Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: Priced out of Disneyland? Why?

Compared to how often I have been going, I don't consider the park ticket to be a bad thing. But as I am unemployed and my pass was pre-paid, I will not be renewing till I am working again when the pass runs out in mid-January.

• Under that tree again!

In the Earnings conference call from today. Park's revenue up 8% and profit up %15.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Just this guy......

About twice a year someone posts how outrageous the prices are at Disneyland. While I agree that the prices are high letís look as a comparison some of the prices of other current entertainment which you could spend your money on.

Also keep in mind I am using list prices just for a point of comparison. I understand that you can often fine lower prices and deals to make the prices lower.

What is the current price of a hardcover book? If you look up Stephen King: Doctor Sleep you will find that the list price is $30.00.

How about a two hour movie at prime time? I found that Ender's Game at 7:00PM would cost me $12.75.

How about live theater? I found that Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson Theatre would cost me for a good Orchestra seat costs $95.00. That would be for about 3 hours?

When viewed in the light of the prices above the 1-Day 1-Park Ticket at $92.00 and the 1-Day Park Hopper Ticket at $137.00 are high but so out of line to make people pass out.
    About twice a year someone posts how outrageous the prices are at Disneyland. While I agree that the prices are high letís look as a comparison some of the prices of other current entertainment which you could spend your money on.

Also keep in mind I am using list prices just for a point of comparison. I understand that you can often fine lower prices and deals to make the prices lower.

What is the current price of a hardcover book? If you look up Stephen King: Doctor Sleep you will find that the list price is $30.00.

How about a two hour movie at prime time? I found that Ender's Game at 7:00PM would cost me $12.75.

How about live theater? I found that Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson Theatre would cost me for a good Orchestra seat costs $95.00. That would be for about 3 hours?

When viewed in the light of the prices above the 1-Day 1-Park Ticket at $92.00 and the 1-Day Park Hopper Ticket at $137.00 are high but so out of line to make people pass out.

and as the prices of each of those activities listed above has increased to what they are now, we have dropped those too! we only have so much money to spend and there are price points that we're just not comfortable spending whether it's a relative value or not...

truth is, after dropping so many of our usual entertainment activities, we have been having just as wonderful a time spending time together doing things that cost absolutely nothing. go figure.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    About twice a year someone posts how outrageous the prices are at Disneyland. While I agree that the prices are high let’s look as a comparison some of the prices of other current entertainment which you could spend your money on.

All true, although as many posters have pointed out, it's not just Disneyland's increasing price, it's the diminishing quality of experience that Disneyland offers.

Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson doesn't have crushing crowds, aggressive stroller-pushers, audiences that scream out the dialogue, yak loudly on their cell phones during the show, obscure your view of the stage by holding up their iPads, and blind you with flash cameras. Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson is produced with top talent, has technicians who change burnt out lights and fix broken effects before the show goes on, is staffed with excellently-trained employees who treat the customers with high regard, and has a clientele that returns the regard.

Sort of how Disneyland used to be.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I mean I let my AP go after 5 years because...well besides WOC new show....were not getting much in the next year or two...I may go back but...I dont feel like I have to know that Carsland is done

This is what Walt got...you keep building new things..and people will come...you take a break..but raise prices less people will come

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    About twice a year someone posts how outrageous the prices are at Disneyland. While I agree that the prices are high let’s look as a comparison some of the prices of other current entertainment which you could spend your money on.

When viewed in the light of the prices above the 1-Day 1-Park Ticket at $92.00 and the 1-Day Park Hopper Ticket at $137.00 are high but not so out of line to make people pass out.
    Good points!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    All true, although as many posters have pointed out, it's not just Disneyland's increasing price, it's the diminishing quality of experience that Disneyland offers.

Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson doesn't have crushing crowds, aggressive stroller-pushers, audiences that scream out the dialogue, yak loudly on their cell phones during the show, obscure your view of the stage by holding up their iPads, and blind you with flash cameras. Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson is produced with top talent, has technicians who change burnt out lights and fix broken effects before the show goes on, is staffed with excellently-trained employees who treat the customers with high regard, and has a clientele that returns the regard.

Sort of how Disneyland used to be.
    So true...

I am reminded of an event I paid a lot of money weeks in advance to see some 20 odd years ago. The Vancouver Canucks and the LA Kings were to play an exhibition game in the old Memorial Coliseum (The Glass Palace) here in Portland. Being a big hockey fan, I paid extra money to sit in the front row....great site lines, lots of extra leg room and easy access to and from ones seat.

Then...........

The Kings made a huge trade to the Edmonton Oilers......Wayne Gretzky would be wearing an LA Kings uniform for the first time on Portland ice (free trivia).

Arriving at the game I find that my awesome seats have been turned into awful seats.....a whole new row of fold up chairs were placed in front of my "front" row.

Gone were the great site lines (the chairs in front of me were on the same plain as mine...people 20 rows back would have a better view of events than I would), gone was the leg room (I had less leg room than just about everyone else....not the extra I thought I was paying for) and gone was the easy access.....now it was impossible to leave ones seat without majorly interrupting the fans in both rows (grrrr)

The promoters of this game stuffed as many people into the building as they could (I was surprised they didn't put some seats on the ice itself or at least rent out some of the chairs in the penalty boxes) making money on the forced sacrifices of suckers like me.
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 11-08-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ..you take a break..but raise prices less people will come
    Attendance is at record levels

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Sleeping Beauty at the Ahmanson doesn't have crushing crowds, aggressive stroller-pushers, audiences that scream out the dialogue, yak loudly on their cell phones during the show, obscure your view of the stage by holding up their iPads, and blind you with flash cameras.
    I don't know...live theater crowds these days can be pretty terrible. When I went to Iris last year at the Kodak, I ended up asking an usher to move me because the people in front of me decided to talk through the show. When I lived in NYC I went to a lot of Broadway shows and it was not uncommon to have talkers, people on cell phones, people that stunk of perfume, people who came really late and disturbed everyone else, kids being disruptive, etc.

I think in general, society has become less considerate, both in and out of the park.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617