Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Done with MC.

Re: Finding a table at DL is becoming harder and harder

As a kid back then I remember having the same problem even in the 60's when my family visited. We constantly had to wait for a table to eat at and some people got rather unpleasant about it.

• Selfie Expert

The only place I've ever had issues finding a table consistently is Bengal BBQ, and that's not really a sit-down restaurant. Most other places there is plenty of seating available, unless of course it's peak dining time. Even then, I haven't had a whole lot of trouble finding seating.
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 10-21-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: typo

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Greetings, Program!

If we must dine in the parks, we go thru Disney Dining. Have never had to worry about getting a table.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Bengal is an exception I would say because there are like 3 whole tables. The only places I typically have an issue with tables is simply the wait at table service restaurants. I've never had an issue at any counter service places other than bengal.

•   
    • Minion

I can sympathize about the lack of tables - and I've run into it too when I've eaten at the park with friends. I do think it's really rude to hover over someone else's table while they are eating. They're there to enjoy their day at Disneyland as much as you are, and they paid their money for their food. Nobody enjoys eating while someone else is hovering over them, glaring.

With saving tables, I can see both sides. When my Mom and I went to DLR in February, I had her hold a table at the Jolly Holiday (it was not crowded). She was on an ECV so it would have been completely cumbersome for her to come into the JHB, and she couldn't carry any food with that. It was much easier for all involved for me to go in and get the food on my own. While I was on line she was able to take the time she needed to find a table that felt comfortable to her.
    Last edited by Malina; 10-21-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• The doctor is in

The only places I have ever had a hard time finding a table at are all inside DCA. During peak lunch and dinner times it is nearly impossible to find a spot at Pacific Wharf. I have eaten my lunch sitting on the ground and sitting at a bench by the entrance to Cars Land before. The best time to visit Pacific Wharf in terms of table availability is at night. I ate a late dinner and Cocina Cucamonga in May and there were tons of tables open. It was about 40min before World of Color started.
    I agree that Taste Pilots Grill always seems a bit crowded. I have never been unable to find a table, though.

As far as Disneyland, I have never really had a difficult time finding a spot. The Hungry Bear, for one, always has tables open. The only one that can get a bit crowded is Golden Horseshoe but it all depends on what time of the day you get food. If you get lunch or dinner during peak food hours it's going to be crowded no matter where you go.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Vidia's Minion

I blame the payment plan.

*ducks and runs from the mob with pitchforks*

Taste pilots grill does get crazy, luckily I no longer care for their stuff. Ever since they changed the menu and dropped the ribs (though I never got them) the food just seems super dry to me (bread). I groan when someone in the party suggests going there.

I love Bengal BBQ but pretty much never eat there since as was mentioned there's all of 3 tables or so. I'll either take the food to Aladdin's Oasis (though that's been closed recently for a while) or go around to all the tables outside the River Belle Terrace.

I've only had a problem once at the warf in DCA, super busy Saturday.
    Last edited by Jayce; 10-23-2013 at 01:57 PM.

• Mrs. J. Depp

In DCA, the Paradise Garden area has so much seating it's almost too much. But that's being realistic for the crowds as I'm sure on a busy day that area is full of dining patrons. Space is just a tad limited in Disneyland. Things are close together to give you that personal, quaint environment so there's going to be cutbacks somewhere.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Dont make me unfriend you

We save sits. I have 5 kids, so when we go eat, my wife and most of the kids find a table as one or two of the kids wait in line with me. It would be crazy to take all 7 of us to wait in line together then look for a table. Not only do we need to find "a" table, we need to find one big enough for all of us, or two smaller tables next to each other.

I don't feel bad at all by the way we do it. It would be different if we said, "sit here and save a table while we ride a couple of rides". But I would guess (hope) most people don't do that.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Rservations too. I have tried to get a reservation at Carthay Circle four times without any luck. The Disneyland Dining operators suggest walking in and I have tried that twice and was only offered a place to buy a drink in the lounge.

Another one of the reasons I am going to drop my AP when it next expires.

• Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Rservations too. I have tried to get a reservation at Carthay Circle four times without any luck. The Disneyland Dining operators suggest walking in and I have tried that twice and was only offered a place to buy a drink in the lounge.

Huh? I just made a reservation (online) for Carthay and it took all of 5 minutes. It gave me a range of times to select from. Quick and simple.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Huh? I just made a reservation (online) for Carthay and it took all of 5 minutes. It gave me a range of times to select from. Quick and simple.
    Just wondering how far in advance do you make the reservations? How far in advance does one need to make reservations to have pretty good chance of making one?
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post

Maybe if you try and make a reservation the day of. Like all the people who crowd around Blue Bayou in the morning hoping to get a table for that day.

I have made numerous reservations for restaurants and have never had any issues. Each time I have been offered just about each time slot, too.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    Just wondering how far in advance do you make the reservations? How far in advance does one need to make reservations to have pretty good chance of making one?
    Made on October 18th, for a early November reservation.

I would guess depends on the day and time of year. We've never had difficulty getting reservations at DL whether 60 days advanced or day of. Maybe we are lucky.
    Last edited by Timicus; 10-22-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

Maybe it's time to install FastPass for the restaurants. While waiting for your table you could go on rides.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast