Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barbaraann's Short but Sweet Halloween Trip Report

My Halloween trip to Disneyland, might have been short on time, but that didn't prevent me from having a whole lot of fun. I really enjoyed myself a lot.

I flew from Chicago to the John Wayne AIrport this past Monday, and arrived too late to spend anytime in the parks. So, after a nice dinner, and a good night's sleep, I got up early on Tuesday Morning raring to go. I left my hotel, Dolphin's Cove in plenty of time to catch the #1 ART Bus to the park. Dolphin's Cove is located on Orangewood, near Harbor Blvd, and near Denny's, the Travelodge, and the Doubletree . I have stayed there three times now, and it has been great.

The Bus driver was great, we sang happy birthday to passengers with birthdays. My first glimpse of the parking structure, where the buses pull in, always make me happy. This was not any different.

Seeing the sign that points the way to Disneyland, is always a thrill. I got myself through security, and enjoyed my first view of the esplanade.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Short but Sweet Halloween Trip Report

I stopped at the Mickey benches, and took their picture. I really love those benches, and seeing them again, reminds me of just how close I am getting to finally beginning my greatly anticipated Disneyland trip. The lines were long to get into DCA, and seeing the character pumpkins above the Disneyland entrance, was a real treat.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-21-2013 at 09:00 AM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It was 7:30 a.m., and it was good to see that they were all ready letting people into the park. The official opening time was 8 a.m.

This was a Haloweentime Party Day, and those banners were everywhere throughout the entrance to the park, and in Town Square. It was one of the first things that I saw on that first morning.

It is a tradition of mine, that I always take a picture of this sign over the tunnel.

I went on top of the train station, and got this great photo looking down Main Street. It was too early to board the train, because it was still before official park opening time.

I especially liked these pumpkins over the Mad Hatter Shop, which were wearing their own hats. Quite clever.

Another tradition of mine is to take a picture of this clock. As you can see it is still before 8 a.m, and I am already having fun in Disneyland.

This cast member gave me a "High 4", and then he took my picture. It was a great start to my day.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I stopped and said hello to Pinocchio, and Jiminy Cricket. I just love the "Little Wooden Head", and his "Conscience".

You just never know when you can find someone to take a good picture of you in front of the castle, so I grabbed the opportunity on this first morning when I spotted a friendly Photopass Photographer.

My first ride on that morning was Dumbo. I usually do Dumbo first on my first morning in the park. That tradition goes back to 1997. It was the very first ride that I ever rode in a Disney themepark.

Keep them coming Barbaraann! I love following along on your trip reports. Your love for Disney warms my heart.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love Jiminy Cricket, and so it follows that I would also love the Pinocchio Ride. I ride it the first chance that I get, after a spin on Dumbo.

Peter Pan is a fan favorite, but on this morning, as on most mornings the line for Peter Pan's Flight was longer than I was willing to endure. So I rode the Snow White Ride next instead.

• Indiana Scott

Oh Barbaraann, you don't know how much your TR just hits the spot. It's the little things that take one in, like the still wet walking area's the show that the park is clean and fresh for a new day.
    I am so looking forward to more of your pics and comments. They get me about as close as I can get without a plane ticket.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    Keep them coming Barbaraann! I love following along on your trip reports. Your love for Disney warms my heart.
    I love, that you love my trip reports. I apologize in advance for taking my time doing them. I must get reacquainted with Photobucket. It has been a while since I used it. Lots more to come, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Oh Barbaraann, you don't know how much your TR just hits the spot. It's the little things that take one in, like the still wet walking area's the show that the park is clean and fresh for a new day.
    I am so looking forward to more of your pics and comments. They get me about as close as I can get without a plane ticket.
    I had a really wonderful time, and I do like getting to the park first thing in the morning, when the place does seem more bright and shiny new.

Now on with the TR, as soon as I load more pics into Photobucket.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Before I go on, I must acknowledge the castmember in the Pinocchio ride, who let me ride twice in a row. That was really nice. He also told me how Pinocchio was always his favorite movie as a child. Of course, I have always loved the movie as well.

After riding these few Fantasyland rides, I decided that it was time to have some breakfast. I was heading to River Bell Terrace, and on the way there, I took these two pictures, which are on the back of the castle. Some things we miss, as we are scurrying by. I did not miss them this day.

I also passed the new Royal Theatre Sign. It was my first time seeing this new area of the park. I liked it very much.

My journey to River Bell Terrace took me past a cart selling Halloween mugs. I promised myself that before my trip was over, I would treat myself to one of those mugs.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I never quite remember if I should enter Frontierland, or Adventureland, in order to get to River Bell Terrace. I chose Adventureland, but then made a right and crossed under the other Frontierland sign. I was glad that I did, because then, I discovered the "Pumpkin Tree".

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have proof. Proof Positive. Mickey Pancakes are still being served at River Bell Terrace. Actually, I had the Steamboat, which also comes with pancakes, but they are not the ones with the "Mouse Ears". By the way, I did buy myself a Mickey Halloween Mug, and I had them fill it up with hot chocolate. It was delicious with my breakfast.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Trip report!!! And not only a trip report... but a Barbaraann trip report!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Jack Skellington is quite a character, and on this particular morning, he was hanging out in front of the New Orleans Train STation.

I did not get in line for a picture with Jack at this time, I had other things on my mind. What do you suppose that might be? If you guess a ride on Haunted Mansion, you would be correct.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I did not wait long at all to ride this classic ride. In fact on this day, I rode it twice in a row, "I Loved It That Much!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I headed back over by the New Orleans Train Station, to see if Jack was still there. However, he and Sally were just leaving. The Cast Member informed th line that Jack would be back in a few, but Sally would not. I waited in line with the others for about a 1/2 hour before it was my turn for a picture with Jack. Jack Skellington does a really great job of interacting with the Disneyland guests. Each of them gets special attention.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast