Ideas for a surprise during our Disneyland trip!

So I am going to Disneyland with my girlfriend and her dad coming up the week of Halloween. We are going to get AP's and do Mickeys Not So Scary Party. I am trying to think of some ways to surprise her. Just something fun! The reason is I am going to purpose this trip and she knows I have something planned. I want to throw out like a decoy surprise lol. Something that isn't super expensive since we are getting passes, doing mickeys and a birthday dinner and anniversary dinner. Im hoping to find something fun and different to do Any ideas?

Re: Ideas for a surprise during our Disneyland trip!

Sorry but not sure if you are asking to suprise her with the trip or while you are on the trip to surprise her with something else?

ETA - Sorry the title of your post just sunk into my skull, so you want to surprise her while on your trip. Does she have a favorite character you could arrange a meet and greet.

You might be able to utilize DL vacation planning service to see if they have some ideas.

A dinner reservation at the Blue Bayou perhaps

I know they do Birthday Celebration dinners, perhaps you can do something along those lines

You could do a Hidden Mickey Scavenger Hunt with a prize at the end.
    Last edited by dictionary; 10-10-2013 at 11:05 AM.

• Blew By You

Throw her off the scent that your planning a Disneyland trip? Try the ol' want to go to Hollywood thing. Or you have a conference to attend. Or buy tickets to a Ducks hockey game because you always wanted to go see the Ducks in person.

Wink Re: Ideas for a surprise during our Disneyland trip!

I got it!! Surprise her with a trip to the cabin on the mark twain, and propose to her there!! If you ask a cast member on the Mark Twain, tell them you wanna go up there because you wanna propose. I just saw a proposal the other day in front of the castle too. The cast members will actually capture the moment for you, and draw a crowd around you to make sure its memorable.
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

If she can do an all nighter I like to take my lady to the Snow White Wishing well when it's completely empty as Security cleared most people out.
    You could also try to stand out for one of the Laughing Stock Co. skits and get selected. That always puts a smile on a ladies face.
    Have fun on your trip!

Check with the Main Street train station first thing in the morning and see if you can get a ride in the Lilly Belle.

• Selfie Expert

Lilly Belle and piloting the Mark Twain are two absolutely free special things to try.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

Perhaps reservations for the dinner/WOrld of Color combo thing. Or a character meal, but that's getting more expensive.

• Victory Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Throw her off the scent that your planning a Disneyland trip? Try the ol' want to go to Hollywood thing. Or you have a conference to attend. Or buy tickets to a Ducks hockey game because you always wanted to go see the Ducks in person.

No! Nobody wants to see the ducks in person, they aren't even a real hockey team!

GO KINGS GO
    GO KINGS GO
    GO KINGS GO

Aww, that is really sweet of you. If you want something inexpensive and memorable, I would do what other's have already suggested...Picking a "favorite" or romantic place in the park to propose. I'm sure if you go to City Hall or talk to a Cast Member ahead of time and let him/her know of your plans you can pull it off in the most romantic and memorable way.
    The pixie dust is already in the air, you just need to ask for extra help to lift her off the ground. Good luck!!

My suggestion: Storybook Land Canal Boats - talk to a Cast Member and let him/her know you want to propose. There is a "special" boat for "lovers". Take her on a boat ride at night and propose to her under the arches near Aladdin's Cave of Wonders.
    Last edited by sfjgarcia; 10-17-2013 at 10:37 AM.

You guys are awesome!!! Thanks for all the ideas! I have to try these! I think some off this will distract her and make her think that was the main surprise!

For proposing I am hoping I can talk to a CM and get a log to ourselves on Splash Mountain. Then just as we hit the final drop I will hold a sign up asking her to marry me. Then when we go to take a look at the picture and she sees it I will propose on one knee! I just hope we can get a log to ourselves. We are going on the 30th and will have Mickeys party tickets as well so hopefully I can find a time! Im also going to do a TR after so hopefully I get to show some of these ideas!