Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: DAS - How is it coming? Is AP really the issue

MY RECENT (10/18/2013) EXPERIENCE AT DISNEY RESORT ON SCOOTER (ECV):
    I visit the Diusney resort regularly almost every week by myself with a scooter and just tried with the new rules. My biggest observation is that they are sure spending way too much CM time on this. The budget must really be shot. Most attractions have little change for me except for some that now give out written return times instead of waiting in a long line. The only real change is with Star Tours, for which I had to get a fast pass and leave my scooter on the front outside and take the elevator on foot.

All in all, things worked out very well with little noticable change except for all the additional CMs

• Greetings, Program!

Got to see this morning first hand the kind of venom now being spewed at the CM's since the big overhaul. Was in City Hall to ask a general question and witnessed (in several stages) the realization on one very livid woman's face that the GAC program was no more. The more-than-polite male cast member explained that it was a new program and that he was very sorry. She went to annoyed to outraged and the last words I heard upon leaving City Hall were "I want someone ELSE to help me...someone OTHER THAN YOU!!!"

Dunno what the guest relations CM's are making nowadays but it will never be enough.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

I am taking the family the first week of Jan and my sister-in-law will be on a scooter. Long ago, when a member was in a chair, they and one other person would head up the exit line and wait for the rest of the gang to get there and then ride with them. No special passes needed. Is that still in effect, or will we need to get her a DAS?

Doug

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by sirstude View Post
    I am taking the family the first week of Jan and my sister-in-law will be on a scooter. Long ago, when a member was in a chair, they and one other person would head up the exit line and wait for the rest of the gang to get there and then ride with them. No special passes needed. Is that still in effect, or will we need to get her a DAS?

Doug
    You won't need a DAS for a wheelchair or scooter.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    You won't need a DAS for a wheelchair or scooter.

Thanks for the info
    Doug

• Disney Fan 4 Life

With a scooter or wheelchair, with any non accessible line one of two things are currently in play. For smaller rides, you simply go to the exit and board from there. For e-ticket rides or long wait rides you obtain a return time card and then return to that alternative entrance after your wait time is up. This would only be for Disneyland, because I believe all the ride lines in DCA are compliant.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345