View Poll Results: Should Fantasmic be retired?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's been going on long enough. Goodbye, Fantasmic!

18 12.95%
  • Blasphemy! Fantasmic! should never leave!

89 64.03%
  • How about a compromise, and only on weekends and holidays.

32 23.02%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Getting Rid of Fantasmic! Yay or nay?

I'm rallying a mob with pitchforks and torches as we speak.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Golden State of Mind

To the crowd issue of that is apparently created by the show. I have always thought the "yellow" CMs etc. have controlled traffic flow in an efficient way.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    To the crowd issue of that is apparently created by the show. I have always thought the "yellow" CMs etc. have controlled traffic flow in an efficient way.
    I agree 100%, I think that they are the best guest control CM's in the park. That usually goes back to management. One thing I notice is that frequently you see the Fantasmic leads out in the park doing guest control as well, something that I seriously doubt is in their job description. I noticed this big time when I was there for the madhouse on Friday the 13th last month.

Question, does anyone know whether people hire in to guest control, or whether it's strictly an extra thing that CM's do on top of their normal jobs in the park? I know that when I worked there, attraction CM's would pick up additional shifts on guest control, but I never knew if every guest control CM was an attractions CM doing guest control, or if there were a core group of guest control CM's and attraction CM's could suppliment them during the busier nights.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    When are these times? I never seem to hit it.
    You must go during summer. It hasn't been playing during the week for a while now, just weekends. It says on the disneyland calendar when it's running, I know they only post a month or two at a time on the site but you can see at least for the next month usually when it'll be running or not.

• formerly very helpful

On a similar note, since everyone is in agreement that the crowds are ridiculous around Fantasmic, who can mention some better ideas for improving the crowd situation?

• Former Churro Jockey

Really a reservation system like WOC is the only thing they can do. Of course, then people will complain that they have to plan out their day too much and that the park wasn't meant to be enjoyed that way. I have suggested in the past that they not allow people to line up to view the show more than an hour in advance, but that might be a bit unrealistic.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Disneyland AP

For starters, it's yea, which is old English for "Yes". Not yay, which is a word to express excitement.

As for the topic at hand, while I love seeing New Orleans at night, I think that the solution is actually to do the show earlier. right now it takes up so much room because the first one isn't until 9something. In the fall, it could start as early as 6 o'clock, and be done with both shows by 8, giving plenty of time to still enjoy the calm evening river. I wouldn't mind it if they spruced up the show a bit. The last update was a disaster with a no-show Dragon and eels that they won't repair.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I know I may get lynched for this.

But I'm through with Fantasmic! I know the chances of this happening are more remote than the return of the original People Mover, but personally I think it has run its course. (Other than the plethora of people who jam around the Rivers of America every night). As great a show as it is, I think it has been going on long enough, and creates too big of a crowd issue for the entire West side of the park.

No, I haven't heard even a rumor about this. It's just my idea. But what would people think if they retired this show?

Please don't hurt me for even mentioning it!
    Haven't read the whole thread, but here's my input.

Getting rid of F! would be, what's the word?...stupid. The crowds are ALWAYS huge just to see it. Getting rid of it wouldn't put Disneyland out of business, but it would a PR nightmare IMO. Look what happened when they took the Main Street Electrical Parade. I think F! is an amazing show. Living in NorCal, I only get to see it once a year or two. Now for those who live in SoCal and visit the park all the time, yea it might get old after awhile. Solution, don't watch it then or go in that area of the park when it's on. I see you live in SoCal, so that maybe so.

Now, could they improve F!? Yes. The fountains could really use updating. After WoC debuted, F! fountains just aged so much. Now it might be cool if they went Star Tours in that each show was different and had different outcomes. Heck, maybe Mickey's imagination may not be bright enough and powerful to defeat those evil forces that invade his dream and evil wins. Murphy comes up and eats the mouse like the T Rex in Jurassic park! Ok that be a bit much, but you get the idea.

I'm all for improving it, but getting rid of it completely is just a no IMO. I'm even for replacing it with a better show that's similar. Not a WoC type show since that's a water show and a different beast all together.

But to each his/her own.

• formerly very helpful

First, just to clear up what might be some misconceptions, just because a person lives in SoCal, it doesn't mean we get to Disneyland all that often. Unfortunately, current finances have kept me and my family Disneyless for a while now. But that's neither here nor there. Honestly, my own personal "issues" with Fantasmic have entirely to do with the crowd situation and how, IMHO, it adversely affects the entire West side of the park. The strange thing is, I love Fantasmic, and think its the best live show to ever be put in a Disney park. Ever. Truth be told, I know they would never get rid of it since its incredibly popular,even after all these years, which speaks to how good it is.
    One last thought for now, can you imagine the complaints about children's nightmares if Mickey did get eaten!? Lol

• Hooterville, USA

Just remember "Light Tragic".

That is all.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• formerly very helpful

Druggas, you just made me cringe.

• Hooterville, USA

When something is so good that everyone wants to see it, just plus it. When Disney tells us that they are replacing an Icon with something even better, be ready to riot! They're track record isn't very good.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   

I was thinking why can Disney built a stage like the one from WDW backstage of the pooh ride n then move fantasmic there.

• The doctor is in

No. Fantasmic is the best show Disney has.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    No. Fantasmic is the best show Disney has.
    I totally agree.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast