Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: DAS - How is it coming? Is AP really the issue

Just got done talking to a few girls who worked Chamber of Commerce tonight. The DAS demand was huge on Friday evening, as it was expected to be with tens of thousands of AP's flooding the park after work. Managers were out in force to handle the rowdiest complaints, but the front-line hourly CM's held their own nicely.

There was one recurring theme on Friday night, and it appeared from about 8:00PM onward to Midnight at either the Chamber of Commerce desk or the kiosks out in the parks.

Here's how many of the conversations went late Friday evening:

Guest: I do NOT like this new DAS thing!
    Guest Relations Host/Hostess: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. What didn't you like?
    Guest: I could barely get on any rides! It doesn't work!
    Guest Relations Host/Hostess: Oh? Let's see your DAS card... It looks like you got four different return times today. When did you arrive?
    Guest: I got here after work at 6:30PM and the freeway was horrible, and in four hours we only went on four rides and only got on Racers once! The park was so crowded tonight and this DAS thing DOES NOT WORK!
    Guest Relations Host/Hostess:
    Well, the park is very busy on autumn Friday nights and DAS uses current wait times via the Mobile Magic app that is generally very accurate. The result is that you got on as many rides as the Guest without a DAS, but you also had a chance to enjoy the other things out in the park while you waited for your next DAS return time instead of being stuck in a Standby line. Were you aware you can also use the Fastpass system in addition to your DAS card, or enjoy other low-wait attractions or theater shows?
    Guest: Yeah, well that's not fair and this thing doesn't WORK! I will NOT be renewing my AP this year. You need to bring the GAC back! DAS doesn't work for me! I'll be contacting the media! (Alternate ends to that last sentence: "my lawyer", "my doctor", "Bob Iger", "your bosses", "Yelp", "Facebook", or "YouTube")
    Guest Relations Host/Hostess: Thank you for the feedback and I'll share that with the team. Have a safe journey home. Next in line?...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Guest: Yeah, well that's not fair and this thing doesn't WORK! I will NOT be renewing my AP this year.
    Awesome! The sooner DLR can get rid of that kind of customer, the better.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Amen

Looks like the DAS is going to do exactly what it was designed for. Thwart abuse.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by RosevilleDisfan View Post
    Looks like the DAS is going to do exactly what it was designed for. Thwart abuse.
    Exactly.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Answer: Yes, the existence of the AP Program is the issue. As it is for all Disneyland issues.
    Including the hot weather!!!!!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Exactly.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• And Dad was my hero.

Indeed.

• And Dad was my hero.

What I really loved about reading that link is that it looks like this program, due to it's customized nature (post #8) is actually better at helping those with disabilities and ridding the program of fakes who just want their "front of the line pass"! Love it!

• Blew By You

I'm not interested in how a hypothetical hysterical person reacts to the DAS process. I want to hear how a CM will handle a duel diagnosed person, such as having cerebral palsy and autism, or a mute autistic adult, or a downs syndrome epileptic person...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I'm not interested in how a hypothetical hysterical person reacts to the DAS process. I want to hear how a CM will handle a duel diagnosed person, such as having cerebral palsy and autism, or a mute autistic adult, or a downs syndrome epileptic person...
    If you read the above link to Mouseplanet, post 8 can help you understand better.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Obviously the answer to your hypothetical question is that it will depend on what the dual diagnosed person (or whoever in the party is speaking for the person) says to the CM, and how they say it.

Ideally the City Hall, CoC and DAS Kiosk CMs will be clear and courteous in answering all questions from all disabled guests and the non-disabled members of their parties. Ideally, all disabled guests and the non-disabled members of their parties will be courteous and reasonable in return.

Ideally, disabled guests and non-disabled members of their parties will understand that as a business, Disney must afford their disabled guests equal and reasonable access to the entertainment products and services that they offer their non-disabled guests, but they are not obligated to offer more convenient, faster or more privileged access as compensation for a person's particular disabilities.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-12-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Obviously the answer to your hypothetical question is that it will depend on what the dual diagnosed person (or whoever in the party is speaking for the person) says to the CM, and how they say it.

Ideally the City Hall, CoC and DAS Kiosk CMs will be clear and courteous in answering all questions from all disabled guests and the non-disabled members of their parties. Ideally, all disabled guests and the non-disabled members of their parties will be courteous and reasonable in return.

Ideally, disabled guests and non-disabled members of their parties will understand that as a business, Disney must afford their disabled guests equal and reasonable access to the entertainment products and services that they offer their non-disabled guests, but they are not obligated to offer more convenient, faster or more privileged access as compensation for a person's particular disabilities.
    This^
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Guys, before this goes META again, please keep the conversation regarding how the system is working out and on topic.

If you want to talk about merits of DAS or equality, please take it elsewhere, otherwise this thread WILL get shutdown and everyone loses out on the benefits of review of DAS.

From my reading over at the DIS boards, the amount of rampant abuse is significantly stymied while still meeting expectations of most people. Most folk with disabilities have learned to plan ahead, and DAS is one of those programs which needs to do that to optimize time limits due to fatigue issues.

Suggestions gleaned so far:
    -Looks like return time once due, they will ADD another at the kiosk if the 2nd is significant...to allow for riding the first then move to the second without return to the kiosk. This needs to be verified as different from official policy.

-Engage the CM at the beginning and review limits like perseverations for readmit rides.

-DAS card can be issued at kiosk, but printers only at front at the moment, new printers coming.

As a CM, my personal experiences in the past few days have shown that most guests that were frequent users of the GAC's (AP's mainly) tend to approach the program from a very negative standpoint, but then are relatively pleased once they become acclimated.

Best advice is to approach it with an open mind.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast