View Poll Results: Where should Star Wars be included at DLR

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right away, in Tomorrowland, it needs it!

24 21.24%
  • Save it all for the future Third Park

47 41.59%
  • We can have different Star Wars attractions at Disneyland AND in the Third Park

23 20.35%
  • No more Star Wars in Disneyland Park

14 12.39%
  • Save it for Walt Disney World and save Marvel for the West Coast

5 4.42%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

STAR WARS: In Disneyland's Tomorrowland, or save it for the Third Park?

Simple question, now that Disney owns LucasFilm and STAR WARS, and are planning to produce many more Star Wars sequels in the future: Should future Star Wars based attractions be built in Disneyland's Tomorrowland, or should they save them and keep them together in the Third Park? Would you favor Star Tours moving to the Third Park if it had a Star Wars land? Do you think the Star Wars universe could exist in both the original and third parks, or would it be overkill?

• Special Agent

Re: STAR WARS: In Disneyland's Tomorrowland, or save it for the Third Park?

I think they should convert Tomorrowland to a Star Wars land.

Obviously having Star Tours already in Tomorrowland is the deciding factor here. I think it would be a shame to waste money that could go to new attractions on moving an already existing one, and to remain consistent, I would like to see all the Star Wars attractions together.

It would be really sad and confusing if you showed up at a third gate to see all the Star Wars attractions and someone told you that Star Tours was in another park down the street.

I really do think the third gate will end up being a very small scale marvel boutique park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    I think they should convert Tomorrowland to a Star Wars land.

Obviously having Star Tours already in Tomorrowland is the deciding factor here. I think it would be a shame to waste money that could go to new attractions on moving an already existing one, and to remain consistent, I would like to see all the Star Wars attractions together.

It would be really sad and confusing if you showed up at a third gate to see all the Star Wars attractions and someone told you that Star Tours was in another park down the street. k.
    That's why you move Star Tours down the street and put something else in the old simulator cabins.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Sock Puppet

We don't know that there will even be a 3rd gate. TDA doesn't even know that. Decisions can't be made based upon putting attraction and IP's in a park that we don't know will ever exist.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Preferably in a 3rd park along with Marvel, action/adventure park of some sorts

But I'm accepting of the fact that Tomorrowland will never actually be able what its supposed to be without substantial investment constantly, as it will continually be outdated if they try to keep up by making it a 'vision of tomorrow'
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    We don't know that there will even be a 3rd gate. TDA doesn't even know that. Decisions can't be made based upon putting attraction and IP's in a park that we don't know will ever exist.
    Imagine if Toon Town had waited for DCA, and then it could be have been logically placed next to Hollywood Land.

Instead, Monstropolis is slated to go where the Roger Rabbit mythos dictates Toon Town belongs.

Star Tours at Disneyland could very easily be moved down the street and re opened at the third park.

I'd rather they preserved Tomorrowland's true theme and took out these IP's altogether.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    ...We don't know will ever exist...
    Well, before a massive construction project takes place in either of the first two parks, maybe decide if/when and how they are going to develop the rest of their holdings. We need someone to think LONG TERM.

Let's not let Disneyland Resort become the Winchester Mystery House with one room added on to another without any forethought.

• Disneyland History Lover

Star Wars has been a presence in Tomorrowland since 1986. That's nearly half of Disneyland's existence. I think we're going to have to accept that the Star Wars theme (or if they go all the way, Star Wars Land) is going to take over. Personally, I'd prefer a subland within Tomorrowland toward the back where Innoventions and Autopia are. But given TL's infrastructure as well as the fact that Star Tours is already at the entrance to the land, that would be hard for them to do.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress moved from New York to California to Florida, its a small world from NY to CA, and the parades move from park to park around the world.

So I don't see why it would be impractical to put Star Tours in a show building in the third park and free up Tomorrowland for a futuristic theme.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Star Tours at Disneyland could very easily be moved down the street and re opened at the third park.
    Easy compared to building a whole new attraction? Yeah. But it is still a difficult task to move an attraction like that. Design and construction of a new building, project managers, documentation, training and hiring a whole new cast and whatever loss incurs due to the downtime of the original. Its all costs that are essentially being racked up unnecessarily. They'd be better off spending the money to move the Matterhorn to Adventureland where it belongs.

I'd rather they preserved Tomorrowland's true theme and took out these IP's altogether.
    If they wanted to preserve Tomorrowland's original theme, they would make the whole place an expanded Innoventions. I don't think anyone really wants to see that.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

You mean like opening day Epcot. Yeah, nobody wants to see that.

• U. B. Bold

I'm really glad that I was able to experience Tomorrowland '67. Also the Tomorrowland of the '70s, '80s and early '90s. I will always be nostalgic for "my" Tomorrowland that existed in those days. The Peoplemover, ATIS, Circlevision, Skyway, Carousel of Progress/America Sings, original Subs, Rocket Jets up where they belong... But you know what? Those days are not coming back. Ever. Disney has moved on. The world has moved on. As my old animation teacher once so eloquently put it, "Walt's dead. He have to do what we can without him."

The future has turned out to be a very slippery moving target that even the talented minds at WDI cannot get a consistent handle on. And change is accelerating, making it even more difficult if not impossible. A science fiction based land makes a lot more sense now, today, for an entertainment company that happens to own the most profitable and popular science fiction franchise of all time. They would be absolute fools not to use it, and use it right away - no waiting for a hypothetical third gate. Disneyland is open now, has the infrastructure now, needs the rides and added capacity these attractions will create now.

I loved the Tomorrowland of the past. It was great. It is gone. I look forward to enjoying Star Wars Land with my kids for many years to come. I say build it. The vast majority of people will love it.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I think they should build SW land at WDW first, so they can figure out what works and what doesn't. The more popular and high demanding attractions can then be cloned over on the West Coast.

Unless they plan on EVER addressing the infrastructure issues throughout the resort, I dunno how they can even jump the gun on a third gate in the next ten years. The strawberry field is far more valuable in its current state as a parking lot.

With Lucasfilm and Disney HQ so close by, Disneyland is the best place to test out and refine the use of Star Wars.

Avatar, Marvel and Tron is more than enough for a third park

Leave Star Tours where it is and make a whole new land in third park or even DCA instead of Monstropolis. Or if you really want continuity put it all together in a land and put something else in the building for Star Tours, like a Tron ride or something.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast