View Poll Results: Where should Star Wars be included at DLR

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right away, in Tomorrowland, it needs it!

24 21.24%
  • Save it all for the future Third Park

47 41.59%
  • We can have different Star Wars attractions at Disneyland AND in the Third Park

23 20.35%
  • No more Star Wars in Disneyland Park

14 12.39%
  • Save it for Walt Disney World and save Marvel for the West Coast

5 4.42%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: STAR WARS: In Disneyland's Tomorrowland, or save it for the Third Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin999 View Post
    Leave Star Tours where it is and make a whole new land in third park or even DCA instead of Monstropolis. Or if you really want continuity put it all together in a land and put something else in the building for Star Tours, like a Tron ride or something.
    How does Star Wars fit in with Hollywoodland?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I don't think Tommorrowland was ever suppose to be this....I mean it's pretty much an insult to Walt and no I don't think Star Tours is a bad fit but making 50% of the land one movie seems lazy...Disney can't find other attractions for a land about of future?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

So far, more than half prefer Disney hold off for the Third Park before constructing any more Star Wars attractions in Anaheim.

• Artistic integrity

I voted "Save for a third park".

If Disney really wants to pander to westcoast Star Wars fans ... they would wait until the opportunity to work with a clean slate. Have no hindrances of any kind .. that will impede on fleshing out such a land - Such as these types hindrances involved shoehorning into TL:
    * Space needed to put these attractions in. (Hello! There's maybe room for 1 or 2 new attractions)
    * There are other rides that don't match the theme - and are going nowhere!
    * They have to consider how it blends to other iconic nearby items - Matterhorn, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Main Street Plaza, It's A Small World.

To paraphrase this good article to read - Ten Wishes for the New Year: #5 « Progress City, U.S.A.

I'm not for betraying Walt Disney’s original intent for Disneyland’s “world of tomorrow.” There's a reason why the design of the 5 original lands work. They are designed to have a wide variety of stories, adventures ... but with one common thread. Fantasyland's European village captures a variety of countries. Imagine if it was all Peter Pan land, and every ride had to revolve around him? Imagine in the 1967 Tomorrowland (sub theme - "world on the move") had to involve the snowflake in every attraction. Don't you think that would be a bit monotonous?

I'm a big Star Wars fan ... but I'm not so un-objective to not see what's wrong with ONE story type .. to over take one of DL's original 5 lands.

I'm not looking at this rumor through a straw .. like it's the only idea.

I'm also not fatalistic about the concept of the future.

Just because our current generations are cynically stuck in the present and the past, doesn't mean time stops. The future is still coming.

And I know there's plenty of imagination to maintain in "Walt's Original" - A unique futuristic land ... where no other company or theme park entity can do ... and show off to the world, what they are still capable of.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Well it was, and still is a huge hit at the movies, and it doesn't have to fit in Hollywoodland. They want to use a part of land currently unused on the DCA property to build Monstropolis. I say forget Monstropolis and put Star Wars there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

If Disney really wants to pander to westcoast Star Wars fans ... they would wait until the opportunity to work with a clean slate. Have no hindrances of any kind .. that will impede on fleshing out such a land - Such as these types hindrances involved shoehorning into TL:
    * Space needed to put these attractions in. (Hello! There's maybe room for 1 or 2 new attractions)
    * They have to consider how it blends to other iconic nearby items - Matterhorn, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Main Street Plaza, It's A Small World.

To paraphrase this good article to read - Ten Wishes for the New Year: #5 « Progress City, U.S.A.

I'm not for betraying Walt Disney’s original intent for Disneyland’s “world of tomorrow.” There's a reason why the design of the 5 original lands work. They are designed to have a wide variety of stories, adventures ... but with one common thread. Fantasyland's European village captures a variety of countries. Imagine if it was all Peter Pan land, and every ride had to revolve around him? Imagine in the 1967 Tomorrowland (sub theme - "world on the move") had to involve the snowflake in every attraction. Don't you think that would be a bit monotonous?

I'm a big Star Wars fan ... but I'm not so un-objective to not see what's wrong with ONE story type .. to over take one of DL's original 5 lands.

Just because our current generations are cynically stuck in the present and the past, doesn't mean time stops. The future is still coming.

