Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Post Tiny Trip Report for My Visit Yesterday

I visited the parks yesterday with a few family members, and I wanted to share some thoughts and observations. I only went on a handful of rides, unfortunately. It was really crowded yesterday.

I LOVE the new effects in Indy and Haunted Mansion Holiday. Indy as a whole was great and I've always loved Haunted Mansion Holiday. That gingerbread house sure is huge and the smell... WOW. YUMMY.

Pirates is great, as usual, though the queue could use a serious paint job. I've noticed chipped paint in other areas and queues of the park as well (especially Toontown). These problems need to be fixed.

Pinocchio's Daring Journey is still one of my favorite dark rides... But man, it needs updating. I'm hoping the rumors in regards to the dark rides receiving love for the 60th are true. Toad, Pinocchio and Alice need them the most.

Went on Soarin' Over California. The last time I went on this ride, there were a few black spots on the film and a couple of little strings. When I went on yesterday, I was really happy to see not one spot, string or any other distraction on the film. It was spotless, and the smells seemed stronger. This made me very happy. Still don't like the Planes reference in the intro videos, but I'll get over that.

I was able to witness Remember... Dreams Come True again last night. It's still the greatest firework show to ever appear in Disneyland, although I really miss the Big Thunder section. I could watch that show for the next 50 years.

We decided our last ride would be Matterhorn. Although the ride is still so much fun, and still remains one of my favorites, I'll say it again, I HATE the new sleds. I don't know what they were thinking when those sleds were approved. "Let's decrease the space in both length and width so lots of people will have their knees to their chest and feel uncomfortable." Really? Those who came up with this idea and those who approved it need to be fired.

So after Matterhorn, my sister wanted to get a keychain in Tomorrowland. After that, we decided to take the train from Tomorrowland to Main Street. That plan failed, and with nine minutes left of park time, we said to ourselves, what the heck, let's do Autopia. I must say, it was one of the best times I've had on that attraction. There was pretty much no one on the ride. It was so nice and peaceful. No bumping into each other, and my car drove very nicely. The Monorail passed over us as we drove, and it was great to see Matterhorn looming in the background. It was great and I'll be crushed if Autopia ever makes it to Yesterland's list.

In regards to Market House, I'll just say the charm is gone. It's so big inside! It looked like Magic Kingdom in Florida. It's really unfortunate.

I had a great time yesterday and I'm looking forward to my next visit. Thanks for reading!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Re: Tiny Trip Report for My Visit Yesterday

thank you for your insight jasmineray

NEVER go to Disneyland on a Saturday. It's too crowded. Pirates really does need a serious paint job in the queue I agree, it's looked the same forever, and it's kinda boring. I feel like they hardly give any attention to the dark rides in Fantasyland anymore. It sounds like you had fun though!
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SultrySiren View Post
    NEVER go to Disneyland on a Saturday. It's too crowded. Pirates really does need a serious paint job in the queue I agree, it's looked the same forever, and it's kinda boring. I feel like they hardly give any attention to the dark rides in Fantasyland anymore. It sounds like you had fun though!
    Yeah, my pass expires in six days, so I'm trying to get my fill in haha. Plus my sister came down from Redding to visit, and she really wanted to go to Disneyland. Couldn't pass that up! You're right, I had a lot of fun yesterday.

Also, is it me, or do the merchandise and food prices keep going up?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    thank you for your insight jasmineray
    Anytime.

• Foolish Mortal

Nice write up, I never go on Saturday's, but rest assured, most other days are also pretty crowded. I just renewed my pass two weeks ago, but I think after this year, my wife and I wont renew.

Regarding prices, it seems like they are slowing creeping up. My wife keeps noticing churro's are getting higher priced in .25 increments.

• Goofy

i always thought that sundays were more crowded than saturday. oh it must be columbus day on monday maybe thats why. good trip report thanks

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We found Saturdays in the summer less crowded than Sundays oddly enough.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

The food and merchandise is ever rising in price. supply and demand I guess. :/ I heard about a Disney merchandise store not far from the park that sells things for much cheaper, and you always have the option to bring your own snacks and stuff, in case you don't wanna splurge on a small bag of popcorn for $6
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

I don't have an AP, but in the 4 times we've gone in the past year and a half, we've always gone on Saturdays (have to) and only one Saturday was crazy packed, and it was Thanksgiving weekend. I'm sure the holiday weekends are part of the culprit! Thanks for the update on Soarin'! Glad to hear its in much better shape.

I am really glad they fixed the soaring screen, that was a pet peeve for me forseveral years now.

I heard that on the holidays the food prices are always raised. Is that so anyone

Thanks for the report. I go on the 18th for 4-5 days. haven't decided which yet. I guess it will depend on the weather and road reports back to Montana.

• Minion

I forgot to mention Pizza Port. It is so dated. I feel like a kid in the 90's every time I step into that restaurant. I never realized how much space it takes up until yesterday. It needs to be next on the chopping block.

• Foolish Mortal

^ Haha, Pizza Port does feel like Max's from Saved By The Bell!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    ^ Haha, Pizza Port does feel like Max's from Saved By The Bell!
    Exactly! LOL it's a portal that transports you straight to the 90's. Its got to go.

• Disneyland Dreamer

I can't believe Soarin' is still on film. While I LOVE celluloid, digital is required for these rides...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast