• Sock Puppet

What will be the next major announcement for dlr?

What and when, will the next major announcement for DLR be?
    Will it be Monstropolis for DCA, Star Wars expansion at DL, new hotel or DVC or will it be something not rumored yet?
    Also, do you think we will hear something before the end of October, as rumored, or maybe nothing until the end of the year?
    Or, do you think Disney has no immediate plans for DLR and we won't hear anything until after DL's 60th?

• Senior Minion

Re: What will be the next major announcement for dlr?

Iger did say that they would have something exciting to announce for DLR before the end of the year. Plus they showed Star Wars clues at the D23 Parks Pavillion. My guess is that Star Wars Foreverland will be announced in November to open fully in 2018.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

I just read Jim Hills most recent article. Very interesting and I encourage everyone to go read it.
    In it he states that Monstropolis construction will become evident with vertical construction in the not-too-distant future. This is the first time someon other than Miceage editors have verified this rumor. The interesting part is that he stated that Imagineers are wanting to go ahead and do TL monorail construction while Monstropolis construction is underway because the monorail will be closed during the construction of the Monsters Coaster.
    He did say that the Miceage version of Star Wars is just one version of a Star Wars presence for TL.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    I just read Jim Hills most recent article. Very interesting and I encourage everyone to go read it.
    Read the Jim Hill article, have to say it is the most un-accurate article I have ever read on his site, plus he uses tons of qualifiers to make it clear that the dozens of assumptions he makes are just one possible explanation. For example:

1. Jim Hill says that DL's monorail route will be shortened near the motor boar cruise. Really? They just started work on this section adding "splash guards" to this track, if it was going to be shortly removed (within a couple years), then why do this at all? This is a backstage area (currently) and there are plenty more potential dangerous areas of monorail track backstage to work on before this if . . . this is a safety upgrade.

2. Removing monorail track over the motor boat cruise wouldn't necessarily shut down Nemo, this attraction's showbuilding is not under this part of Autopia/Fantasyland.

3. Muppet Vision 3-D has a slim to none chance of being replaced as a new Muppets movie in coming out in 2014. First Muppets movie was a success, second one has bigger stars.

4. Yes, the monorail runs between Muppets 3-D and the soundstage at DCA, Mr. Hill says that the monorail will be disrupted due to a Monsters Inc. coaster, uh, unless they remove the coaster, no reason why putative work can't be done without closing the monorail as if the track isn't moved, then it won't be touched.

We know from Bob Iger's statement that no Monsters Inc. coaster (a lame concept IMHO) is coming to DCA anytime soon, at least that is how I interpret his comment regarding turning attention back to Disneyland after Carsland.

5. Looks like the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom is getting projection technology, not necessarily wiring every leaf with LED technology. Can the tree's "branches" support the hundreds (thousands?) of pounds of wiring that would coarse through them?

6. Mr. Hill says that site work has begun on Star Wars land at DHS . . . don't believe this is true.

7. Why would Disney do a Star Wars land before Episode 7? After Episode 7, Disney will have more worlds/characters to put in a new land, and Star Wars mania will be back in full swing. Avatarland was announced a while ago, surely with Star Wars, we'll have an announcement a couple years before ground is broken.

8. The parade on the river in AK is public knowledge, as well as the mist screens as it was on the Disney blog, Jim Hill kinda makes this info seem like it is top secret insider info.

9. Move Buzz Light year to Paradise Pier's expansion pad?!? There is no expansion pad for Paradise Pier, at least no land big enough for Buzz. Paradise Pier's Garden Grill has taken the space where an modest attraction could go.

10. Jim Hill says that Disney isn't going to remove monorail track as they wouldn't want guests to see a construction crane inside the park, lol, I guess Jim Hill didn't hear about the crane that was used for the Big Thunder refurb!

11. Jim Hill said that an Ewok speeder bike ride is coming to DHS. Yeah right, WDI hinted about Tatooine and a Pod Racers ride at D23, not resurrecting the Ewoks from the 1980s, I think Mr. Hill has fond memories of Return of the Jedi and wants an Ewok ride, not going to happen as today's audiences, especially younger folks, aren't crazy about Ewoks.

