Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: DAS - How is it coming? Is AP really the issue

I tried das today. I actually like it. I agree gac was better and u got to cut infront of everyone. The way I look at it is though das is fair it doesn't give u a way to get on thing faster so everyone is equal. One thing I notice is das slows down ur pace and if ur truely disabled that can be a good thing. Normally I get very out of breath and tired after a day and disney. Today I wasn't as tired and didn't feel like I was running to do a million rides in one day. My only down side was the hour wait to get the pass. The kiosks were very smooth I did try all of them. In 6 hours 12:30 to 6:15 I went on space mnt, matterhorn, its a small world, haunted mansion and new orlenes square train staion. I did wait in the regular line for monorail and mickeys toon town and main st train station. They let u also use regular fast pass which I did not use so that might of got me on another ride or two. All and all it really isn't that bad just give it a chance and u might like it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    All and all it really isn't that bad just give it a chance and u might like it.
    Thank you for the honest and helpful DAS review!

You should also try using Fastpass for a few other things you want to do; it's also a good system. As an Attractions CM, I hope your visits to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom are enjoyable. And if the DAS card helps you achieve that, then so much the better.

• When Will It Return?

So far my biggest beef with DAS is that the Tomorrowland Kiosk has apparently evicted the Pin Trading tables next to LGM Store Command, leaving exactly zero Pin Trading locations left in Disneyland.

Pins are still being sold, and CM-guest trading is still going on, but no more official guest to guest Pin Trading locations anymore.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Why the Guest Relations kiosk on New Orleans Square is staffed by an Attraction CM, Haunted Mansion, instead of a Guest Relations CM (like the others kiosks) ?

Last edited by Loc Potter; 10-15-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• Minion

That one is for wheel chairs only that want to ride mansion.. I went to that one by mistake. The das card one is by the exit of mansion by the start of smash mnt line.

• Rock Star Minion

That one is for wheel chairs only that want to ride mansion.. I went to that one by mistake. The das card one is by the exit of mansion by the start of smash mnt line.
    Is there a new Hulk overlay in Splash Mountain that I don't know about???
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

The das card one is by the exit of mansion by the start of splash mountain line.
    You mean this one :
    I found this image after some research...

Copyright : Magic Eye Disneyland Resort Pictorial Blog: Cool Day at the Disneyland Resort

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

^^Thanks for this link. It shows pictures of all the DAS kiosks....and its a great blog too!
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Minion

That one is for wheel chairs only that want to ride mansion.. I went to that one by mistake. The das card one is by the exit of mansion by the start of splash mnt line.
    Yup. We'll only run that one through Holiday. When regular Mansion comes back in January that extra wheelchair check-in will be gone.

Last edited by oo_nrb; 10-15-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Looks like DAS is a very fair system. Just because you have a disability shouldn't mean you can ride more rides than a non disabled person. We all pay the same admission fee.

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by bjmort View Post
    Looks like DAS is a very fair system. Just because you have a disability shouldn't mean you can ride more rides than a non disabled person. We all pay the same admission fee.
    Well said, and I completely agree.

• Minion

Even though I use DAS and loved the old system. I also agree the new system is fair to everyone.

The question becomes, why such a huge discrepancy between WDW and DL?

Does CA have a disproportionate amount of disabled people, or are there just more healthy people claiming to be disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Garthilk View Post
    The question becomes, why such a huge discrepancy between WDW and DL?

Does CA have a disproportionate amount of disabled people, or are there just more healthy people claiming to be disabled?
    I could be totally wrong here, but most DLR goers I know (who are locals) are aware of the GAC system, even if they don't use it. Most people I know who have planned trips to WDW didn't know the system existed unless they had someone in their party who needed assistance, in which case the system was explained to them when they arrived. WDW has less locals, more tourist as their attendance, and vice-versa on this coast, so it makes sense that the numbers here would be higher.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast