Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What snacks/food do you pack?

I thought that there was an old threat on this, but after searching a few pages back and using the search function I can't find it!

My family loves visiting the parks, but lately we've been getting tired of the offerings of snacks - I guess there's only so many churros, pumpkin fritters, ice cream sundaes, etc. one can eat. Not to mention the fact that eating these items all day makes me feel so tired and bloated at the end of the day.

What do you like packing in your bag to snack on in the parks?

By the way, thanks to the person who posted about a year ago about using crystal light in water bottles!

Re: What snacks/food do you pack?

I hear you about not wanting to eat junk food all day while at Disneyland (although, I'm always excited to eat there since it enhances the experience). I usually pack granola bars / energy bars, crackers, almonds and at least two standard sized water bottles. We're going to Disneyland in a few months so I'm already planning ahead. We'll definitely get some Disney food while we're there, but the snacks help when you're in between meals or when you're standing in long lines.

• Mouseke-Awesome

I like to take bars (Luna Bars, Think Thin Bars, etc.), fruit (usually a Banana, but eat these quickly! They could get banged up and brown if you forget about them....done that before, lol. I also like to take dried fruit too). Fruit snacks, trail mix, nuts, and I might throw in a bag of M&M's if I need a chocolate fix during the day

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

I'm on a gluten free diet so I usually have to bring my own food wherever I go. We usually pack grapes, bananas, hard boiled eggs, carrot sticks, water and juices, tortilla chips and avocado or guacamole, Reese's, and sandwiches for the rest of the family. Usually I'll get a gluten free burger from tomorrow land as well.

Trail mix, power-gel type things (though I use a different brand, can't remember what it's called), almonds...

I usually bring water in a CamelBak pack; really convenient, don't have to take it off for rides, and I can fit my DSLR in it if I want.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• formerly very helpful

Anything that can fit easily in a sandwich bag and doesn't need refrigeration is good. My wife would pack bags of trail mix, little pretzels, grapes, granola bars, string cheese (we eat that early on so it won't spoil), sliced melon.

Although, truth be told, I prefer the junk they serve at Disneyland.

Pita bread and hummus travels well and will last for several hours unrefrigerated. Veggie stix are good, but fruit works just as well for something a little sweeter. If you want something more substantial, you can make a grilled ham and cheese and eat it cold as long as you eat it within the first few hours. Also Costco has granola yogurt bites which are little balls of granola dipped in mango yogurt and are sooo gooood and doesn't need refrigeration. Flavored popcorn like cheddar or kettle corn is tasty, filling, lightweight and keeps well.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

In the past we have brought in crackers, cookies, trail bars, fruit bars, nuts, whole fruit, fruit leather, individual peanut butter packets, cut carrots and celery, jerky, nuts, trail mix, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and chex mix among other things. We usually take in water bottles and refill them all day (in fact our daughter has a little fanny pack that holds her water bottle and snack so she has both available to her at any time). We try to eat breakfast in the hotel either brought by us or offered by the hotel. On days we don't want to leave the park, we snack through the day with what we have brought and then eat a fairly large meal say around 4 to 5 pm. We do usually buy our daughter a kids meal lunch, cause she does better with a meal, while we can do fine with snacks.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• The doctor is in

I have found granola bars to be my go-to snack to bring with me. Last time I visited I bought a box of peanut butter Clif Bars and packed them in my suitcase. I put one in my pocket each day I went to the parks and I found it to be a great mid-morning snack before I was ready for lunch.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Evil is Sexy

A filtered water bottle, small bags of nuts, carrots, apples, candied ginger, nut n fruit bars and one small bottle of caffinated cola - just in case I get a "withdrawal headache." Addiction to caffine is my one main failing. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   
    • Minion

I usually have a water bottle (starts out with ice water, and is refilled throughout the day), a small bottle of soda, some granola bars and trail mix, and a piece of fruit or two. I learned the hard way about taking bananas and how badly they can get squished, so now I take pears or apples.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

The only thing I pack is an ice cold water bottle and a pack of minty gum. I splurge on junk food when I'm in the parks, lol.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

We don't bring food into the parks. It's not allowed.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    We don't bring food into the parks. It's not allowed.
    If it truly wasn't allowed the CMs wouldn't let people in with it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I've been at least ten times this year and have never even been hassled the slightest bit with an entire cooler worth of food. Each time they have me open it, move it around so they can see the bottom and that's it .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast