Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Head Salesman

Re: New Disney Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    Mickey should be on the $1 bill.
    For the 50th anniversary edition of the Disney Dollars, Mickey is on the $50 bill, which is more fitting for the occasion. This is the first time (and only time, I think) that a $50 denomination has been printed. If you haven't seen it, feast yer peepers.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    I remember my parents getting Disney Dollars when I was a lot younger, I didn't understand the concept though, I remember saying something like "Why would exchange real money for money you can't use outside Disneyland?" They said something about enhancing the experience or something like that, but I still didn't understand them, still don't actually lol.
    Valid question - here's why I buy Disney Dollars.

I'm a big fan of racking up frequent flier miles from my credit card, and use it in the park, except at outdoor vending and the like. Obviously, you can't earn CC miles from cash transactions, but if you buy $100 in Disney Dollars using your credit card ... there's 100 miles right there! Then you can use the Disney Dollars like cash during your stay.

And if someone had some leftover Disney Dollars and wasn't going to return to the park for some time, they could always exchange them for regular US dollars before they left.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by RPH
    Valid question - here's why I buy Disney Dollars.

I'm a big fan of racking up frequent flier miles from my credit card, and use it in the park, except at outdoor vending and the like. Obviously, you can't earn CC miles from cash transactions, but if you buy $100 in Disney Dollars using your credit card ... there's 100 miles right there! Then you can use the Disney Dollars like cash during your stay.

And if someone had some leftover Disney Dollars and wasn't going to return to the park for some time, they could always exchange them for regular US dollars before they left.
    Exactly what I do! (see my post #6 above)

I have a question, though... when you buy $100 in DisneyDollars with credit card, do they pull out a list and write your name/credit card info down? This is why I usually buy just $40 at a time; I've heard that for "fraud" protection (or something) any transaction over $40 (or $50) they have to make a record to keep track of who's buying large Disney Dollar purchases.

When I'm just getting $40, they just give me the bills and my regular credit card receipt. When I used to buy larger amounts, they put my name on this list, which I just don't like for some reason. I heard somewhere that it was to protect them from someone buying hundreds of DD$$ and just turning around and exchanging it for cash--sort of "laundering" cash advances through your credit card I guess.

And for that matter I wonder what would happen if you tried to exchange large amounts that you just purchased for cash... would they refuse?

So, I just get $40 at a time and if I need more it's easy to buy another $40 somewhere. It's sure not hard to run through them quickly!

I was just wondering if you ever noticed this when using your credit card for Disney$$.
    --Jonathan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12