Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   
    • Minion

Re: Oh, no! Not the ewoks!!

I don't mind the Ewoks but not in TL. I love Star Wars a lot I just hope whatever they do comes out alright.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well...I kinda can't like the Ewoks...since they were made because of the fact that in the original script the final battle was on the Wookie home planet..but they didn't have the bug get for 1,000 of wookie warriors fighting...so they made the cute and cheap Ewoks

Instead of an amazing batter of warriors...we get little teddy bears that can barley hold there own

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Dont think I could get my girlfriend to leave the area if there were Ewoks around.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Some of those booby traps were more than likely already set up as a defense of their village. If not, then it's a movie and not meant to be taken quite so literally. The only one that appears specifically tailored to the AT-ST Walker is the two logs swinging down and hitting it. Considering that their village is built entirely of logs, they probably have a pile of them sitting around for repairs. Taking two of them and hoisting them up a tree would probably be the work of an hour or so.

Sun Tzu would disagree with you about the Ewoks not being able to take out the Stormtroopers. The element of surprise is formidable in battle, as is having the enemy completely disregard you and underestimate you. Pride in one's own fighting force has been deadly to many armies over the millennia. This is why no bombs were dropped on their village before hand. Dropping one during the battle wouldn't have made any sense as their was no clear and separate Ewok "position." The forces were entangled quite significantly and the bombing of Ewoks would have been the bombing of Imperial forces as well. Not to mention proximity to the shield generator and the risk of causing damage to it.
    Man, I love the little furry revolutionaries. I get the sense and feeling of pride watching them hand it to the Empire, same as the first initial ambush by Benjamin Martin and his kids in The Patriot.

As far as Star Wars coming to Tomorrowland in a bigger way, I'd love to see a Cantina-theme restaurant. I won't be able to give them my money fast enough to sit at the bar and drink some kind of bright blue drink (blue raspberry?).

• Planning my next trip

Quote Originally Posted by Wall to Wall Creep View Post
    Man, I love the little furry revolutionaries. I get the sense and feeling of pride watching them hand it to the Empire, same as the first initial ambush by Benjamin Martin and his kids in The Patriot.

As far as Star Wars coming to Tomorrowland in a bigger way, I'd love to see a Cantina-theme restaurant. I won't be able to give them my money fast enough to sit at the bar and drink some kind of bright blue drink (blue raspberry?).
    It's all fun and games until some big ugly comes up to you and says "He doesn't like you."

I hear Harrison Ford hated them too. IN an interview he said he thought they were stupid. I never cared for them either, however kids love them. Jedi was my least favorite of the 3, I never liked Jaba's Palace.
    Janette

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well...I kinda can't like the Ewoks...since they were made because of the fact that in the original script the final battle was on the Wookie home planet..but they didn't have the bug get for 1,000 of wookie warriors fighting...so they made the cute and cheap Ewoks

Instead of an amazing batter of warriors...we get little teddy bears that can barley hold there own
    In the extended universe ie Books which I believe the next set of movies will be taken from, Wookies will play a huge part of the story.
    Janette

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I'll take ewoks any day over Jar Jar
    Preach it brother!! I HATE HATE HATE Jar Jar
    Janette

I bet it will be sooner than that. The new enhancements to the monorail track above the old boat ride makes me think that maybe an Ewok glen is coming. I bet they still have the Gummy Bear cutouts.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by willdoo View Post
    I bet it will be sooner than that. The new enhancements to the monorail track above the old boat ride makes me think that maybe an Ewok glen is coming. I bet they still have the Gummy Bear cutouts.
    To save money on animationics Disney could hire on a score or more Chow Chows ...

Ewok, my chow-chow puppy, playing - YouTube
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

A whole parade of them wearing Mickey ears

They could hire little people to be Ewoks. Universal does it for their Minions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    They could hire little people to be Ewoks. Universal does it for their Minions.
    Disney World does it for their Star Wars weekends

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234