Magic Morning Entrance from Paradise Pier?

Excited to be staying @ PPH w/ my two kids (8 and 5) for the first time this weekend.

Question- best way to access Magic Morning @ DCA, coming from PPH- GCH entrance, or walk around to the main gates?

I know this has been asked before. And I've heard many say that the lines at the main gate are shorter. However, does this fully reflect the "extra" walking time? i.e. to walk all the way through Downtown Disney, then back through the main gate, through Condor Flats, etc I'm estimating to be at least 15 mins of walking, with a 5yr old.

Asked another way- even if the line to enter @ the GCH entrance is 10 mins longer, it seems that coming from PPH that would still be the quicker way to be inside of DCA. Or is the morning line at GCH really that much longer/slower? I've never stayed there, so I've never tried it. My 5 yr old tends to get pretty tired/cranky by early afternoon, so I really want to try to make the best of our Magic Morning- I only get one shot at this, any feedback is appreciated!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Re: Magic Morning Entrance from Paradise Pier?

Estimate up to 15 min walk with little ones.

Now last year when we were at The Grand Californian, the special entrance was longer than it took to go out of the hotel, through bag check, wait in the normal line and go in. I think that was because Carsland was still a few months old.

A co-worker just came back from Paradise Pier. He did the special entrance at the Grand. While the line was long he said it took about 15 mins to get through and in.

I stay at the GCH (and VGC) several times a year, and never use the hotel entrance for EMH.
    Depending on various factors (opening time, crowd size...) the main entrance will open early, with a rope drop at Carthay Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    I stay at the GCH (and VGC) several times a year, and never use the hotel entrance for EMH.
    Depending on various factors (opening time, crowd size...) the main entrance will open early, with a rope drop at Carthay Circle.
    Really? I wasn't aware of this. DCA opens 8am, EMH starts 7am, so you are saying the main entrance will open at when- 6:45am or so?