Tomorrowland+Monstropolis

I know there were numerous statements made in previous Miceage articles about announcements for these two projects. They were apparently scheduled to be announced at D23 Japan, but as we all know, they weren't. Do you think Miceage acquired false information? Or do you think it's possible that WDI are reconsidering alternative options? It's been done with New Fantasyland at WDW with the mine train. What if they're thinking about saving Star Wars for a third theme park? Or completely scrapping Monstropolis? What do you think?

• "What? What?"

Re: Tomorrowland+Monstropolis

One can only hope.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    One can only hope.
    I just wanted to say I love your profile pic. Archimedes is one of my favorite characters and I love saying "what? what?" and "pinfeathers!".
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Artistic integrity

Very possible.

That's what I'm hoping.

Doesn't matter how far WDI is with anything. The one hurtle that matters ... is the greenlight. And that's an awfully HUGE hurdle to jump.

One would hope .. they look at all factors - Not just think about today's generations ... But the future generations yet unborn ... who will be making up their mind, whether they like what Disney does .. or don't. Yes ... that sounds like a long ways off - But keep in mind .. When Disney builds something, it will stick around for decades - Good, bad, or mediocre. The way facilities hang around, even long after they've shut the doors is mind numbing.

Remember this sign:

Took them 10 years .. until anything was finally done!
    And what's there now ... should have been replaced 3 years after it opened. But remains there to this day - 15 years later.

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea in WDW shut in 1994.

Took them 20 years to finally get around to a replacement - Little Mermaid.

Wonders of Life pavilion in EPCOT ... Obviously, they are in no hurry to replace it with anything.

Second floor to Starcade, empty since 1999. No big hurry there to do anything.

Bottom line here is ........

Whatever Disney greenlights ... you know it's going to be there for a very long time .. and if not quite successful they'll just shut the doors, and dust off that sign of Mickey as Sorcerers Apprentice! (You know what that will mean!)

So, they need to consider things much more carefully .. than they have before.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 10-16-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.