View Poll Results: Is it time for a new "Save Disney" campaign?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

16 29.63%
  • Maybe...

9 16.67%
  • Probably not...

7 12.96%
  • No.

22 40.74%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Save Disney 2014: Is it time for a new campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Design View Post
    I only have a limited knowledge of the campaigns of the past, but I think it might be that time. I'm not one of those Disney vigilantes (I'll fight for Disney when Disney pays my bills) but I look on and cringe at everything, from Avatar Land, to Star Wars Tomorrowland. Is it that time again?
    It has been time for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    If you want to save the parks, there is only one way: stop spending your money and stop visiting. Even if it doesn't work (because we all know this will be hard for any of us to do), look at the money you'll personally save (or spend on something else).
    This is exactly what I'm doing. I'm encouraging friends and family to do this as well.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    There's no White Knight on the board to champion this kind of thing. Lassiter *would* have been my choice, but he's either OK with how things are going or not in a position to do anything about it. . .
    Lasseter may have lost some power after Steve Jobs died. I believe Jobs' widow is now Disney's largest single shareholder, and I haven't read anything about her being actively interested in Disney.

I'd like former Disney exec., Universal's Steve "the builder" Burke to take over as CEO.

Apparently the current Chairman of Disney's Board of Directors, Bob Iger, loves the current CEO of Disney, the same Bob Iger.

Thomas Staggs (a $10 million a year guy?) seemed to have been edging out Jay Rasulo as the front-runner to become Disney's next CEO, but he lacks any storytelling/real studio experience, and Iger might not mind having Staggs seen as the billion-dollar MagicBand guy. Iger was supposed to have stepped down, but Disney's Iger-headed board recently decided to keep Iger on as CEO for a few more years.

The short-term goal of Bob Iger earning another 100-300 million
    is currently the ultimate goal of Walt Disney's company

Things I'd like fixed ASAP.
    All of WDW.
    Disneyland's Tomorrowland and parking, especially for CMs.
    Disney Cruise Line CMs no longer working 77 hours a week or 4 consecutive months without one day off. (They are under Staggs and Iger, but not under American labor laws. Scary.)
    Disneyland Paris with a DCA makeover Xs 2, especially for the their studios, by far the worst Disney park.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    As long as Disney focuses on "answering to stockholders", it will continue to deteriorate. When their focus was on pleasing their customers/fans, the company exceeded expectations, both for the company AND stockholders.
    Excellent, bfdv55!

And as long as Disney shareholders passively answer their shareholder proxies according to Bob Iger's wishes, there will not be a lot to look forward to.
    Oh boy, what will he buy next?

• former CM

Prediction: someone who loves Disney World unconditionally
    and who knows nothing about Roy's public letter to Michael Eisner
    will defend Disney's current leaders.

Let's use this thread to educate and to try to be as persuasive as "a Disney spokesperson."

(Any thread with Mr. W's posts is, to me, worth reading.)

• Monorail Junkie

Save Disney from what? It's not a museum!!! So why do people want to keep it that way? Tomorrowland has to be preserved, from?

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by jchamb268 View Post
    Save Disney from what? It's not a museum!!! So why do people want to keep it that way? Tomorrowland has to be preserved, from?
    ...... people who have no interest in futurism?
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Rock Star Minion

Meh. No one wants to preserve it as a museum. Find a poster who wants that.

What posters would like is an improving Disneyland. Better and better each time one goes.
    With half the guests not demanding this want with their wallets (because their admission cost is amortized using a declining balance method), one can easily see why DL management doesn't bother to do anything to improve DL.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123