• Disneyland 19 year APH

DCA Getting Christmas Festival @ Paradise Gardens

From Disney Park Blog:

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Okay so it’s still Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, but behind the scenes, the Creative Entertainment team is already hard at work getting ready to deck the halls for the holidays. And this year, they’re bringing something new to Disney California Adventure park that’s sure to be fantástico – Disney ˇViva Navidad!

Disney ˇViva Navidad! will bring the Paradise Gardens area of the park to life with festive music, vibrant colors, jubilant dancing, character appearances, delicious food and fun activities for the whole family.

Several times each day, a high-energy street party takes over Paradise Gardens, led by the “Three Caballeros” – Donald Duck and his life-long amigos Panchito Pistoles from Mexico and Jose Carioca from Brazil. The infectious mix of Mariachi and Samba musicians, folklórico and carnaval dancers, 12-foot-tall mojiganga puppets and those ambassadors of holiday cheer, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, will really get the crowd going, as Santa and Mrs. Claus join in to cheer and celebrate “ˇViva Navidad!

You won’t want to miss it! Disney ˇViva Navidad! becomes part of the Holidays at Disneyland Resort on November 15 and continues through January 6, 2014, with additional Three Kings Day celebrations January 3-6.

URL: Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Brings a Festive Celebration to Disney California Adventure Park « Disney Parks Blog
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Re: DCA Getting Christmas Festival @ Paradise Gardens

That sounds really fun! I won't make it this year, but I hope they do it again next year.

That will be awsome! This year will be our first visit to Disney during the Christmas season and all my little bandito's (actually most are full grown now...and bigger than me....) will love it.

• -

This sounds horrible. I think I'll pass.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Mouseke-Awesome

This sounds fun!!! I'm planning a visit that next week, can't wait to see how it all comes together!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sounds good to me

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Ah my husband loves anything Donald, I am sure this is a visit in our future when we visit the resort this Christmastime!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Singing Drinker

Am I getting the location wrong here? Isn't this Feliz Navidad coming to where the *Greek* restaurant is located?

Not saying there's anything wrong per se, just amused. Opa Navidad!
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

ehh Ill skip this. gladly. I see enough of that in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    This sounds horrible. I think I'll pass.
    agreed

Sounds fun! It will be great to see more of the Three Caballeros.

• Minion

ORDDU: I wouldn't want this to be a permanent thing for DCA at Christmas time but it sounds fine if they do it for just this one season. Next year they will, hopefully, have a whole new Christmas theme for this area of DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Am I getting the location wrong here? Isn't this Feliz Navidad coming to where the *Greek* restaurant is located?

Not saying there's anything wrong per se, just amused. Opa Navidad!
    Yeah where exactly will this take place? At the bandstand by Paradise Garden Grill?

Sounds good to me. I'm curious what those who hate this idea would suggest for some fun Christmas entertainment.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    Yeah where exactly will this take place? At the bandstand by Paradise Garden Grill?

Sounds good to me. I'm curious what those who hate this idea would suggest for some fun Christmas entertainment.
    I'm really OK with the non-Christmas bands they've had playing there on rotation for most of the year.

Then again, I'm really OK with one of the parks not going Christmas overlay as I'm very much not a Christmas person and it gets REALLY REALLY IRRITATING after a few weeks of having it ground into your face in every location, on every channel and such.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I'm really OK with the non-Christmas bands they've had playing there on rotation for most of the year.

Then again, I'm really OK with one of the parks not going Christmas overlay as I'm very much not a Christmas person and it gets REALLY REALLY IRRITATING after a few weeks of having it ground into your face in every location, on every channel and such.
    I agree. A few years ago I would have said that I just can't get enough of the holiday spirit. But it feels more and more to me that its too much about the almighty dollar and not "good will towards men"... and women of course.

So some non-xmassy spots in the park is fine with me. When I want a holiday fix I'll be sure and find plenty.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?