Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Non-Minion

Re: The Zombie Apocalypse is here! Anyone with experience with texting zombies on rid

I'm not saying that it ruins my trip or that no phones should ever be used, it just saddens me in general, not just at DLR, that we as a society have become consumed and tied to a device the can take away from the beauty that is sitting right in front of you. Don't get me wrong though, my family and I still have a great time at the parks and love every min we're there.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Re: The Zombie Apocalypse is here! Anyone with experience with texting zombies on rid

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I have never understood why it bother people so much. What's the difference between reading a book, taking pictures with a camera which is a electronics device, using a cell phone, a radio or anything else for that matter. Should we outlaw everything? I myself use my cell phone for a lot of things in life (Take pictures, read books, look up something I can't remmeber, call my GF, text a friend look up the weather). It is the way it is and i don't think it should really interfere with someone else life one bit what i do in the park. How one person enjoys life is different than the other. Just because people or me in this case use their devices at disneyland doesn't mean they aren't enjoying the atmosphere. Just my opinion.
    Yeaaaaah buuuuuuut, when you go somewhere "special" like disneyland that is not your home to experience something should you be walking around and going on rides and the WHOLE time your staring down into your phone and texting instead of actually looking around at your surroundings???

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    I'm not saying that it ruins my trip or that no phones should ever be used, it just saddens me in general, not just at DLR, that we as a society have become consumed and tied to a device the can take away from the beauty that is sitting right in front of you. Don't get me wrong though, my family and I still have a great time at the parks and love every min we're there.
    It becomes a problem tho for others when say your on the boat in pirates and people in front of you are texting with their phones light in your face or in the mansion in the stretch room and it goes dark but ooops its not dark there are phone lights on in your face and your going thru the dark corridors but the yahoos in the buggy next to you have their faces all lit up by their phones.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Yeaaaaah buuuuuuut, when you go somewhere "special" like disneyland that is not your home to experience something should you be walking around and going on rides and the WHOLE time your staring down into your phone and texting instead of actually looking around at your surroundings???
    Hmmm how would you know how I like to enjoy Disneyland? To answer your question I should do whatever makes me happy and enjoy the park and I do that every time I go. Even with my cell phone I manage to notice my surroundings and enjoy it. I enjoy it when I take over 1000 photos and post my favorites here. I enjoy going there and just sitting on a bench sometimes. Whatever strikes me honestly. When I see others at the park I see happy people and that makes me happy regardless if they are staring at a device or not.

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

I use my phone all the time at the parks. No not while on the ride that would make waiting for the ride kind of pointless. However it is almost essential for me, as it is my clock (I don't have a watch). I use it as a tool while I'm there to get the most out of my day. I can check wait times and the current time to ensure I am fully taking advantage of the FP system, getting the most useful one as soon as I can. I use it as communication as almost every trip to Disneyland has been as a group of four, and we often separate into groups of two.

Oh and it can also help pass the time in some of those longer lines. That and sticks.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

I find myself stuck behind my camera a lot. I don't like it but I'd hate not to keep those memories.

• Gold Prospector

I've seen people on their phones on Indy. One time a teenage girl dropped her phone on the track. You just waited in line for 45 minutes plus and you can't put your phone away for a couple of minutes? I have a friend in ops and he said they find phones on attractions all the time. Some have been demolished. So yes while in line use your phone but everything else be present and enjoy the parks you just dropped a small fortune on. I think a smart phone is a great invention but we are having to rely on it day after day. This is a rambling mess but I hope you got the gist.

• Gold Prospector

What would Walt do?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder1 View Post
    What would Walt do?
    They are probably going to have to start telling people like they have to in theaters to not use your phone during attractions, they could use safety as an excuse, if your not looking where you going you could get hurt and if your phone goes flying out of your hand it could hit someone! :-)

— Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12