1st Time @ Mickey's Halloween Party (Oct. 11) plus a few days in the Parks

Trip Oct 9th-12th

We left San Francisco on Wednesday night after work and arrived in Orange at around 2 am and crashed...and then we went to Disneyland!!!

This was the first time that we've been during Halloween time, which made in a way like going again for the first time. We were welcomed at the entrance by Mickey and friends in pumpkin-form.

As we walked in we were surprised to find this sign as we walked in:
    We got wristbands right around noon with no problems. Later we saw people still getting wristbands during the event so I guess they never ran out of them. The event didn't have anything extra special, but it allowed us to ride the Haunted Mansion twice with only about a 10 min wait each time

Thursday was surprising busy, but we enjoyed the rides with lower wait times and just being in the parks. I spent a lot of time taking pictures of all the pumpkins.

The Dapper Dan ones were some of my favorites

Small Word also had cool pumpkins

Friday was Mickey's Halloween Party!! This was my first experience and I was super excited. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I really love dressing up/cosplaying, so naturally I had planned an awesome costume for the trip. It took me a while to come up with the perfect costume, I wanted something very Disney without being a specific character. Then I was cleaning up and I came across my stuffed alligator backpack and it all clicked and eventually became this:

I really enjoyed Mickey's Halloween Party. We didn't try to do everything, although the wait times for rides were not bad at all, take a look below, but we have annual passes, so we can do rides other times.

What we did enjoy were the characters!

I was soo soo excited for this next set. I love the show Phineas and Ferb, so I was super excited to meet them.

Wait, where's Perry?

Oh there you are Perry. I know this seems silly, but I've been searching for Perry/Agent P for so long. The first time I asked back in 2008 most cast members didn't even know what I was talking about.

We also thought the fireworks were spooktacular. And absolutely loved the Cadaver Dans!

We also stopped at a few treat trails, gotta get some candy to snack on for the drive back to SF. Overall we really enjoyed the party.

Re: 1st Time @ Mickey's Halloween Party (Oct. 11) plus a few days in the Parks

Some other Halloween time fun:

The Halloween Tree

Attachment 33316

Mickey Hat Box Ghost Popcorn Buckets

And lots of Halloween Fun at Thunder Ranch

Next up Food!

Food!

I tried one of the new lobster rolls. It was good, but not my favorite.

I much prefer the shrimp po' boy. This sandwich is slowly become an every trip meal.

They also had special cups for the season

And a bit of Jack's decorating sneaked in as well. (I want one of these)

Enchiladas are always yummy

And the special pumpkin flan was amazing!

Apples of all sorts. If you've never tried one they are well worth it. They also travel very well. I often grab one on my way out and then eat it back home with my mom.

Mickey Waffles are a must for us

As is Dole Whip!!!

And now one last picture to end my trip report...

The cutest little Bert that I have ever seen...

TTFN
    Last edited by dwarfhampster; 10-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Glad you had a great time, I was their for that very same day for the party. We missed the Cadaver Dans though

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Foolish Mortal

Nice TR and pix. I must ask, what is the significance of the little gummy bear looking animals in your food pix?

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    I must ask, what is the significance of the little gummy bear looking animals in your food pix?
    They are my little traveling companions. They live in the little bag I keep my camera in and often come out to take pictures. It's one of those very silly things that makes me happy. See https://www.facebook.com/pages/Squis...14351535333384 for more lol

Sounds like you had a great time! Halloween is so fun at DLR. Thanks for the TR and the great photos!
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• formerly very helpful

Great photos. Glad you had a good time. I love your costume of the "crocodile's lunch" girl from Haunted Mansion! Very creative.