And I know there's plenty of imagination to maintain in "Walt's Original" - A unique futuristic land ... where no other company or theme park entity can do ... and show off to the world, what they are still capable of.
    Yeah, Ditto. Seriously well put.

• Not on the Jedi Council

The only way Tomorrowland can be saved from being Star Wars land is if the Tomorrowland movie becomes a major hit and we could get futurists to come up with a bright new beautiful tomorrow again. As it is, I don't think the park executives can do much without attaching it to a franchise, so it'll probably just become Coruscant.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

Bravo, I wish I had written this word for word.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    I think they should convert Tomorrowland to a Star Wars land.

Obviously having Star Tours already in Tomorrowland is the deciding factor here. I think it would be a shame to waste money that could go to new attractions on moving an already existing one, and to remain consistent, I would like to see all the Star Wars attractions together.

It would be really sad and confusing if you showed up at a third gate to see all the Star Wars attractions and someone told you that Star Tours was in another park down the street.

I really do think the third gate will end up being a very small scale marvel boutique park.
    The third gate could easily become DLR's largest park when you consider that Disney apparently owns a lot of those apartments around the Toy Story Parking lot, and they could buy the plantation/satellite mobil home parks for a parking garage near the third gate. A big question is what else would go in it besides Star Wars and Marvel . . .

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    The third gate could easily become DLR's largest park when you consider that Disney apparently owns a lot of those apartments around the Toy Story Parking lot, and they could buy the plantation/satellite mobil home parks for a parking garage near the third gate. A big question is what else would go in it besides Star Wars and Marvel . . .
    I think it'd be important to have Disney and Pixar as well as all new Disney adventures. Or it will only appeal to one demographic.

DCA wasn't "Disney" enough when it opened, don't make that mistake again.

• Former Churro Jockey

Look, as much as it sucks, I accept that Tomorrowland is probably not ever going to be truly "futuristic" again. If they can't afford /aren't willing to keep Innoventions current, keeping a whole land futuristic is never going to happen. They recognized that problem and fixed it when they built Discoveryland in DL Paris. Instead of creating an idea for a real future that our children or grandchildren might one day experience, they created the future that people like Jules Verne and Leonardo da Vinci envisioned, the one that never did happen. The theme of Discoveryland is "The Future That Never Was And Always Will Be." So let's do that same idea with Disneyland. Take the same concept of building a future that was envisioned but never happened, only make it different from Discoveryland in Paris. Instead of Da Vinci, make it more like George Jetson. Make it white and blue, with sleek, curved lines and robot servants. Heck, the freeway that the cars in the Jetsons used looks exactly like the People Mover track. Now, don't misuderstand me, I'm not saying I want an actual Jetson's theme, just that I want that kind of look. I'm sure a lot of Mice Age fans have made it out to The Encounter restaurant at LAX since it was designed by Disney Imagineers. How cool does that restaurant look? And the elevator with the freaky 50's sci fi music is awesome. Imagine something like that in Tomorrowland instead of Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. Give us a vision of the future that never happened, and then you don't have the problem of trying to keep it current. Disney already solved this problem back in 1992. Bring it to Anaheim already. Do Star Wars land right, and save it for a 3rd park. Otherwise, you're going to end up with the worst of both worlds. Disney fans will hate what you've done to Tomorrowland, and Star Wars fans won't be happy either because you won't be able to do it right with the contraints of the existing land and buildings.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I like it, but maybe if the retro forward "look" of the buildings still contained a collection of futuristic concepts and attractions that take them selves seriously.

I want to be transported TO this future that never was, not look back at the 60s with nostalgia.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    It doesn't either.

• Disneyland AP

I love Star Wars, but one ride is enough. The concept of Tommorowland is great and they should preserve Walt's theme for the land and just redo it. As for a 3rd gate, I'm not holding my breath for that. I'm happy with the two we have.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin999 View Post
    Well it was, and still is a huge hit at the movies, and it doesn't have to fit in Hollywoodland. They want to use a part of land currently unused on the DCA property to build Monstropolis. I say forget Monstropolis and put Star Wars there instead.
    Just because Star Wars was a huge hit in theaters does not mean it fits in with 1930's Hollywood. With that logic, you could put virtually any movie you want into the land. Consequently, that would make it an incoherently themed land.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast