timon lot via the Katella pedestrian entrance and take the tram the rest of the way. The pedestrian entrance is roughly across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. A lot of people staying at the Hilton and the other hotels and motels around there do that. The gate usually stays open at least until the trams stop running, after that you will have to walk back to your hotel via Harbor.

• CM for 4 years!

If you stay at a hotel on the corner of Katella/Disneyland Dr. you could just walk through the Disneyland Hotel property and Downtown Disney... about a 20 minute walk?

Or you could stay at a hotel that's farther off property... maybe more than two or three miles, that might offer a shuttle? There's always the Knott's Resort Hotel. When I'm taking the CM shuttle, I ALWAYS see their shuttle

The Parkside Inn & Suites is a little bit dumpy. My bf lives off of Katella in Los Al, so I drive past it often... and it looks like a truckstop motel... with a nice Anaheim-Resort-approved sign in front of it.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Basking in birthday love

Most of the local hotels offer their own shuttles to the park, or use the red trolley-looking shuttles that serve a lot of the smaller hotels. YMMV on walking distance; I personally can handle up to a mile at the beginning of the day, but wouldn't be able to do anything remotely close to that at the end of a 16-hour day at the park.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

The Embassy Garden Grove is GREAT! It's a non-walking distance one, it's further down Harbor. When I'm staying somewhere that's not within walking distance that's my favorite. I've also heard really good things about Sheraton Anaheim.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

I understand your dilema, we had to stay at the holiday inn at the park way up asthe motels are sold out. the red roof was the last left. ( that did not look good) we will be taking the shuttle!
    tell me, what if the shuttle is packed at the end of the night, do more come and pick up the slack???

• CM for 4 years!

Oh yes! I am all about supporting Garden Grove commerce (because frankly, they could use the revenue!). Stay at one of the hotels on the corner of Chapman and Harbor. Crowne Plaza? I see their shuttle quite often. There's a Joe's Crab Shack right there on the property. It's about two miles from Disneyland, if they don't provide a shuttle there's the Anaheim Resort Transit.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Oh yes! I am all about supporting Garden Grove commerce (because frankly, they could use the revenue!). Stay at one of the hotels on the corner of Chapman and Harbor. Crowne Plaza? I see their shuttle quite often. There's a Joe's Crab Shack right there on the property. It's about two miles from Disneyland, if they don't provide a shuttle there's the Anaheim Resort Transit.
    There's also a Hampton Inn & Suites & a Hilton Garden Inn right on the same property, it's a like a circle of the three hotels.

I like the Embassy because of the room size, the staff is wonderful and they have not only the great breakfast but a manager's reception each evening. They are defintely two thumbs up!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Still wants to be a cat!

New Hotel being built also on the corner of Orangewood & Harbor...Doubletree Suites, not sure when it is opening, but looks like a good bet!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Where exactly is Parkside Inn & Suites....on several maps it shows it on west st. across katella, but I thought it was on the corner of Katella and Disneyland Dr.
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

• white and nerdy

It's on the corner of Katella and West Street I believe.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

you are about 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the lion king parking lot. you are in one of the corner of the Anahieim Covention center. There Is a open to the parking lot a across from covention center enters drive way the dome building. I have walk from the convention center to the lion king parking lot.
    IN the Lion king parklot you can get the parking lot tram.

If you goto the Disneyland Hotel way It's a longer walk. before 9/11 there was away to get in to DCA from west st but Disney's Close it.

There is a good dining place at that corner near where you are staying.

Out side of you hotel place you will see the California screamin ride
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Dumptruck of Information

Quote Originally Posted by Helios77
    Where exactly is Parkside Inn & Suites....on several maps it shows it on west st. across katella, but I thought it was on the corner of Katella and Disneyland Dr.
    West St. and Disneyland Dr. are the same street. West St. becomes Disneyland Dr. when it crosses Katella. And if you keep going North on Disneyland Dr. after the on/off ramps for I-5, it becomes Manchester, where it stops at Lincoln.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast