Best Character Experience

If your like me then you LOVE meeting the Characters. What are some of your favorite character experiences?
    "What ever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do." - Walt Disney

• Queen Elsa

Re: Best Character Experience

For me is making friends with them at less with some of them. I have lots of fun with my Princess Tiana because we both do silly poses together and also she is a good friend to me. I also love to tease Tink and her friends at times when I get to see them when I have on my Capt. Hook shirt. I just love to see what there reaction will be when they see me having that shirt on.

My eldest daughter had a grand time with Pooh when she was about 5 or so. She had on Pooh overalls and had a Pooh balloon. We try to be courteous when meeting characters and not monopolize their time. After a quick picture and autograph we were about to step away and Pooh started playfully swatting the balloon about and playing with my daughter. I stepped away and just let them play.

Goofy's Kitchen is always really good. Having the characters stop by the table is always fun and it is more relaxed.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

In an ongoing attempt to get pictures with as many characters as he can, I took my nephew for True Love Week to get the princes. With the long line and rotations he kept missing Princes he would need and would end up getting the same couples. The characters became really friendly and was rooting for him to get who he needed, they also complimented him on his autograph book pictures, when we finally got the last prince (Prince Charming) the other cheered for him and Cinderella and Charming were proud to be the final couple.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Queen Elsa

That kind of happen to me to but with Prince Eric. I had met every Prince but Eric he was the only one that I wanted to see. The line was so long by the time I got up to the second row Prince Eric had leave already and it was Prince Charmine,Snow White's Prince & Prince Phillip. I had a photo album of both Aurora and Phillip that I wanted them to sign. They ask me how my day was I said it was ok Aurora was like why ok. I told her and Phillip about how I have met every Prince incluing Beast in the past but I have never met Eric and he was the one I wanted to met the most. Well wild Aurora was talking to me about my album I saw Phillip talking to one of the Cast members of chourse I didn't know what about so after I got both of Aurora and Phillip to sign my photo album I was about to leave when Eric and Ariel came back. But the CM said I couldn't see Eric. I was a little upset about it but as I was walking away to put my stuff away. Eric came over to me and said I hear that you have never met me before. I was so happy to see him. I think it was Prince Phillip talking to the Cast member and telling her to let Eric know about me. So this was my happy time of the day to finally meeting Prince Eric.

• Selfie Expert

One of my favorite interactions so far was when we were taking baby announcement photos with a couple of characters - Sully couldn't see the sign we were holding in front of him, so I held it up so he could see. He grabbed us in a hug and kissed each of our heads. It was so cute!

Best CM interaction, though, was that same day we were wearing shirts that said "This guy/girl is going to be a daddy/mommy" (respectively) and a CM read my shirt and just about tackled me screaming "CONGRATULATIONS" and giving me the biggest hug! I got all teary eyed.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Mistress of Evil

Last year, DD went to MHP dressed as Merida...from the shoes to the firey red curls. Merida spent so much time with her, and introduced her to her brothers that were still bears.

• Evil is Sexy

I've had wonderful interactions with all the characters I've met thus far. Our favorite villian to interact with is The Evil Queen. She's a rarer sighting, but an amusing encounter. My husband LOVES her and always kneels to her.
    Peter Pan, Mad Hatter and Alice are entertaining. They seem to have the most leeway with their roamings and antics.

Flynn Rider and Rapunzel are always fun together too. Favorite time with them was when they snuck out the backstage door in Fantasyland/Frontierland to sneak a churro from the nearby churro cart. I have photos of them doing it and Flynn grinning, saying "I can't help it. I love these churro things!"
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   
    • Minion

I have four. One year on my birthday, as my friend and I were walking through Main Street on our way out of the park, Pluto spotted my birthday pin. He came over, started jumping up and down, and started dancing with me. I have a photo of myself waltzing with Pluto, LOL!

Second, from Bats Day this year - I met Mickey and he put his hands under his mouth, like fangs, and started flapping his arms like a bat.

Third, the Queen of Hearts. I met her on another Bats Day. The shirt I was wearing had two layers, and the top layer was shredded. She looked at it and started making all these hand gestures, like "why did you tear your shirt up?!" I told her that we could never dress as well as she did, so why try? That got me in the Queen's good graces.

Last one, Goofy on BVS. I'd been to the Animation Academy twice, and was carrying my drawings all rolled up. He insisted on opening the drawings and admiring them!

I really have to hand it to the characters who go out of their way to make the guests' days in the park so special. They rock.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Honestly, my favorite interaction was one that happened when I was a stranger. It happened when I was around 12, and really solidified my desire to work for the Park when I was older (I ended up doing the WDW College program).

Basically, late one night, my mother and I were walking around the hub, and a little girl was wandering around, by herself, crying. A Cinderella was nearby and immediately went over to talk to the young girl, another CM went to find security.

The Cinderella walked the little girl over to a bench, helped her up on it, and proceeded to talk with her the entire, time, and helped her explain what her parents looked like to security. The girl calmed down considerable, and stayed plastered to that Cinderella's side the entire time. Eventually we watched Cinderella take the little girl's hand, and walk with Security down Mainstreet (to Town Hall, I assume).

It honestly is something that has always stuck with me. That little girl was able to find comfort in a character that was familiar to her, and that Cinderella went the extra mile to try and take care of her. It is the best piece of disney magic and care I've ever seen, and is one of the reasons I am so sad the princesses no longer wander.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

My best character experience is when me and a group of friends were camping out for the New Years Eve fireworks a few years back! Mad Hatter and Alice came out, came over to us, and signed our "Magic Mat!" That was so awesome!

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• formerly very helpful

Years ago I spent three days there with my daughter, and ran into the same Ariel each day. Each day she remembered my daughter by name, and even arranged a "private" meeting to say goodbye on our last day. Awesome "friend" of the princess.

During the first "Long Lost Friends" this year at DL, I had to meet Ludvig Von Drake. I have always enjoyed his crazy lectures in the cartoons and he is one of my favorite characters. I came wearing my Ludvig t-shirt and when he saw it, he gave me the biggest hug. Scrooge McDuck was with him and he was so jealous! Lots of fun!