Jim Hill seemed to have a lot of solid articles in the past, but this current article is full of rumors, many which I would say are completely false, so I don't put much stock in what he is saying. Also, this article came out days after Avatarland concept art was released, something which Jim Hill apparently didn't know about.

Another fan site started the rumor that DHS in Orlando would get Carsland, Star Wars land, a new Pixar ride and that it would be announced at D23, 100% false! Jim Hill is an eastcoast fan, and I think is passing on the rumor that DHS will get a Star Wars land (unlikely), and that Disneyland will get a new Fantasyland attraction.

If there is truthful information in Jim Hill's article, I can't find it, and given all the fabricated info, I couldn't say for certain what is real, the article seems like an attempt to advocate for a DHS's Star Wars land, which wouldn't happen given how small DHS is, and to make it seem like Anaheim wouldn't get a Star Wars land.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 10-17-2013 at 01:00 AM.

• Banned User

In it he states that Monstropolis construction will become evident with vertical construction in the not-too-distant future. This is the first time someon other than Miceage editors have verified this rumor.
    A rumor doesn't become truth until something officially happens. There are, in all likelihood, no plans for a Monsters Inc. coaster at DCA. Jim Hill appears to be simply regurgitating fan speculations.

• Artistic integrity

What and when, will the next major announcement for DLR be?
    Will it be Monstropolis for DCA, Star Wars expansion at DL,
    If I had it my way .. if one has to happen ... let it be Monstropolis for DCA.

I'd rather they spend more time, hashing out .. a different place for a bigger "Star Wars" presence.

Not that this has anything to do with theme park announcements, here's a recent "Conversation with Robert Iger" for anyone who's interested:

MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Sock Puppet

Hey chesirecat, your posts on Monstropolis and Star Wars in every thread are never stated as opinion but always as fact as if you have intimate knowledge of DLR future plans. You are putting yourself way out on a limb when you say things like no chance, or slim to no chance, Or not going to happen. My only explanation is that you have some sort of insider information about future plans. Do you, and care to share? :-)

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, there was a MiceAge article recently that said that the Board of Directors and the shareholders were looking for Disney to stop spending so much money for a time, and allow them to rake in some of the profits from the past few years of spending huge amounts of money on things like DCA, two new cruise ships, Aulani, three new DVC resorts at WDW, etc. So based on that article, I would not expect any major announcements until next October. Since I'm told there were some hidden Star Wars things at the recent D23, I would assume that at least, as of September, that a new Star Wars attraction / land is intended to be the next major announcement. However, as we all know, things at Disney change all the time, so between now and next October, who knows.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• "What? What?"

Am I the only one that hopes the Door coaster does not happen? It's really hard for me to believe they would build it, with a similar scene on the ride next door, and of a movie 12 years old with a sequel that has shifted the story away from the doors concept.

Next big announcement? My hope would be a complete tear down and new concept in the Mickey's Toon Town area. Reality, something Star Wars based.

• Sock Puppet

But do you think there will br announcement this year for anything.

• Minion

Price increases.

• Under that tree again!

I'm still hoping that Iger's 2013 announcement is about something behind ROA.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Disneyland AP

Hopefully it's anything but Monstropolis. It makes no sense in DCA.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Read the Jim Hill article, have to say it is the most un-accurate article I have ever read on his site, plus he uses tons of qualifiers to make it clear that the dozens of assumptions he makes are just one possible explanation. For example:

1. Jim Hill says that DL's monorail route will be shortened near the motor boar cruise. Really? They just started work on this section adding "splash guards" to this track, if it was going to be shortly removed (within a couple years), then why do this at all? This is a backstage area (currently) and there are plenty more potential dangerous areas of monorail track backstage to work on before this if . . . this is a safety upgrade.

2. Removing monorail track over the motor boat cruise wouldn't necessarily shut down Nemo, this attraction's showbuilding is not under this part of Autopia/Fantasyland.

3. Muppet Vision 3-D has a slim to none chance of being replaced as a new Muppets movie in coming out in 2014. First Muppets movie was a success, second one has bigger stars.

4. Yes, the monorail runs between Muppets 3-D and the soundstage at DCA, Mr. Hill says that the monorail will be disrupted due to a Monsters Inc. coaster, uh, unless they remove the coaster, no reason why putative work can't be done without closing the monorail as if the track isn't moved, then it won't be touched.

We know from Bob Iger's statement that no Monsters Inc. coaster (a lame concept IMHO) is coming to DCA anytime soon, at least that is how I interpret his comment regarding turning attention back to Disneyland after Carsland.

5. Looks like the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom is getting projection technology, not necessarily wiring every leaf with LED technology. Can the tree's "branches" support the hundreds (thousands?) of pounds of wiring that would coarse through them?

6. Mr. Hill says that site work has begun on Star Wars land at DHS . . . don't believe this is true.

7. Why would Disney do a Star Wars land before Episode 7? After Episode 7, Disney will have more worlds/characters to put in a new land, and Star Wars mania will be back in full swing. Avatarland was announced a while ago, surely with Star Wars, we'll have an announcement a couple years before ground is broken.

8. The parade on the river in AK is public knowledge, as well as the mist screens as it was on the Disney blog, Jim Hill kinda makes this info seem like it is top secret insider info.

9. Move Buzz Light year to Paradise Pier's expansion pad?!? There is no expansion pad for Paradise Pier, at least no land big enough for Buzz. Paradise Pier's Garden Grill has taken the space where an modest attraction could go.

10. Jim Hill says that Disney isn't going to remove monorail track as they wouldn't want guests to see a construction crane inside the park, lol, I guess Jim Hill didn't hear about the crane that was used for the Big Thunder refurb!

11. Jim Hill said that an Ewok speeder bike ride is coming to DHS. Yeah right, WDI hinted about Tatooine and a Pod Racers ride at D23, not resurrecting the Ewoks from the 1980s, I think Mr. Hill has fond memories of Return of the Jedi and wants an Ewok ride, not going to happen as today's audiences, especially younger folks, aren't crazy about Ewoks.

Jim Hill seemed to have a lot of solid articles in the past, but this current article is full of rumors, many which I would say are completely false, so I don't put much stock in what he is saying. Also, this article came out days after Avatarland concept art was released, something which Jim Hill apparently didn't know about.

Another fan site started the rumor that DHS in Orlando would get Carsland, Star Wars land, a new Pixar ride and that it would be announced at D23, 100% false! Jim Hill is an eastcoast fan, and I think is passing on the rumor that DHS will get a Star Wars land (unlikely), and that Disneyland will get a new Fantasyland attraction.

If there is truthful information in Jim Hill's article, I can't find it, and given all the fabricated info, I couldn't say for certain what is real, the article seems like an attempt to advocate for a DHS's Star Wars land, which wouldn't happen given how small DHS is, and to make it seem like Anaheim wouldn't get a Star Wars land.
    I don't really trust what Jim Hill says but you have so many inaccuracies in this it's absurd. First, the section of Monorail track that is getting the safety railing is one that would stay. The section that will be removed is the sections directly over the Subs, it would absolutely have to close. If they were planning this door coaster, they would also absolutely have to close the Monorail. Do you have any experience related to construction? There are expansion pads in Paradise Pier, it could be placed where the old parade building is as there are no plans for a nighttime parade to return to DCA. In regard to waiting to build Star Wars projects for Episode 7 is absurd and you're clearly talking without any insider knowledge. There is obviously opportunities for expansion in the parks an no need to wait for more before they start. If there's something that particularly makes a good attraction they can always find ways to incorporate it in the future. Heck, the new attractions could even open with things from the new movies as it likely won't open until after it debuts anyway. Mr. Hill never said that DL would be getting a new Fantasyland ride anytime soon, you misinterpreted that. He was simply pointing out why WDI has wanted to shorted the Monorail route, it would open up a lot of valuable real estate in the former Motor Boat Cruise area. Your last paragraph is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney