View Poll Results: Should Fantasmic be retired?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's been going on long enough. Goodbye, Fantasmic!

18 12.95%
  • Blasphemy! Fantasmic! should never leave!

89 64.03%
  • How about a compromise, and only on weekends and holidays.

32 23.02%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Getting Rid of Fantasmic! Yay or nay?

No way its the best show Disney has ever created (followed very closely by Remember Dreams Come True Fireworks)

I can deal with the extra crowds for a few hour...at least its not as bad as the parades...those are ON main street besides the monorail there is no way to by bass those crowds...

If you want to see the rivers of America calm go after the shows in the summer or during the off season

• formerly very helpful

Actually, Main Street gets pretty darn bad with all those crowds waiting for the fireworks. But I guess that's another thread.

i think it's gotten kind of outdated over the years (the opening theme is overbearingly "90's" feeling) but at this point getting rid of it seems out of the question. it's become imbued in Disney Park culture, imo.

As much as I want to say it should never leave, it isn't getting old exactly, but more tired. I grew up with it and I would love to see it continue for many more years, but maybe switch it up a little. It's gotten to the point where I hardly stop to watch anymore. I think adding a new show and switching them out every so often would be great. But only if the other one is just as good

Let me think of it. NO. this show is purely a classic in the resorts history of shows and if they want to. then add new things, more time equals value but NO on this.

Yea... I'm back...
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Question, does anyone know whether people hire in to guest control, or whether it's strictly an extra thing that CM's do on top of their normal jobs in the park? I know that when I worked there, attraction CM's would pick up additional shifts on guest control, but I never knew if every guest control CM was an attractions CM doing guest control, or if there were a core group of guest control CM's and attraction CM's could suppliment them during the busier nights.
    GC is almost always pulled from other departments: attractions, stores, and transportation, usually.

• Dead men tell no tales.

I would never want to see it go, but I'm not opposed to it having a few scenes added to it.

I voted never simply because F! utilizes ALL aspects of the area it has at its disposal. The water, the ships, the island, the rafts. To reuse all that would be too little a change...and to use any less would be a disappointment.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

It's pretty much the last of the nigttime spectaculars, well, except for the more traditional evening fireworks.

And as someone also said, it utilizes all sorts of different aspects to bring together one story.

I kind of miss the old days in 1993, when there was soo much going on in the evenings.

Back in 1993, you had Fantasmic, The Electrical Parade, the Fireworks, and even the Beauty and the Beast stage show in Videopolis.

I just wish they would find a way to reincorporate Ursula into her scene. I miss the absence of her floating along the waterfront.
    The list of Disney people I've encountered in my life: John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Lee Unkrich, Darla K Anderson, Eric Goldberg, Don Hahn, Peter Schneider, Burney Mattinson, John Musker, Ron Clements, Nik Ranieri, John Kahrs, Jeff Turley, Patrick Osbourne, Dave Bossert, Roy P Disney.

People I would love to meet in person: Glen Keane, Andreas Deja.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

So 88% say operate Fantasmic as they now do...

• formerly very helpful

Of course, if Disney did exactly what most of the people wanted, instead of what a couple of execs in the board room want, it wouldn't be the same as it is now.

why closing?the show looks amazing.it's really the disney quallity it deserves.people will miss it too when it leaves.

• formerly very helpful

Just to clarify, I've not heard ANYWHERE about them closing Fantasmic. I admit I personally wouldn't mind seeing it go, as I find the crowds as a result a huge negative impact on my own Disneyland experience. But If anyone upstairs is actually considering this, I have no knowledge of it.

It depends on if and what they replace it with.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• Rock Star Minion

It really should be updated every year with new floats for new movies (cross-promotion). Got all those Marvel characters now. Got Muppets.

I haven't seen it in over 10 years. We go to the park early, and peter out at about 6PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast