11 17.46%
  • It's good

6 9.52%
  • It's Exellent

12 19.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

The Old Disneyland

Hey, about 2 years ago I came up with an idea for a new theme park for the DL Resort call The Old Disneyland! I'm going to tell you all about it and then tell me what you think of it.

First things first, to build this theme park, they would need to buy some land (across the street if possible) then tear everything down. Then they could build this marvel.

The Park Details

Old Main Street
    Ok, the park will be almost exactly shaped like Disneyland Park. It will have a Main St. USA, with all the old shops (like the cadle shop for instance)! Where the Emporium at Disneyland is, The Old Disneyland will have The Old Disneyland Store, selling reprints of old poster maps, old postcards, old guide books, and even ticket books from different years!

Old Adventureland
    In the area that looks like Adventureland, there will be The Swiss Family Treehouse and The Jungle Cruise (Old Style).

Old New Orleans Square
    The origanal style New Orleans Square will be here (sadly, no rides)

The Old Critter Country
    It will be none other then...BEAR COUNTRY!!! It will include the Country Bear Playhouse (or Jamboree, undecided).

The Old Frontierland
    Here, the Mike Fink Keel Boats will once again exist, but the main attraction here is Mine Train Through Natures wonderland! The Pack Mules will also be here.

The Old Fantasyland
    Now carnival style again, Fantasyland will include the Old Mickey Mouse Club Theater, Captin Hooks Pirate Ship (with restraunt and skull rock off to the side), the Old Matterhorn (pre-1978 style), and the Skyway.

The Old Tomorrowland
    Many favorites here! Submarine Voyage, Alweg Monorail, Rocket to the Moon, Mission to Mars (same replica building as Rocket to the Moon, next to it's building),Carousal of progress, America Sings (same story as RTTM and MTM),
    Adventure Through Inner Space, Astro Jets, and the PeopleMover!

Ok, time for you to tell your thoughts on my idea!

This was added in the edit: Before you vote, please read my reply in box #16, it gives you some reasons that I like the idea that my change your mind on what your voting for.
    Last edited by Disneyland's#1fan!; 02-26-2006 at 04:19 PM.

• Banned User

Re: The Old Disneyland

Sounds like a waste of money to me!

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland's#1fan!
    Hey, about 2 years ago I came up with an idea for a new theme park for the DL Resort call The Old Disneyland! I'm going to tell you all about it and then tell me what you think of it.

I think the guy who runs yesterland.com might want royalities

i think it would be easier to build a time machine, and go back in time.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I think my memory idealizes the "old Disneyland" mo' betta' than it really was. I'd probably think it wasn't as good as the "real" old Disneyland!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    Sounds like a waste of money to me!
    \

Could you tell me why?

• Banned User

Come on, it's the answer to all Disneyland Atractions gone away.

i thing some, are living in the past.

• Banned User

There's a reason the phrase is "doomed to repeat the past."

I'd visit.

I live in the present, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to once in awhile take a taste of something that isn't around anymore.

Unfortunately, I doubt it could fly as conceived without Disney's permission.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I'm going to be a non-conformist here and say that I like the idea. I've always wondered what Disneyland used to be like before it was "Presslerized". I would definetely pay it a couple visits, but I wouldn't last very long without Splash Mountain.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland's#1fan!

First things first, to build this theme park, they would need to buy some land (across the street if possible) then tear everything down. Then they could build this marvel.

The Park Details

Old Main Street
    Ok, the park will be almost exactly shaped like Disneyland Park. It will have a Main St. USA, with all the old shops (like the cadle shop for instance)! Where the Emporium at Disneyland is, The Old Disneyland will have The Old Disneyland Store, selling reprints of old poster maps, old postcards, old guide books, and even ticket books from different years!

Old Adventureland
    In the area that looks like Adventureland, there will be The Swiss Family Treehouse and The Jungle Cruise (Old Style).

Old New Orleans Square
    The origanal style New Orleans Square will be here (sadly, no rides)

The Old Critter Country
    It will be none other then...BEAR COUNTRY!!! It will include the Country Bear Playhouse (or Jamboree, undecided).

The Old Frontierland
    Here, the Mike Fink Keel Boats will once again exist, but the main attraction here is Mine Train Through Natures wonderland! The Pack Mules will also be here.

The Old Fantasyland
    Now carnival style again, Fantasyland will include the Old Mickey Mouse Club Theater, Captin Hooks Pirate Ship (with restraunt and skull rock off to the side), the Old Matterhorn (pre-1978 style), and the Skyway.

The Old Tomorrowland
    Many favorites here! Submarine Voyage, Alweg Monorail, Rocket to the Moon, Mission to Mars (same replica building as Rocket to the Moon, next to it's building),Carousal of progress, America Sings (same story as RTTM and MTM),
    Adventure Through Inner Space, Astro Jets, and the PeopleMover!

Have you ever thought about buying Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and building the park with that game on your computer? I built many of my own Disneylands with that game.

On that game I built:

my own version of Disneyland in Anaheim
    A park called Disneyland Isle (A park in the Caribbean which eache themed land has its own island)
    A park called Disneyland Arctic (A Disney park in Antarctica)
    And now I am working on Disneyland International USA (A park that is themed to different nationalities)

Each Main Street is themed to the style of the area the park is in.

Disneyland's building look like the normal Main Street buildings....Or atleast close to the original look.

Disneyland Isles Main Street look like cabana buildings

Disneyland Artics Main Street is made of Ice

and Disneyland International's Main Street is a European themed Street with Taj Mahal as the staple center piece rather than a castle.

• Omnimover Groover

Wonderful thought for us serious DL fans.
    A chance to visit the past Disneyland attractions that are (and are not) sorely missed............

But alas, it's just doesn't meet financial feasibility mark. The avg. park visitor would never choose this Disneyland over the one at 1313 Harbor, knowing that "Old Disneyland" doesn't have Indiana Jones or Space Mtn.

Still, it's an interesting proposal - don't get discouraged. Maybe there are other ways/media that can effectively and affordably bring yesterland back to life beyond photos. Someone here already suggested RC Tycoon.

Keep at it!
    People aren't successful because they have never failed.....they are successful because failing hasn't stopped them.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Now that technology is better, maybe they could bring back a version of the Flying Saucers.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    Now that technology is better, maybe they could bring back a version of the Flying Saucers.
    I wish they would, those looked like so much fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast