Thread: Goofy's Kitchen

Goofy's Kitchen

I've never been to it before and was thinking of finally trying it out with our son. I was wondering what it was like. From the menu it reminds me of Storyteller's but with characters walking around. Is that right? What were some of your experiences?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Goofy's Kitchen

I've never been to any other character meal so I can't compare. Goofy's was the first I ever did and every once in a great while I'll re-visit. It's changed locations through the years but still maintains that same fun atmosphere. You get a more classic blend of characters here. The fab five, some princesses and others if I remember right. Some of them wear chefs hats and aprons. It's such fun!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Went twice last year on our trip. It was really fun. The food is really good and the characters all wander around visiting the tables. At first I thought it would get annoying, but they come every 5-8 minutes or so, which means you still have time to actually eat.

• Former Churro Jockey

I haven't tried it either, but I know a lot of people who love it.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Mischievous Mouse

We have gone there twice over the years, really great for kids up to 8 or 9. (imo)
    Pretty memorable. I recommend it

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Selfie Expert

I went on my last trip and LOVED it! My husband and I were never interested in character meals since we don't yet have children, but we spontaneously decided to try it. I posted photos of the characters and food on my most recent TR.

Club 33, 1901, and Dapper Day - Sept 5th & 6th

The Goofy's Kitchen portion is on Page 6.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Hooterville, USA

The character breakfast at Plaza Inn is very good.

I am Druggas and I approve of this post.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

We love Goofy's kitchen and we don't have kids! We eat breakfast there once every trip!! The french toast is to die for!!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

It is a big expensive buffet where a few characters wander around for meets and greets. The food is ok, but most aren't going for themselves, rather their kids.
    Kids will love it. My four year old and eight year old still talk of all the neat things they got to eat there and that was two years ago.

It is good for at least a once in your life.

• Queen Elsa

I haven't been there for I believe two years now and like others have said they do have good food. When I went I always when for there Samon fish and mash potatoes. Plus others stuff. When I did it I would get inbetween 5 and 7 characters. Before they change the table they use to have a big sheet of paper there where the characters would sign there autographs on it but they don't do that anymore. Some of the characters that I got where Goofy himself of chourse,Pluto,Minnie,Chip,Dale,Snow White,Belle in her blue dress,Princess Aurora,Jasmine,Capt. Hook,Geppetto,Peter Pan,Mulan,Max. I believe that was about it of differnt characters I had from the times I had been doing it. But like I said it is a very good place to have food. Price maybe high but what isn't anymore at DLand.

• Disney Mom

My kids love it! We last went 2 years ago and my oldest (7 yo) talks about the peanut butter and jelly pizza all the time. When I told him we might eat there when we go in January, he yelled "YES! I get to have the peanut butter pizza again!"
    Disneyland: '76, '77, Jun '84, Dec '87, Dec '88, Apr '97, Nov' 00, Dec '06, Dec '07, Apr '09 and Dec '09, Oct '10, Dec '11, Oct '12, Jan '14
    Disney World: Mar '04 and May '13

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by jeannie527 View Post
    My kids love it! We last went 2 years ago and my oldest (7 yo) talks about the peanut butter and jelly pizza all the time. When I told him we might eat there when we go in January, he yelled "YES! I get to have the peanut butter pizza again!"
    Belle try to get me to have that peanut butter and jelly pizza one time when I was there and I wouldn't do it. To me it doesn't sound good.

I think it is the best character dining experience in terms of the amount of characters that you meet. Last year we did both breakfasts (Goofy and Plaza) and were far happier with the Goofys Kitchen. Should be perfect or a boy. Now my daughter prefers Aerials Grotto, wonder why...

The place is truly kid friendly with the occasional dance along with the characters. I wouldn't expect too much out of the food as it is a buffet. The characters are extremely friendly and will interact with you (unless it's a spoiled princess, that only cares about pictures), and character meet and greets are your thing. As I said before, if you have a kid GO FOR IT. Otherwise I would only go if you like to be around characters.