Halloween Party- Worth it?, Tickets?, and... Crowds? (Oct 21st)

Hi All!

So I haven't gotten any tickets for the Halloween party yet, we waited too long to decide to go, and now it's sold out!

I am looking for 4 tickets to the 21st party. I've read online that it IS okay for someone to sell tickets they can't use, or to give someone their tickets. (True?) So I AM going to put that out there that I'm in need of 4, and I would REALLY appreciate it! (If anyone knows another way I could get some I would GREATLY accept the information.)

Now, that said, is it worth it to put in the work (and money) to try and find tickets, or has it been a bit of a bummer and really over-crowded this time around? I know levels of fun are different for all, but info is always helpful.

Lastly, does anyone know if the kids could Trick or Treat on Downtown Disney as a last resort if we can't get in to the party?

Pre Thanks to All my Fellow Disney Obsessee's!
    FAT KIDS UNITE!
    (Anyone can be a Fat Kid! You love food?, you're in!)

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know.." "I know!"

• Under that tree again!

Re: Halloween Party- Worth it?, Tickets?, and... Crowds? (Oct 21st)

It is crowded but the parade and fireworks are unique. Rare characters abound with waits. Plenty of calm places and mostly all short waits for rides.

Totally worth it if you haven't been.

I would not pay over the regular price for tickets.

I didn't notice this when I went this year but wasn't looking. In the past day of tickets have been available. So if you are going to the parks anyway you may just get them while there.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I'm fairly sure tickets will still be available on party days to guests that are already in the park. Meaning if you have an AP or were planning on going for the day anyway you can still have a chance to get tickets. They set up registers just inside the Frontierland entrance at around 3 or 4pm. When we were there Friday they had the registers open until around 7. The line got long pretty quickly so I would try to get there as early as possible.
    It's definitely worth it but not if you have to pay more than the face value of the ticket.

• World Famous Gold Mickey

Just went to a Halloween Party that was sold out and they were selling tickets inside Disneyland to the people leaving. Every year it is more crowded but this year it really was too many people. Not as many candy stations as in years past and on the night we went almost all the stations were just giving you one piece of candy. The lines to trick or treat were very long, lines for the characters were very long, lines for the more popular rides/attractions were long. Also wasn't that many costumes this year. We use to really enjoy this party but not sure if we are going to do it again next year...

We went a couple years ago, and I was disappointed that it really wasn't any less crowded than a regular day.

I haven't been back. I'd have liked to go this year because my youngest got an awesome Sofia the First costume, but our passes have expired and I don't plan to renew for a year or so.

It was so totally worth it in my opinion. This was my first year going though, so I don't know how it compares to other days/years. We went on the 4th. It wasn't that crowded. Lines were 15 minutes for Indy and Space at 10pm. SOOOO Much fun. There's fun everywhere. Costumes, characters, candy, good times. Loved the parade. GO!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Elk Grove Chris

It is worth doing at least once.

We have done the DL parties in 2010, 2011, and last year. Each year it seemed that they were selling a lot more tickets than the last, I doubt we will ever do a party again. There are some cool party only events, but it does not feel exclusive by any means. October days during and around the parties feel way more crowded that summertime for us. Try to go on a non-Friday party if you can swing it.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks for all the advice everyone!! We're HERE!!!!!

Has anyone still been seeing tickets sold in the parks on Sold Out dates this season? Still hoping for tickets on the 21st night..

Quote Originally Posted by misterdisney View Post
    Just went to a Halloween Party that was sold out and they were selling tickets inside Disneyland to the people leaving. Every year it is more crowded but this year it really was too many people. Not as many candy stations as in years past and on the night we went almost all the stations were just giving you one piece of candy. The lines to trick or treat were very long, lines for the characters were very long, lines for the more popular rides/attractions were long. Also wasn't that many costumes this year. We use to really enjoy this party but not sure if we are going to do it again next year...

Thank you, exactly what I needed to know
    I really wouldn't care about the candy (unless they were handing out bags of peanut butter m&ms), more for a different parade or fireworks but... when it becomes too crowded... dampens the fun

• Selfie Expert

Last year we tried to get tickets to a sold out party the day before and the day of IN the parks and they were not selling any. So, I would not rely on that to happen.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List