View Poll Results: Should Fantasmic be retired?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's been going on long enough. Goodbye, Fantasmic!

18 12.95%
  • Blasphemy! Fantasmic! should never leave!

89 64.03%
  • How about a compromise, and only on weekends and holidays.

32 23.02%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: Getting Rid of Fantasmic! Yay or nay?

I've been watching Fantasmic since it first started at Disneyland. After all these years, it is still the best nighttime show in the resort. If they want different entertainment at night, bring back the night parades, or add other shows in other locations.

• formerly very helpful

I do agree that Fantasmic! Is the best show Disneyland has done, day or night. My biggest problem comes with how it affects the rest of the area. Maybe I'd classify this under "too much of a good thing."

and for that matter, don't get me started on the fireworks!

• Minion

No.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Just this guy......

I am all in favor of Fantasmic 2. There is no reason's that they can't remove some items and add new one's into the show.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I am all in favor of Fantasmic 2. There is no reason's that they can't remove some items and add new one's into the show.
    The OP didn't present a storyline for Fantasmic 2.

Let me put it to you this way.

If someone said, "Hey, let's give away the dining room table!"

Why? "Because it's old, I'm tired of it."

But they failed to realize it was the most valuable piece of furniture in the house and don't have another dining room table to take it's place.

So no, if you don't have something BETTER in mind, just like a family needs a place to eat, this is Disneyland's best live show and it's needed every night for hungry guests.

• Former Churro Jockey

As far as I know, it still get a standing ovation every single night, so Disney absolutel has to keep it. I agree 100% that I hate how crowded the west side of the park gets at night, as well as seeing the people with their blankets claiming their spot when the show doen't even start for another three hours. But it's just too good. I finally was able to take my dad (who is also a huge Disney fan and was actually there on opening day) to see it back when they were giving you free admission on your birthday. We watched the show, and the dragon wasn't working so the just kept Malificent on her perch that she raises up on and they had her flinging fireballs at Mickey and lighting the rivers of America on fire. After the show was over I thought that my dad would be bummed that the dragon wasn't there (even though he'd never seen it before, but Mickey fighting the dragon is on every poster and every t-shirt), and he looked at me and said "WOW, I see why people camp out for 3hrs before the show starts." He didn't even notice that the dragon wasn't there until I pointed it out to him. So it definitely has to stay, but I wouldn't mind if they scaled back the number of nights to just weekends and summer weekdays.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

If people (like me) camp out for 3 hours to see it, I think it should stay, and I'd *love* to see the fireworks spread out some more around the park. For those of us who don't go the park on a monthly basis, juggling Fantasmic / Fireworks / World Of Color in a one or two day trip can be strain the limits of familial bonding.

Don't ask me how I know this.

• Foolish Mortal

I voted for "C", How about a compromise, and only on weekends and holidays.

But that is just me being an selfish APH. The show is AMAZING, and I do enjoy it very much. The only gripe I have is how insanely packed the west side of the park gets around show time, and even worse when the show is done. I know, I know, just avoid the west side of the park during/after the show.

I wouldn't mind it being on weekends and holidays only, as it would limit the nightly madness around the ROA. Bbeing trapped behind a rope is no fun when the show exits (near the Mark Twain loading area), or being forced to walk over the bridge that crosses the POTC entrance when we simply just want to make a quick left and enter the POTC queue. One of the main benefits of it being nightly though is that it really does lighten the load for attraction wait times, so in that sense it is a great thing to have nightly. On the other hand, we recently rode the Mark Twain at night and wow was that awesome!!! I'm not sure why Fantasmic wasn't going on, but I certainly didn't miss it and really enjoyed riding the Mark Twain around the ROA at night, it really is an entirely different experience!

Don't get rid of it, it is a fantastic show. There are few things Disney can do that can top that show.

• I'm from Canada eh!

It is a great use of that area, with little impact on the surrounding rides (looking at you WOC). I vote to keep it.

•   
    • Minion

IMO this show in DLR no where else really reminds me about how special it can be. They use the natural enviroment to tell a story and it works wonderfully.Each time it shows there are a lot of crowds so it's definetly not stale. I love watching ti as much as I did the first time I saw it. When I watch WOC which has probably only been 6 times maybe it just doesn't have the magic Fantasmic does. Also though Fantasmic at WdW just isn't the same to me. The way they pull it off here is truely magical IMO.

•   
    • Minion

The thing is, there's already a compromise - Fantasmic doesn't play during the week, at least right now/on the nights when the park closes at 8.

I like Fantasmic a lot, and I think it's the best show they have at Disney. I just there was a way to make traffic on that side of the park easier to manage during and after the show. If they had even one more path of egress it would make things a lot easier.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Keep it, an amazing show that still wows after all these years!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Singing Drinker

The "bad for business but good for me" answer is get rid of it and allow the ROA to resume it's lost-except-refurb use for night time rides on the Columbia and Twain. Heck, rig up TSI with better lighting and let that go open/close ops.

I'm not a fan of the show. I haven't been able to force myself to sit through even waiting for it to get a decent location in years (possibly over ten) and will only pause to watch if the Columbia's out on it's run.

That being said, the part of me that respects what it takes to operate a theme park says it needs to stay, or at least needs to be replaced by something with as much draw if it were to go. Two decades worth of Disneyland crowd science and land design are based around Fantasmic pairing with the fireworks on crowded nights, and there are enough people who aren't me who love this kind of thing that it'd be a blow to the parks to lose it.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• World of Color

Disney should put a showpass system like how World of Color do it. Get a fastpass in the morning or in the afternoon and come back an hour before the show starts. It would clear the walkway alongside the ROA.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast