Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thunder Mountain Update

This is small update on the progress of BTMRR so keep your ears open next time you walk past thunder, you may hear a train cycling. Test ad Adjust have started for BTMRR. Test and adjust are a group of attractions cast members who will work on the attraction during the refurb process, cycle the attraction and purposely break down the ride. They do that to make adjustments to the attraction either mechanically or to the ride system itself. It seems like this refurb is very top secret because the test and adjust crew have signed confidentiality agreements. In a nut shell they were told do not talk about anything having to do with thunder, either past present and future. It's kinda intense. Not even test and adjust for Racers was that intense for they openly talked about what was going on with that all the time. I will try to update you all with information when I come upon it.

I said in the past that although its announced online that Thunder will open in Feb 2014 as a worst case scenario and the true goal is this upcoming December in time to please the big Holiday crowds. Well it looks like Posibilities for December are not looking good.

If you have any questions for an attractions cast member, feel free to message me. I work Indiana Jones, Jungle, Thunder, Disneyland Railroad

• Minion

Re: Thunder Mountain Update

Thanks for the update, but I hope you don't get in trouble for telling us this.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• film975

Well, the DisneyParks blog said it will reopen early winter 2014. That could include the Christmas season. It would make sense though they want it reopen by then. Since it is a very busy season of the year.

• World of Color

Thanks for the info Estoplover, hoping that it does reopen in before the initial February 2014 date. Its been a long long time since I rode Big Thunder

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    I work Indiana Jones, Jungle, Thunder, Disneyland Railroad
    Very smart, helping potential investigators narrow it down. There's a reason upper management doesn't tell us anything, and that's because they believe we cannot be trusted to keep our mouths shut. Stop using your employment as a carrot to dangle in others' faces shouting "See what I know!?". There's being proud of your work, and then there is baiting for attention.

• Foolish Mortal

Thanks for the update. I miss riding BTMRR!

Perhaps the OP is throwing a decoy by dropping those attractions as where he/she work's...just a thought.

• The doctor is in

Thanks for the update!
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Monorail Junkie

Thank you very very for the secret info.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

many bothans were fired to bring us this information

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    It seems like this refurb is very top secret because the test and adjust crew have signed confidentiality agreements. In a nut shell they were told do not talk about anything having to do with thunder, either past present and future. It's kinda intense. Not even test and adjust for Racers was that intense for they openly talked about what was going on with that all the time.

That's a bit weird.

They are not the government .. and building new stealth bombers.

For pete's sake!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Maybe they don't them talking about the loop that was added or that there are a bunch of Stinky Pete animatronics because it would be a perfect Pixar addition!
    The Mur

Maybe the confidentiality agreements are a result of the CM's on the RSR crews talking to much.

I don't know a lot about these things, but I think it'd be tough for Disney to fire someone based on some clues given in an otherwise anonymous post. What's to stop someone from sabotaging a fellow worker they don't like by sharing some info that's true and then dropping clues that leads directly to that person? Burden of proof would be on Disney to have something solid. Although I guess that's never stopped a company from making up another reason that can't be contested.

I think it is pretty dumb that somebody would post this type of information. It clearly does not really provide much insight to what is going on and is endangering their job with the company. I work for a corporation that is smaller than Disney and we have a investigations department that looks for this type of thing specifically and are frighteningly good at catching people, I can only assume Disney has the same. If you do work thunder (as you say) then clearly you signed the confidentiality agreement and are now leaking information? Says a lot about you.

I don't see why OP is getting hate for posting this.

If you do work thunder (as you say) then clearly you signed the confidentiality agreement and are now leaking information? Says a lot about you.
    I don't think OP is part of the test and adjust crew... he wouldn't have signed that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast