DAS and Market House appreciation

I went for a small trip today with the family. I know I am not a long time member here or long standing pass holder, but I just wanted to give my appreciation for these 2 new additions to the park.

The market house seemed nice, it was very small but to my surprise there was zero line and service was excellent. I could care less too much about the theming consistency with the rest of Main Street. To me it seemed close enough to the other shops, I doubt any average guest would ever really take a second glance.

As far as the DAS, I ran into a friend there and he had one already and offered to go up his number of guests so we could ride Ghost galaxy. He basically had to start from scratch at city hall so I got a good glimpse of how it's done. He told them he needed to add more to his crew, they transferred his time for SM he had already and took his pic, that was it. Rat the ride it was basically treated as a fast pass and they cross off the ride on the list of his card where you would normally hand over the fast pass.

Afterwards he went to the kiosk and got set up for haunted mansion, 45 minute wait so we got a return time of 35 minutes. We were able to go on pirates (20 minute wait) and then headed to HM. Then he got set up for Indy, 45 minute wait as well same deal, so we headed to jungle cruise which put us right on time for Indy.

Overall it worked our since we were able to withstand the short lines ok, and the longer waits we were able to basically avoid. My friend has a bad back and can't sit it stand still too long, constantly walking helps him a lot. I can see that it still can be abused but that's always going to be an issue because someone will always be along to take advantage, sad but true. But I can also see how it will filter it out some and definitely evens out the fairness versus just being able to hitch on the back of any line. It really isn't that hard if a process to work through and it was both our first time using it.

I still have yet to use the DAS/GAC system although I could sure use it, I just tend to avoid long wai times and use FP as much as I can. I definitely would feel more likely to use this system versus the old one since it feels more normal and less sneaky I guess is the best way I can describe it. Anyway, I appreciate that they are at least trying to figure it out and offering something to be helpful to those that need it.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: DAS and Market House appreciation

Thanks for your insight of the new DAS system! It sounds like it's working like it's intended to, and hopefully this new system will help alleviate some of the abuse the GAC system saw.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky634 View Post
    I could care less too much about the theming consistency with the rest of Main Street. To me it seemed close enough....
    Close enough? Maybe for Six Flags.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    No, he was right. Disney. It's perfect, a great place for a caffeine boost before driving home.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I could care less what type of coffee is being sold. The interior design is what fails. It's bleak, and uninspiring.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I think even Six Flags could do it better. Ohh burn!

The new DAS sounds like the "come back later" pass that we acquired on our last trip. Only I had no idea what that was. My friend is a paraplegic so nobody obviously questions when they see him rolling through in his own wheelchair. But we have no issue waiting in line so long as the line isn't tough to maneuver.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!