Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

New Theme Park Ideas for Disneyland!

If you could open a new theme park for the Disneyland Resort, what would it be?

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: New Theme Park Ideas for Disneyland!

actually I would love to have a Disney seas type park....That would be so wonderful

There are two different themes I would love to see. One being a world showcase type park. Instead of representing different countries, the seven continents would be presented. The icon would be a giant earth. The other park I would love to see is a villain themed park.

• Banned User

ive herd a lot of ppl propose a villans theme park!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III
    actually I would love to have a Disney seas type park....That would be so wonderful! I'm not gay, though. lol
    I know, I would love a Disney Sea Park, why does Japan get to hog it? But, what does that have to do with you not being gay?

• Banned User

Hey!!! that was mean!!! you added that!

• The one, the only...

I think a successful park needs to adhere to the principles that made Disneyland so successful. The theme is not the magic in this. Any theme would have to be carried out to these guidelines:

1) A park that both adult and child can enjoy together-- I personally think that Walt was able to achieve this by bringing the world of fantasy to life. Any theme would need to do that.

2) A park that took you to a different place and/or different time-- People want to leave their problems, jobs, bills, headaches and explore something different.

3) A park would have to put a smile on your face-- I know that this sounds dumb, but Walt told his Imagineers that they could build anything they wanted as long as it made people smile. I don't think that should be overlooked. There should be a charm that puts a smile on people's faces.

4) A park that brings the unexpected to life-- Walt started in animation, which literially means to "give life." Making bears talk and sing, bringing Lincoln to life, and presenting a cartoon Mickey Mouse as a live person are all examples. This is where the magic occurs. Make sure that the new park brings life to things.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

these are great guidelines!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

how about the....Great tragedies of the world park....it costs 200 dollars for entry...Some rides could be. The great Depression ride. Lights, motors, affirmiative action, Anne frank stuntshow spectacular. Deathcamp of terror. Beauty and the AIDS. um....Rockin' Gulf War, and Cancer is dangerous, and adventures through an A-Bomb.....just to name a few

(sorry if Offended anyone with the above post....it was meant to show what kind of park is aginst the rules. it is only there as a joke....don't take it to heart...)

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

how about the....Great tragedies of the world park....it costs 200 dollars for entry...Some rides could be. The great Depression ride. Lights, motors, affirmiative action, Anne frank stuntshow spectacular. Deathcamp of terror. Beauty and the AIDS. um....Rockin' Gulf War, and Cancer is dangerous, and adventures through an A-Bomb.....just to name a few

(sorry if Offended anyone with the above post....it was meant to show what kind of park is aginst the rules. it is only there as a joke....don't take it to heart...)
    Bahahahhaha

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Long Distance Imagineer

I agree with JiminyCricketFan, but I'd like to add one more: It must contain a unique atmosphere and have unique rides.

Walt actually objected to another Disneyland when the MK was built, but allowed it so he could get his way with Epcot. Now you see clones of Disneyland all over the place, but not a whole lot that's new, just different "tweaks" of the same attractions.

I like the idea of a park for the Villians, I'm wondering if they would be divided into lands like we see with the parks, or would it be a big "Fantasyland of Villians" kind of thing?

I'd love to hear the ideas!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobygang7144
    There are two different themes I would love to see. One being a world showcase type park. Instead of representing different countries, the seven continents would be presented. The icon would be a giant earth. The other park I would love to see is a villain themed park.
    I'd like to see that world showcase with continents instead of countries. For the giant earth, were you thinking of the one in Tokyo DisneySea?

I think a villians land would work better. People say it could be named "Villains Village". I had an idea for an entire land, but calling it "Valley of Villainy". I'm planning to post it really soon.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    I'd like to see that world showcase with continents instead of countries. For the giant earth, were you thinking of the one in Tokyo DisneySea?

I think a villians land would work better. People say it could be named "Villains Village". I had an idea for an entire land, but calling it "Valley of Villainy". I'm planning to post it really soon.
    I thought about the one at TDS but I decided on a spaceship earth size planet earth. I also thought of another icon for the entrance that would be a tree(not ToL size) thought would be decorated with ornaments that represent different cultures.I have been working on this type of park for a long time.

A villain themed area would work better as a land. I am working on my own disney park that has a villain themed land called shadowland.

• Disney Prince

I love you...

anyway, a new park for DL? either go with an American DisneySea (which would cmpliment DisneyLand quite well) or revisit the old "Westcot" idea. Animal Kingdom could also be great but we know enough that in-country clones won't work.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I actually wouldn't mind if they built a Disneyland up here in Calgary lol, it would only be open 4 months of the year but at least it wouldn't be as far away! A Villains park would be cool, but I think it would work better as a land in an existing park rather then a whole park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast