Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• An actors life for me

California Screamin'

Okay so i went on California Screamin' yesterday and, to my suprise, the music was actually working so it got me in a good mood...so we were sitting there about to take off and as soon as we take off, the restraint decides to unlock!!! DIFHSOFJ! OMG i was scared! i was freaking out on the ride....i quickly held the restraint as close to me as hard as i could, and as soon as we went down the first drop, it locked back in place..I was so frigtened i was holding on to dear life trying to hold myself down by not using the restraint just in case it released again id have to hold myself down in the seat. So we go through the whole ride and it returns back to the loading station...and they do NOTHING! We get off and the next bunch of people go on! In my head I was all "WTF?!?! THats dangerous!!!" Maybe i was being a little overdramatic but i mean come on! ...Lets just say it took some nerve to get me back on that ride when my friends wanted to go on later that day....jeeze.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: California Screamin'

Did you at least tell them what happened? That doesn't sound good at all. How frightening!!

• Banned User

wohoooooo I would be so scared ( like you) and I would be running to main street or some place where some one would be listening!! man thats so scary!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Wow. I hope you told somebody about it... Maybe it didnt show up on their monitors or whatever the it unlocked.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Basking in birthday love

Yeah, if you didn't tell them that it happened, I'm not surprised that they just sent it back out again. They can't tell at the station (unless I'm very much mistaken) if someone's restraint has come undone mid-ride, the restraint indicators are only for the cars in the station. If you didn't say something, they really have no way of knowing. Had you alerted the CMs, I'm sure they would have pulled that train off the track and checked it out.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• ...TWO BITS!

A friend of mine said his lap bar unlocked on Peter Pan's Flight. So he was hanging on to the ship trying not to fall off. He didn't report it either.

I would think it's common sense to report restraints malfunctions.

But yeah, you should have told the CM at the station. Otherwise, you tell DLR now, they might not believe you. They might think you're trying to get something for nothing.

Glad you're okay though. I would be freakin' out too if my restraints unlocked like that! I had a hard enough time trying to face my fear of roller-coasters that go upside down.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

You poor thing!!! Good LORD! I'd be too traumatized to go on that ride again had it happened to me!

You need to let them know about it if you haven't already. That's a serious malfunction, you could have been killed! Way too serious to not say anything...what if it happens again? The next person might not be so lucky...

Yes, I think you need to answerthis question for us. Please tell us you did the right thing and told the Cast Members about it. Granted, they may have shut down the entire attraction, but it's better than having someone fly out of their seat. Please tell you had enough common sense to tell someone, otherwise, that same train may be running as we speaks with a possible defective restraint.

• Closed Account

Well, now I am definitely NOT going on Screamin'

• Having a Grand Day!

Well, if he didn't tell them, they know about it now.

• The Candidate

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that there is a fail-safe mechanism? Therefore, if one part of the harness failed, the other would kick in. Maybe it seemed loose, but wouldn't have opened all of the way?

• Minion

That sounds terrifying! I'm curious though- did it unlock completely (like the restraint would have gone above your head?)

• An actors life for me

To answer evryones question, yes, i did tell the CM at the station about it. He asked if i was sure that id had happened i said yes. and said he'd tell someone but he also told me that sometimes when you push up on the restraint alot its goes to a higher locking level. Needless to say, i was speechless when he loaded the next passengers on the car. I was also woried for the lady who was taking my seat.... and to answer grvtydefy's question it appeared as though it was going to go up all the way. I didnt let it get that far cause i was scared for my life, so i quickly pulled it back down as tight as i could.

Why does my life have to follow in the path of Final Destination 3??? I hope i wasnt suppose to die and now death is after me.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• That one girl.

I used to work at a roller coaster and sometimes the locking mechanism is inbetween latches, so to speak. It may have just been it got pushed to a looser notch, then when you pulled it tight, it locked back into the tighter notch.
    also, did you have somebody sitting next to you? sometimes the latches are connected. I mean the lever to unlock the latches are connected and both seats unlock at the same time. If yours had come completely unlatched, the person next you would have done so too.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Maybe my memory is against me, but I would be willing to bet that the forces on the ride would more or less keep you in/harness down (although the airtime on the bunny hills could cause some problems), but I'd still say it's a pretty big deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast