View Poll Results: Should Fantasmic be retired?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's been going on long enough. Goodbye, Fantasmic!

18 12.95%
  • Blasphemy! Fantasmic! should never leave!

89 64.03%
  • How about a compromise, and only on weekends and holidays.

32 23.02%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• formerly very helpful

Getting Rid of Fantasmic! Yay or nay?

I know I may get lynched for this. But I'm through with Fantasmic! I know the chances of this happening are more remote than the return of the original People Mover, but personally I think it has run its course. (Other than the plethora of people who jam around the Rivers of America every night). As great a show as it is, I think it has been going on long enough, and creates too big of a crowd issue for the entire West side of the park.

No, I haven't heard even a rumor about this. It's just my idea. But what would people think if they retired this show?

Please don't hurt me for even mentioning it!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Getting Rid of Fantasmic! Yay or nay?

Nay! That would be pointless. It's the best thing Disney has to offer in Anaheim. Why in the world would they pull the plug on the one thing that works?

Red Face Re: Getting Rid of Fantasmic! Yay or nay?

I kind of agree that its getting old, I have nothing against it, but it would be nice to see what else Disney can think up. They could maybe have another show they run every other night.
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

• Special Agent

No reason why a new show couldn't carry the Fantasmic banner and utilize the same theme and music.

Update the lights, the characters and tweak the story a bit and it could go on another 20 years.

I'm not too concerned about the amount of shows either. There are plenty of times during the year where you can enjoy a nice quiet river without Fantasmic.

• formerly very helpful

When are these times? I never seem to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by SultrySiren View Post
    I kind of agree that its getting old, I have nothing against it, but it would be nice to see what else Disney can think up. They could maybe have another show they run every other night.
    That's what i thought about the Fantasy Land Theater/princess meet & greet, and they gave us Mickey and the Magical Map, nice, but more Bleh.
    Tink happy thoughts!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    No reason why a new show couldn't carry the Fantasmic banner and utilize the same theme and music.
    Just look at the offerings of Paradise Pier and you'll see they never hit on all cylinders like that ever again.

• Seeker of Fun

I think it's just too strong of a show to remove. There's room for changes/additions, but the removal of the show would not be good.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

The show itself may change or update or morph into something entirely different. However there's no way that there won't be some sort of nighttime spectacular on the Rivers of America for the foreseeable future. The infrastructure of Fantasmic! is far too big of an investment for the company (which all recently got updated, too), and not to mention a permanent part of the aesthetic of the westside architecture (three giant light towers under the walkways, 2 light towers and a dragon pit on the island, 2 control booths on the mainland, multiple speakers and other electrical setups...). If not Fantasmic!, I'm sure another nighttime spectacular on the river would take its place.

That being said, I voted to keep Fantasmic!, cause it's amazing
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Minion

If Disney was the same company it used to be, I'd say "Sure" because I'd have confidence that whatever went in Fantasmic!'s place would be equally amazing, if not more so. I don't have that confidence anymore. The latest entertainment ventures have been underwhelming, and I have no reason to believe that any new show they'd come up with for RoA would be worth losing Fantasmic! over.

• keh!

I love Fantasmic!, and it's always a joy to watch... but I think they should replace it with a better show. I love that they incorporate water, lasers, fireworks, and characters, and there should be something that utilizes all those and more. A new story, new effects, new segments, new music, and new elements. I'm sure if they tried really hard (heart races at the unlikelihood), they can top Fantasmic!.

• Minion

Update it, but don't remove it entirely. Incorporating Doctor Facilier and maybe replacing the music of the Bald Mountain scene with something similar to the disused World of Color recording comes to mind.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• formerly very helpful

Well, I guess I'm not really surprised with how the poll is going so far, but still...

MSEP left and was replaced by ... nothing, really. We'd take it back in a heartbeat and never let it go again, wouldn't we?

I also think that the average Disney-goer who sees it once a year or less would miss it. I heard a grown man say "That was worth the price of the ticket" after Fantasmic ended.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    If Disney was the same company it used to be, I'd say "Sure" because I'd have confidence that whatever went in Fantasmic!'s place would be equally amazing, if not more so. I don't have that confidence anymore. The latest entertainment ventures have been underwhelming, and I have no reason to believe that any new show they'd come up with for RoA would be worth losing Fantasmic! over.
    Same here unfortunately. Also, you guys have the best version of the show. I dunno why you would even consider getting rid of it.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast