Visiting from Aus

Hey....
    Sooo I'm planning a solo trip to Disney at the beginning of February in 2014 and am looking for someone to show me around the best parts of the parks! More than welcome to stay at my hotel (nothing creepy intended)!
    Is this weird??????
    Can't wait for December 2012 when I FINALLY get back to Disneyland Resort! My first trip in over 7 years

• Selfie Expert

Re: Visiting from Aus

Not so much creepy as somewhat reckless... Meeting up at the parks (a public place) is a great way to meet new people, but I would not invite strangers to your room. Just a bit of warning!

There are MiceChat meet ups every Sunday, and often there are solo travelers posting in here, so I'm sure you'll find some company to spend time with while you're there!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    There are MiceChat meet ups every Sunday, and often there are solo travelers posting in here, so I'm sure you'll find some company to spend time with while you're there!
    Here is the Facebook page for the Sunday group you can join the group and can see who is coming each week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/micechatsundaymeet/
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Creepy? Only if you already know that there are around 25 million people who can drive to DL within a couple hours and don't need to book a hotel to visit. If you didn't know then let it be known that DL sits in the middle of the suburbs of America's 2nd largest city.

I am sure there are lots of people who would probably live to show you around but don't need to stay in a hotel to do so.

• The doctor is in

I wouldn't say creepy. I would say a bit too trusting. There are creepers everywhere, just keep that in mind for your own safety.
    But moving on... as mentioned there are meetups in the park and I'm sure you would find someone who would meet up with you inside the parks and show you around.

I'm in the planning stages of a trip in early February as well, so depending on the timeframe I may be in the parks at the same time. When in February are you going?
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• formerly very helpful

I agree with Kelly. Be careful about who you meet. Of course, you can also meet some of the best people around this way. Personally I've made some very good friends with folks I've met online. So don't think that ALL or even MOST people you meet online are wierdos. But you do need to be careful.
    And when you do go, you MUST take and post MANY pictures.

• Former Churro Jockey

I'd go with unwise as well. In any "tourist" area there are just too many people looking to take advantage (or outright steal from) someone from out of town. There are websites for solo travelers going to the same destination over the same dates to meet up, and Disneyland is certainly popular enough that you would not be the only out-of-town solo traveler when you go, so I'd do that instead. Then, once you are already here, see if you can meet someone local. I travel solo for work frequently. For me personally, I always start with the hotel staff. Several times I have met someone who at the very least has given me good tips about where to go, and occasionally has shown me around. Sometimes it's worked out, sometimes it hasn't. But at least if you meet them first you can get some sense of what kind of person they are.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Mrs. J. Depp

Since you seem like the trusting type, (and there's nothing wrong with that, I just have stranger danger), you might want to check out some of the couch surfing websites. Where you stay on a strangers couch for free. A co-worker of mine does this when she travels and also opens her home to fellow couch surfers. I didn't know such a thing existed!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Hey,

I'm an australian and visited in August just gone. Feel free to ask a question if you have any questions about an Australians perspective of travelling to DL.

I would say you don't really need someone to show you around. Just read books about disney land and ask questions here then you wi have all the info you need to just explore the parks on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1997 View Post
    ...I'm planning a solo trip to Disney at the beginning of February in 2014 and am looking for someone to show me around the best parts of the parks!
    You might want to book a few tours. The group tours are not too expensive, considering the cost of your airfare. The VIP tours are even better, but quite expensive.

Thanks for all of your wonderful advice and tips
    Can't wait for December 2012 when I FINALLY get back to Disneyland Resort! My first trip in over 7 years

• Done with MC.

Always one to want to help someone out, I asked my wife if she would mind if I went to DLR with you (and left her home of course).
    All I got was a ;(
    I'm going to take that as a "no".