Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What snacks/food do you pack?

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    So when you eat your own meals in the parks do you think it's okay to take up seating in restaurants designed for paying guests?
    ...we don't do that. I doubt many people do. Most things people bring in are quick snacks that can and are eaten while waiting in line or walking through the park. Not sure why you seemingly have an issue with something like that.
    Last edited by Serendie; 10-17-2013 at 02:24 PM.

So when you eat your own meals in the parks do you think it's okay to take up seating in restaurants designed for paying guests?

Most of the ideas listed are just snacks that you can eat while your waiting in line. There's also plenty of benches to relax at.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

•   
    • Minion

Nope. I've never sat in a restaurant seat unless I've bought something from the restaurant. There are plenty of other places to sit. Anyway, something like a granola bar can just be eaten quickly as you're walking from place to place.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I guess some rules are okay to break and some rules aren't? How do people explain that to their kids? Aren't we as adults supposed to lead by example?
    Last edited by doppio; 10-19-2013 at 08:38 AM.

One time, my husband and I met our daughter and her husband at the gates. When we were standing in line for Toy Story at DCA, I brought out a little sandwich bag full of "party fodder". (It's homemade Chex Mix.) It was one of her favorite treats, and she was thrilled that I'd brought some along (with bottled water).

I didn't do that, back in July, and we really missed it.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Chief Troublemaker

I guess some rules are okay to break and some rules aren't? How do people explain that to their kids? Aren't we as adults supposed to lead by example.

Since I don't want to start a big debate on this issue (I know there was at least one other thread on rule vs what Disney was 'allowing' that ended up that way), I'll just voice my own opinion. At the present time Disney openly ALLOWS people to bring in food despite their written policy. People are NOT smuggling in food as they would have to smuggle in, say, alcohol.

Although it may be a 'rule', Disney is choosing NOT to enforce that rule right now. Children are not seeing their parents stuff food down their pants or in their bras, nor hiding food in children's backpacks telling kids 'Shhh, don't tell!'. It is openly brought in with the full knowledge of bag-check & gate CMs. Nor (I assume) are parents telling their kids 'Now kids, this is expressly against Disney's rules, but we're doing it anyway'.

As long as Disney CHOOSES NOT to enforce the rule, I see no problem. As I've said, I feel that rule is in place to allow Disney to refuse entry of food items it may consider unsafe (glass containers, maybe super messy stuff) or egregious (my aforementioned full turkey dinner with all the trimmings for 8).

If you feel that it would be improper to bring food into the parks in front of your own kids, by all means, don't do it. But allow others the leeway to do it for as long as Disney ALLOWS them to do so without unnecessary 'shaming'. We are not the Disney Parks Police, they are perfectly capable of enforcing their own rules.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

trail mix, jurky, dried frutes

• Hooterville, USA

I eat before I get there, so no need for snacks.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Silent Lucidity

A 1-day Park Hopper is $137.00. How can someone not be considered a paying guest with that admission price?

We always bring some snacks in a day-pack, along with some bottled water. Our day-pack is inspected when we enter, never a problem when they view the contents, apples, or trail mix, or beef jerky, or granola bars.

My family went to Disneyland a few weeks ago. My brother was carrying an apple through the security checkpoint and the girl checking bags mentioned to him to watch out for poisoned apples. If they were to tell us to throw our food away before entering the park, we would have. However, they never do so we will continue taking food to the park.

No, I haven't sat at the restaurants to eat my snacks that I bring in. Once when I was on main street enjoying an ice cream sundae from Gibson Girl, there were plenty of people sitting at the tables and they were clearly done with their food and some didn't appear to have eaten anything at all. They were waiting for the fireworks as they thought this would be a good place to see them. Disney wasn't shooing them away.

Just because I bring snacks doesn't mean that I don't spend money on food there. But when I'm waiting in an endless line for an attraction I'm going to snack on something I brought instead of jumping out of line to run to the churro cart (it is wrong to cut and get back into line, right?).

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bet Churros View Post
    (it is wrong to cut and get back into line, right?)
    If you're breaking one rule why should it bother you to break another?

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Nor (I assume) are parents telling their kids 'Now kids, this is expressly against Disney's rules, but we're doing it anyway'.
    Naw. It's better to deceive your children.

Naw. It's better to deceive your children.
    From Disneyland's website:
    "If you wish to bring your own food and enjoy an outdoor meal in an ideal setting, there is a complimentary Picnic Area conveniently located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park."

You are allowed to bring food. Please stop trying to start an argument or imply that those who do bring food are bad parents.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    From Disneyland's website:
    "If you wish to bring your own food and enjoy an outdoor meal in an ideal setting, there is a complimentary Picnic Area conveniently located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park."

You are allowed to bring food. Please stop trying to start an argument or imply that those who do bring food are bad parents.
    Thanks for the back-up, Kirsten. Maybe we can share a granola bar or two smuggled in to DL sometime. I just figured 'some people' are so high up there on their high horses that they can't see clearly so I wasn't going to respond.

And with that, I'm outta this thread and returning to my life's work of deceiving little children by telling them about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast