Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fairytale Wedding!!

Hello everyone! I am very new to MiceChat but I'm loving all the info! I have always loved Disney, but living in New Mexico I haven't had the opportunity to visit Disneyland much, but for years I always swore that if I ever got married, it would be in Disney. Well, I got my dream come true and our wedding will be on October 20, 2013!

Here comes the unorthodox part:
    Some of my family that I was anticipating would attend are not able to make it. Everything was set for a certain number and everything is paid for and it seems like it would be a shame for it to go to waste. I know some of you MiceChatters meet up on Sundays, so I am extending this invitation (as curious as it may be) to come celebrate our fairytale with us! The ceremony starts in the late morning with a lunch reception, bring your friend or your spouse or your family or a fellow MiceChatter, say hello, have some lunch, dance for fun, head out early and still catch some rides. I know it sounds crazy but I'm in love and excited and I want to share it with everyone! If you love weddings or want to see how Disney does weddings or you like to share your love of Disney in every way possible or you just like to dance, message me for the details. We have room for about 15 extra people.

Micaela
    Today, 720 kids will be diagnosed with some form of childhood cancer and 250 kids who have already been fighting will lose their battle. Help Alex's Lemonade Stand fund research and support families of kids with childhood cancer. And help me run the Tinkerbell Half-Marathon in Disneyland (my FIRST half-marathon) as a member of Team Lemon!
    http://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/117347

• keh!

Re: Fairytale Wedding!!

People like going to weddings?

• formerly very helpful

Can't be there, but congratulations and good luck!

Talking Re: Fairytale Wedding!!

It sounds lovely, and what a nice thing to do! I'll see if I can be there!
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

Some people do like weddings. I think they're fun!
    Thank you for the well wishes!
    Just let me know if you can make it and I'll let you know the details! Bring friends if you want to!

• Production Designer

I don't know how I would feel about having complete strangers off the internet at my wedding... but that's very nice of you to offer.

• Closed Account

Welcome to the club Micaela, its a nice bragging right to have. If anybody out here isn't a jerk, totally attend. We still get people complimenting on how awesome our wedding was and that was in 2011! You'd think a wedding is a wedding but any other one we've attended since our own just can't match in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I don't know how I would feel about having complete strangers off the internet at my wedding... but that's very nice of you to offer.
    I thought quite a while about it, and I came to the decision because the majority of posts I've read here are written by people who share a love of Disney and enjoy getting together to enjoy it with others and meet new people and form new friendships. I certainly wouldn't extend an invitation like that to the general public on the internet. I watched a TV special about Disney weddings many many years ago and I was absolutely enchanted. Weddings are a special event no matter what, but this is an absolute Cinderella-Dreams-Come-True kind of thing for me. Maybe other people have been enchanted by the idea of a Disney wedding also so why not share it with them? Sometimes doing things the different way can make them a little more magical

And kkocka: Thank you! I certainly hope it will be something memorable for everyone and I'm very excited to build a life and family with traditions in Disney!
    Today, 720 kids will be diagnosed with some form of childhood cancer and 250 kids who have already been fighting will lose their battle. Help Alex's Lemonade Stand fund research and support families of kids with childhood cancer. And help me run the Tinkerbell Half-Marathon in Disneyland (my FIRST half-marathon) as a member of Team Lemon!

• "What? What?"

My wife (MissNessie) and I will be attending your wedding this Sunday! We look forward to witnessing your special day and can't wait to be there. Thanks so much for the invitation!

I lurk here a lot and never post but just have to say that my hubby and I would have loved to attend. We are also from New Mexico but we wont be there until the following weekend. Congratulations though!
    *September 1994-First visit to Disneyland* *July 2005-First visit to WDW (with a bun in the oven!)* *June 2012-Disneyland vacation (first time with my hubby and daughter)* [*Upcoming] October 2013-Anniversary trip to DLR with the hubby* [*Future Visit] July 2014-Family trip to DLR*

I think this is Amazing that you would offer this. I dont think we will be able to make it down on Sunday, but I wanted to wish you the best in your new life together.
    I sent you a PM. Please check it and let me know if you are interested.

Congratulations Micaela! That sounds amazing and it is very kind of you to offer others to be a part of a very special moment in your life.

Thank you everyone! We are so excited and I know this is going to be an amazing day! We are so grateful for the well wishes, the incredibly kind offers, and extremely excited to meet those of you who are coming to celebrate with us!

• Queen of Sarcasm

I don't think I'll be around on Sunday, but congratulations on your wedding!

• "What? What?"

Beautiful Wedding!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast