Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Thunder Mountain Update

Regardless of working on test and adjust or not clearly Disney doesn't want the information out or they wouldn't have an agreement. And if they don't work it then a friend is telling them and now more people could get in trouble. I am not hating on the poster, just concerned for their job. I don't know why I should be though because they clearly know they aren't supposed to be doing this. I just think it's a lame thing to put your neck on the line to provide some sort of satisfaction by posting it for fans like this.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Deanfinder1982 View Post
    It clearly does not really provide much insight to what is going on and is endangering their job with the company.
    This whole thing really is laughable
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

So now you know that the ride vehicles may start moving soon? Which you would already know from just being in the park when it happens. You know that it may open sooner than 2014. All I am saying is that it is unwise for someone to leak this type of information. It's not like it is earth shattering news about a new attraction.

• The doctor is in

Maybe the confidentiality agreements were to prevent the spreading of how potentially uncomfortable the new trains are.

Just saying. Seeing what happened with the new Matterhorn sleds doesn't give me much hope.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Maybe the confidentiality agreements were to prevent the spreading of how potentially uncomfortable the new trains are.

Just saying. Seeing what happened with the new Matterhorn sleds doesn't give me much hope.
    These trains are pretty much identical.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

I think it is pretty dumb that somebody would post this type of information. It clearly does not really provide much insight to what is going on and is endangering their job with the company. I work for a corporation that is smaller than Disney and we have a investigations department that looks for this type of thing specifically and are frighteningly good at catching people, I can only assume Disney has the same. If you do work thunder (as you say) then clearly you signed the confidentiality agreement and are now leaking information? Says a lot about you.
    It's really not that big of a deal LOL. Chill out.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Wait. The trains are identical to the OLD BTMRR trains, or they're identical to the ones on the Matterhorn now?! Just want to clarify that, since I'm now having nightmares of going around those curves on Thunder Mountain in one of those horrible Matterhorn sleds...
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I was under the impression that the trains were to look similar but they were going to be new and "improved."
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Regardless of working on test and adjust or not clearly Disney doesn't want the information out or they wouldn't have an agreement. And if they don't work it then a friend is telling them and now more people could get in trouble. I am not hating on the poster, just concerned for their job. I don't know why I should be though because they clearly know they aren't supposed to be doing this. I just think it's a lame thing to put your neck on the line to provide some sort of satisfaction by posting it for fans like this.
    They entire point of a fan site is to share insider information.. to find out things before anyone else.. We all joined this site to share our love for Disneyland with each other. To be on the inside scoop, to know what no one else knows. And after being a CM, I can tell you THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT! Every guest wants to know secrets, so when a CM can drop little bits of info like this, it's like creating magic, outside of work. I see nothing wrong with it, and I think it's great of them to share what they can. They didn't reveal anything, as they were smart. They know how to drop tidbits of information and not get in trouble. Nothing this posted did will cause issues with their job.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Chief Troublemaker

The OP was only trying (IMHO) to provide us BMTRR fans a little tidbit of info. That's all. I don't think OP was trying to 'show off' insider knowledge. And I believe that OP is also the best judge of what he/she thinks will endanger his/her job & what risk is worth taking to post here on MC. If OP is wrong about that point, then he/she will pay a big price (loss of job), but that is OP's choice, right?

As someone who was at DLR in February '13 & was sad not to be able to ride and who is going again in late February '14 and will be soooo disappointed if it's still closed, I'm grateful for anything that gives me a sliver of hope that it will reopen before my trip.

Thanks for the little ray of hope, OP.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disneyland History Lover

Here's something to consider:

Did Disney ask the OP to sign a confidentiality agreement stating that he or she would not tell anyone that the CMs working on BTMRR were asked to sign a confidentiality agreement? Probably not. In fact, those very CMs working on BTMRR may not be able to discuss what's going on with BTMRR, but they may be able to say that they signed a confidentiality agreement. And that's basically all that's being said here regarding that.

In any case, if it were me, I don't think I would risk putting my job on the line. The information is appreciated, no doubt, but you never know how Disney may perceive it.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

• Seeker of Fun

Could be just a poster having a laugh at spreading rumors too. As much as I would like it to, BTMRR won't be up in 2013.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Gold Prospector

According to what I have heard, there will be one additional row of seats in the Loco. You have to have a special golden fastpass to ride in that seat. They will be given out at random from the fastpass machines. It is part of the limited time magic promotion.

Expect the exact same trains as the old ones. New but the same. A slightly different paint scheme and different color seats. The major difference is of course is the track. Maybe some new effects.

And estoplover I know who you are!!! I am going to tell the Disney Internet police!!!
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder1 View Post
    According to what I have heard, there will be one additional row of seats in the Loco. You have to have a special golden fastpass to ride in that seat. They will be given out at random from the fastpass machines. It is part of the limited time magic promotion.

Expect the exact same trains as the old ones. New but the same. A slightly different paint scheme and different color seats. The major difference is of course is the track. Maybe some new effects.

And estoplover I know who you are!!! I am going to tell the Disney Internet police!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast