Changes to Mickeys Halloween party this year.... Good or bad?

Hi there. now please bear in mind my point of view is coming as an adult who most of the time only visits with adults. So i dont really have the benefit of childs point of view. I thought I would see what peoples thoughts were to the Party entertainment this year. I attended the Oct 4th party. The weather was terribly windy which of course cant be helped, but it may have caused some of the other things that were missing on my trip. I that is the case PLEASE correct me. The Fireworks were cancelled for safety reasons. I totally understand that Im not factoring that in at all here.

there have been numerous points about what was added so I wont really go over that too much with the exception of the monsters inc dance party. It was sort of cute but really was a mess. Actually saw 2 kids almost fall off the stage after CMS had pulled them up there and were not quite paying enough attention.

Lets start with the scarecrows. they were not out. However that may have been the winds doing. But they were noticeably absent.

Another thing was no one was allowed in hub near partners for fireworks viewing or parade. The last 3 years we would get out spot for the 1st parade there and then just hang out and have hot cocoa till the fireworks. Thought it was not awesome that that area was closed off.

the soundtrack in the hub area was HORRIFIC. it was about a 9 minute loop of 4 songs. they were also playing the same silliness on main st.

the villians not being in the small world area. I realize they were on main st at the train station. That was highly unorganized and was just messing traffic up in and out of the park in the earlier hours. Not too mention the trains were not running until the very end of the show, and i dont think there was anyone on it they were just going to the roundhouse. My poor fat mans feet would have like to hop the train deeper in the park and ride back around lol.

The thing is most let down about was the little dance pirate dance party in frontier land with the characters dancing their behinds off for a ridiculous amount of time. I used to put on raves for a living and really could not believe how long they could dance in those costumes with out stopping. they put a lot of "party people" to shame.

having some rare characters out for meet and greets was pretty cool. got one of the stormtroopers to laugh which ive been trying forever to do. We never did see Roger Rabbit and we waited a long time.

I found it pretty silly the half dressed witches from the parade were posing with guest for pics but thats just me.

I love the party. My fiance and I look forward to it annually. However we may skip it next year I feel the value went down a lot this year.

I'm sure I will get some heat for this but It would be nice if there were less trick or treat trails and the parties ran a little later for adults only. That being said I heard many a person say the candy selection was horrible anyway.

thoughts?

On a related but separate pair of notes, the pumpkin donald costume is FILTHY. even the gloves were nasty. We caught him on his 1st appearance out for the day too. Jafar also needs some new hands. We "conjured" him and i saw his falling apart rubber hands and told him" you know what guy, you need to moisturize". His reaction was priceless. He through my fiances autograph book on the ground and stomped back into the little transfer tent pretending to leave.

also if you say AFLAC real loud he laughs. thanks for your time

Re: Changes to Mickeys Halloween party this year.... Good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    ...Lets start with the scarecrows. they were not out. However that may have been the winds doing. But they were noticeably absent...

Another thing was no one was allowed in hub near partners for fireworks viewing or parade. The last 3 years we would get out spot for the 1st parade there and then just hang out and have hot cocoa till the fireworks. Thought it was not awesome that that area was closed off...

the soundtrack in the hub area was HORRIFIC. it was about a 9 minute loop of 4 songs. they were also playing the same silliness on main st...

I'm sure I will get some heat for this but It would be nice if there were less trick or treat trails and the parties ran a little later for adults only. That being said I heard many a person say the candy selection was horrible anyway...

thoughts?...
    Given that everyone has their own unique perspective on the party:

We were at the party last night and had a great time. No kids with us either, so a grownup's pov here.

The scarecrows were out by the Rivers of America. They were entertaining guests in the trick or treat trail along the river. Just as funny as ever. And there were more of them -- we chatted with at least 5 or 6 scarecrows.

The Hub was roped off for special seating (Adventures by Disney -- and if I had paid that much money for an ABD trip, I'd want reserved seating, too!) and, I think, handicap seating. If people can't sit on the curb or wait in the street for a long time to see the fireworks, I have no problem with giving them that viewing area. We got great viewing spots with minimal wait just next to the Hub (and we have waited for hours at previous parties to get seats at the Hub) -- I prefer the minimal wait, but that may just be me.

The loop at the Hub was repetitive (still have it memorized from last year!), but not horrific. It was more than 4 songs and gave us an excuse to get to know our fireworks neighbors -- nothing like dancing and singing along with all the kids around you to really get the party atmosphere going.

We like the trick or treat trails and thought the candy selection this year was much better than it was last year. More non-candy options (graham crackers, goldfish crackers, kids Cliff bars, fruit leather, etc.) and more/better candy selection (more Heath, Werthers, no neon tootsie rolls or Dots). Meeting familiar CMs in the trail lines is really fun, especially when they recognize us in costume. And we always thank the CMs who really spread their enthusiasm and spread the magic with the candy.

MHP definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I really believe that attitude plays a big part in how much fun people can have.

please dont misunderstand. I had a good time. Just not sure if I enjoy all the changes we saw. or to put it another way if its worth the price we pay to us. Just wanted some other opinions. please carry on!

Glad you had a good time overall. The question of whether something is "worth it" is so subjective. Each person hits his/her own breaking point based on different reasons. For us, the party is still worth the money, time, and energy spent. But, as a disclaimer, we are locals, passholders, and members on various Disney fanboards. The information gathered from the boards makes a very big difference in how/how much we enjoy the party. We knew about some of the changes beforehand, so we weren't surprised. If you are able to find something else that provides what you want at a better price next year, then go for it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

We went to the October 11th trip, we dressed Disney bound style Buzz and Woody. We had a great time, it was a lot busier then previous trips we had been on for the Halloween Parties. Which sucked but what can you do.

We didnt know the Scare Crows were moved to Rivers of America, I dont remember seeing them out during our trip. We missed the Party at the French quarter that was fun the last few years we did it.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala