Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Am I the only one concerned about Monstropolis?

I'm all for a Monsters Inc door coaster and a little bit of themeing around that area but I know I'm in the minority. (I will also say this comes from someone who isn't a huge fan of DCA to begin with.)

• Minion

I agree with the OP,I really do not like this rumor at all. It has nothing to do with Hollywoodland at all besides being a movie. I hope this doesn't turn out to be true.

• The doctor is in

I would rather they replace Bug's Land with Monstropolis rather than overrun Hollywood Land with it.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Whenever there's a thread on anything relating to DCA, I really wonder if I'm missing something.

I thought Disney stopped having things be "California themed" at that park...and the whole "California theme" went away when the postcard letters at the entrance went away.

DCA is not "California themed" any more. As more new attractions are added, this will become even clearer. Really the focus of that park is ADVENTURE and more thrilling rides based on newer Disney properties.

The entirety of DCA is only in it's second or third year of being a real park anyway. I guarantee I will never, ever​ understand the moron to put a California themed park in Calafornia, and then expect people to pay to see fake California when real California is about 45 minutes away.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    Whenever there's a thread on anything relating to DCA, I really wonder if I'm missing something.

I thought Disney stopped having things be "California themed" at that park...and the whole "California theme" went away when the postcard letters at the entrance went away.

DCA is not "California themed" any more. As more new attractions are added, this will become even clearer. Really the focus of that park is ADVENTURE and more thrilling rides based on newer Disney properties.
    If they removed the theme, it wouldn't be called disney california adventure anymore.

• Disneyland AP

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post

Have you been to the park since they redid it? Buena Vista St is Los Angeles. Condor Flats represents the flying innovations of California. Hollywoodland is obviously California. Paradise Pier is the beach cities. Pacific Wharf is San Fran. Carsland is Route 66. Bug's Land is a little weird, but it certainly COULD be in Cali. I'm not sure what you're missing.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    If they removed the theme, it wouldn't be called disney california adventure anymore.
    I sense a renaming of the park at some point. Disney Adventure, anyone?
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Disneyland AP

There was a rumor that they would rename the park, but the revamp solidified the theme.

• U. B. Bold

There is no need to change the name. "Disney California Adventure" is ambiguous, and purposefully so. "California" can mean it's about California, but also, simply, that it's in California. Kind of like "Hong Kong Disneyland," "Disneyland Paris," etc. There's no rule saying they can't use the same naming principle with a non-castle park. When it first opened, California was indeed the theme, now, not so much. Unless California is synonymous with Pixar.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    There is no need to change the name. "Disney California Adventure" is ambiguous, and purposefully so. "California" can mean it's about California, but also, simply, that it's in California. Kind of like "Hong Kong Disneyland," "Disneyland Paris," etc. There's no rule saying they can't use the same naming principle with a non-castle park. When it first opened, California was indeed the theme, now, not so much. Unless California is synonymous with Pixar.
    The name is fine. The old theming plan was the issue. California themed park would work well in Hong Kong, maybe, but not in Cali itself. The smart thing to do was load up on E ticket clones, and yes, in this case I'm supporting cloning. Disneyland revenue is from APs, so give them top notch WDW and Tokyo attractions to get locals to not travel the world.

The entirety of DCA is only in it's second or third year of being a real park anyway. I guarantee I willnever, ever​ understand the moron to put a California themed park in Calafornia, and then expect people to pay to see fake California when real California is about 45 minutes away.
    That's pretty much been my thought since hearing about the idea. I was born and raised in SoCal but I think if I visited New York I'd think it was dumb having a New York Adventure Park too.
    Last edited by Van Hammersly; 10-12-2013 at 06:37 PM.

• Heavy Breather

You're not the only one worried about it. It is a rather odd choice for the Hollywood section of the park.

• Sock Puppet

Lets just make sure we all understand that this isn't going into an area that is themed to 1930's Hollywood. It is supposed to be a Hollywood studio backlot. I think that is how they will somehow tie it in theme wise. No facts to back that up, just my gut feeling.
    The same thing will happen as happened with CARSLAND after people saw how incredible it was, and is happening now that people are seeing the level of theming Avatarland will have. All of a sudden the vast criticism is turning around about Avatarland. I think Monstropolis will be the same situation, save a few die hards.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    Lets just make sure we all understand that this isn't going into an area that is themed to 1930's Hollywood. It is supposed to be a Hollywood studio backlot. I think that is how they will somehow tie it in theme wise. No facts to back that up, just my gut feeling.
    The same thing will happen as happened with CARSLAND after people saw how incredible it was, and is happening now that people are seeing the level of theming Avatarland will have. All of a sudden the vast criticism is turning around about Avatarland. I think Monstropolis will be the same situation, save a few die hards.
    Sorry, always a huge supporter of Cars Land, can't stand Monsters. Just because the area isn't vintage Hollywood now doesn't justify preventing the entire land from ever reaching its potential. The exact same dollars could be spent on another property, this idea that it's either monstropolis or a dead empty corner is just asinine.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast